You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gerbertz

The Dashas: What's their backstory?

57 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
846 posts
9,519 battles

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8ab4ff8f74be5f373d38c

We need backstories for each one of these captains?

Edited by Gerbertz

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,813 battles
2 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

We need backstories for each on of these captains?

A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away   

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,999 posts
12,491 battles

Their backstory is that Wargaming has recognized all the creepy "omg she's so pretty" posts and could monetize them.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 12

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,428 posts
4,312 battles
21 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Dasha has been hit in the head by a baguette and now thinks she's a French warship captain.

Dasha has watched too much History Channel and their brainwashing has finally turned her into a Wehraboo.

Dasha is out to prove that she's better than all those 2D animu captains. Your waifu is S***! S***!

China has stolen blueprints for Dasha, and created a second rate copy with a defective haircut.

Glorious Soviet stalinium Dasha is personally testing out Russian warships and reporting back which ones need more buffs (all of them).

Dasha has found a job at the British Directorate of Naval Construction, and has been tasked with finding new gimmicks to make the RN as abnormal as possible.

Dasha has infiltrated the USN, and is sending back information to the Soviet Union that Yanks really like stars, stripes and eagles on their camouflages. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 29

Members
855 posts
3,483 battles

I'm surprised no one has came along and yelled cultural apportion in terms to the Asian ones. What we need is the actor voice commands being her trying to talk like she is Chinese or Japanese, I'd die ROFL..

[TASH]
Members
4,996 posts
7,925 battles
25 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Dasha has been hit in the head by a baguette and now thinks she's a French warship captain.

Dasha has watched too much History Channel and their brainwashing has finally turned her into a Wehraboo.

Dasha is out to prove that she's better than all those 2D animu captains. Your waifu is S***! S***!

China has stolen blueprints for Dasha, and created a second rate copy with a defective haircut.

Glorious Soviet stalinium Dasha is personally testing out Russian warships and reporting back which ones need more buffs (all of them).

Dasha has found a job at the British Directorate of Naval Construction, and has been tasked with finding new gimmicks to make the RN as abnormal as possible.

Dasha has infiltrated the USN, and is sending back information to the Soviet Union that Yanks really like stars, stripes and eagles on their camouflages. 

ZDakWiS.jpg

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,769 posts
12,477 battles

@Gerbertz Quite some time back when Dasha was introduced as Spokeswoman for the game more than a few of went all ga ga for her. Eventually someone floated the idea of making her a Captain and this is WGs way of doing that. Also as Lert expressed a few guys became a bit crass, crude, lewd and rude but I suspect they were uncouth youth! I for one am an old man that appreciates attractive ladies and a Hubba Hubba is as crude as I'll get. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles

Best looking captain out there. She has all the insights of warships. I'm going to put her on my Krasny and make her a 19 point captain.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,409 posts
37 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Her too, eh?

• Cool 1

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles

We need a book!  Dasha...."The Early years".......heh. Then the movie. Talk shows...etc.

[PVE]
Members
1,226 posts
4,764 battles
49 minutes ago, Lert said:

Their backstory is that Wargaming has recognized all the creepy "omg she's so pretty" posts and could monetize them.

Now @Lert it's not like you to be so snarky! :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,563 posts
6,713 battles
48 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

quality dashapost!

[PSP]
Members
6,047 posts
8,589 battles

Fleeing the Bolsheviks, “German” Dasha's parents emigrated to the US, where little Dasha was born an American citizen. Little Dasha's father was a White Russian officer and avid hunter and her mother was a university professor. Little Dasha grew up in an American community of German imigrant farmers, where she learned to speak fluent German as well as being fluent in English and Russian.

Being her outdoorsman father's only child she also learned to shoot and hunt and live off the land, because an only child daughter will have to learn to do “son” things if she want's to hang out with dear old Dad.

Dasha became a college professor of linguistics, teaching German, Russian, and French. Being Russian by heritage and at heart though, Dasha heard of the female Russian sniper corps and tried to enlist as a sniper in the Army in WWII, only to be told that that wasn't an option for an American lady. Undeterred, she then sought out the head of the newly-formed Office of Strategic Services and became a field agent. She is now working deep behind enemy lines collecting information and organizing French resistance fighters in preparation for the invasion.

Postscript:

Dasha is still alive and sharp as a tack, though she just celebrated her 100th birthday. Dasha's great-grandaughter is a US Marine.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Fleeing the Bolsheviks, “German” Dasha's parents emigrated to the US, where little Dasha was born an American citizen. Little Dasha's father was a White Russian officer and avid hunter and her mother was a university professor. Little Dasha grew up in an American community of German imigrant farmers, where she learned to speak fluent German as well as being fluent in English and Russian.

Being her outdoorsman father's only child she also learned to shoot and hunt and live of the land, because if an only child daughter will have to learn to do “son” things if she want's to hang out with dear old Dad.

Dasha became a college professor of linguistics, teaching German, Russian, and French. Being Russian by heritage and at heart though, Dasha heard of the female Russian sniper corps and tried to enlist as a sniper in the Army in WWII, only to be told that that wasn't an option for an American lady. Undeterred, she then sought out the head of the newly-formed Office of Strategic Services and became a field agent. She is now working deep behind enemy lines collecting information and organizing French resistance fighters in preparation for the invasion.

Postscript:

Dasha is still alive and sharp as a tack, though she just celebrated her 100th birthday. Dasha's great-grandaughter is a US Marine.

HUH?  Gee. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
45 minutes ago, dmckay said:

We need a book!  Dasha...."The Early years".......heh. Then the movie. Talk shows...etc.

DM you're on to something there. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
56 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Being her outdoorsman father's only child she also learned to shoot and hunt and live of the land, because an only child daughter will have to learn to do “son” things if she want's to hang out with dear old Dad.

Postscript:

Snarg I usaully believe everything you tell me. We have wrote stories together and Parodies. So I'm trusting you on this one

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
2 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

I agree,

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles
21 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

DM you're on to something there. 

Ya but it is a standard formula when you are creating a celebrity.  Not new with me!! The childhood, the book, the movie, the naughty pics that just "mysteriously" appear after the STAR is born. On and on.  Etc.  Hollywood! 

Marilyn Monroe perfected that gig. Some before her...but she had it down to a science. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Ya but it is a standard formula when you are creating a celebrity.  Not new with me!! The childhood, the book, the movie, the naughty pics that just "mysteriously" appear after the STAR is born. On and on.  Etc.  Hollywood! 

Marilyn Monroe perfected that gig. Some before her...but she had it down to a science. :Smile_teethhappy:

DM, I think we should let her be as she is.

• Cool 1

Members
333 posts
6 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Maybe like 15 years ago. Watching "History" Channel today will just turn you into a pawn star, swamp person, or ancient alien.

• Funny 2

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles
8 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

DM, I think we should let her be as she is.

Agree.  Totally!

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles
9 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Maybe like 15 years ago. Watching "History" Channel today will just turn you into a pawn star, swamp person, or ancient alien.

Dasha wrestling Gators?  No.  Just no. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Mkay, mkay, I like (especially Japan and Pan Asia finally getting non-anime/non-marathon special captains), but now we need Italian, Polish, Commonwealth, and Pan-American Dashas.

No I don't care that none of those have tech tree ships and two only have one ship apiece!

[WOLFB]
Members
339 posts
3,499 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

I’m pretty. Not like everybody says, like ugly. I’m pretty and I want to get monetized!

Fredo GFII