Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Boat_Ape

Lackluster Collection Rewards

4 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
11,055 battles

Am I missing something about the American Cruisers Collection rewards? 

I finally lost patience in waiting to see how many total collectibles I had to acquire before I completed the collection.   Still, I ended up with 44 first issues of the 48 possible collectibles, plus a whopping 50 in duplicates. The reward I most wanted (or at least I thought I wanted) which was the “custom” camo scheme for all American Cruisers.   Silly me, I thought that I would be getting an actual unique and permanent camo scheme like I received  for my New Orleans and Baltimore which was awarded for prior collections and contests.  Heck, I would’ve even been ecstatic if WOWs would have just taken the Stars N Stripe camo and stripped it down to just the -3% Detectability and +4% Dispersion benefits of plain camo and offered that as the reward.  At least that would be a truly custom color scheme and I would happily pay the same fee of $22,500 to mount and resupply. 

Mind you, I’m a capitalist.  I certainly appreciate that WOWS is in business to make money and I want them to be successful in this venture.  I recall that 30 Freedom Boxes with 2 collectibles in each, cost $150.00.  If I had bought enough Freedom Boxes to get to this amount of first issue collectibles and duplicates I would’ve had to buy 50 of them at a cost of $250.00.  And for what, the choice between the original traditional dark grey and the ‘new and improved, light grey’ camo?  And adding insult to injury, WOWS recently comes out with the patriotic camo for the Dallas and Helena that you purchase to mount. Perhaps those should have been the reward for all of the cruisers instead of plain old “grey.”

I’m not privy to WOW’s marketing strategy but I would invite them to revisit where they spend their money.  I just saw the new video starring the Pin-Up Girls.  It’s terrific-it’s a first class production and had to cost a fortune to produce.  Perhaps instead of going big budget “Hollywood”-they might have spent more on the rewards for completing the collection.  Another flag to fly and new grey camo to mount isn’t much.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
5 minutes ago, Boat_Ape said:

Am I missing something about the American Cruisers Collection rewards? 

I finally lost patience in waiting to see how many total collectibles I had to acquire before I completed the collection.   Still, I ended up with 44 first issues of the 48 possible collectibles, plus a whopping 50 in duplicates. The reward I most wanted (or at least I thought I wanted) which was the “custom” camo scheme for all American Cruisers.   Silly me, I thought that I would be getting an actual unique and permanent camo scheme like I received  for my New Orleans and Baltimore which was awarded for prior collections and contests.  Heck, I would’ve even been ecstatic if WOWs would have just taken the Stars N Stripe camo and stripped it down to just the -3% Detectability and +4% Dispersion benefits of plain camo and offered that as the reward.  At least that would be a truly custom color scheme and I would happily pay the same fee of $22,500 to mount and resupply. 

Mind you, I’m a capitalist.  I certainly appreciate that WOWS is in business to make money and I want them to be successful in this venture.  I recall that 30 Freedom Boxes with 2 collectibles in each, cost $150.00.  If I had bought enough Freedom Boxes to get to this amount of first issue collectibles and duplicates I would’ve had to buy 50 of them at a cost of $250.00.  And for what, the choice between the original traditional dark grey and the ‘new and improved, light grey’ camo?  And adding insult to injury, WOWS recently comes out with the patriotic camo for the Dallas and Helena that you purchase to mount. Perhaps those should have been the reward for all of the cruisers instead of plain old “grey.”

I’m not privy to WOW’s marketing strategy but I would invite them to revisit where they spend their money.  I just saw the new video starring the Pin-Up Girls.  It’s terrific-it’s a first class production and had to cost a fortune to produce.  Perhaps instead of going big budget “Hollywood”-they might have spent more on the rewards for completing the collection.  Another flag to fly and new grey camo to mount isn’t much.

The rewards for completing the collection for 3rd Anniversary Collection are also decided lackluster. Only 15 of the new signals per sub-collection, and a flag and a super container for the end?

Why?

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
12 minutes ago, Boat_Ape said:

The reward I most wanted (or at least I thought I wanted) which was the “custom” camo scheme for all American Cruisers.   Silly me, I thought that I would be getting an actual unique and permanent camo scheme like I received  for my New Orleans and Baltimore which was awarded for prior collections and contests.  Heck, I would’ve even been ecstatic if WOWs would have just taken the Stars N Stripe camo and stripped it down to just the -3% Detectability and +4% Dispersion benefits of plain camo and offered that as the reward.  At least that would be a truly custom color scheme and I would happily pay the same fee of $22,500 to mount and resupply. 

You had a completely useful previous example of the exact reward in the Japanese camos and more then enough time to look up either.

Sign in to follow this