You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Ranked is ON! In case you forgot about it...

17 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I did actually forget about ranked! Caught up in all the Anniversary stuff, the collection of coal, heck still working on the Halsey campaign, got a new collection started... 

Then I thought, hey, isn't ranked active now? 

So I checked and indeed there it was - yay. So loaded a commander in the 'Bama and went to war. One match, a solid win by our team (started northside of neighbors map, took C then swept down towards B / A; they split A/B) because one of our players suggested the tactic. It worked nicely... I think we lost one ship who went for A on their own(?) maybe... 

And bam now my ship selection is Tier 10. R15, irrevocable hurrah. 

So don't forget Ranked is ON! 

How's your's been so far?  tiafyc

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,098 posts
9,218 battles

I'll be there for as long as I can stand it lol

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
Just now, CarbonButtprint said:

Since I got my Harugumo I'm willing to give it another try. 

Well i already encountered a Worcester which was bad enuff... I may have just grab the Grozo and go for it... but not sharp in her yet... maybe Moskva? Maybe Yamato? My Montana is at 50% win rate (1/1) at the moment. :cap_haloween:

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
32 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I did actually forget about ranked! Caught up in all the Anniversary stuff, the collection of coal, heck still working on the Halsey campaign, got a new collection started... 

Then I thought, hey, isn't ranked active now? 

So I checked and indeed there it was - yay. So loaded a commander in the 'Bama and went to war. One match, a solid win by our team (started northside of neighbors map, took C then swept down towards B / A; they split A/B) because one of our players suggested the tactic. It worked nicely... I think we lost one ship who went for A on their own(?) maybe... 

And bam now my ship selection is Tier 10. R15, irrevocable hurrah. 

So don't forget Ranked is ON! 

How's your's been so far?  tiafyc

I feel like Eeyore.(read the following sentences in his voice) "Don't even have a Tier VIII, let alone a Tier X. Can't even bother if I wanted to."

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
1 post
2,406 battles

Ya already finished my rank season. Only have a tier 8 as highest ship, and just about to reach tier 9. No tier 10. Took me a whole three battles over a 1 hour period to get to the 15th rank. Have always played rank since 7th season, and this is now my shortest yet. Hated this tier 10 stuff last season, but at least then you got to play to 10th rank. 15 is just way to low. Way to cut out your player base Wargaming.

And no I'm not spending money to free xp my way to tier 10 either. Not only a waste of money, but i see the grind of ships as half the fun of the game. Makes you play ships that you may not like or need to improve on and learn new things along the way. All jumping to tier 10 does is gets you to top without learning the game and then there is nothing to shoot for anymore on that line. That and you end up with a player base that still sails in straight lines and plays like they are in tier 5 still. 

Whatever, just frustrated with it is all. Still love the game, but things like this are just like kicks in the guts is all.

Members
3,643 posts
13,502 battles

I had enough stars from the last season to get to Rank 15. Fought only 2 battles with Hindenberg to get the one star at 15 needed to get the flag and I'm done. To me tier 10 play is a ordeal and far from being fun.

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles

I plan to rank out this season, so when I get home tonight I'm going to hit rank up...... I hope to get to rank 1 this season if I can. 

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
125 posts
5,199 battles

This year Ii've already see the stupid crap in ranked. It's not even funny how bad players are right now. YOLOing full HP battleships into cruisers to get Torped. DD's smoking after getting radared.

It's just crap battles upon crap right now.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I was chatting in battle with someone about ranked... and this came out...

"Only takes about one or two matches for the Ranked Rage to kick in!" 

And it's true... 

26 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

This year Ii've already see the stupid crap in ranked. It's not even funny how bad players are right now. YOLOing full HP battleships into cruisers to get Torped. DD's smoking after getting radared.

I've only played three matches so far - one win (t8). The tier 10 matches were both losses, but one out of two I was top score on the team. I have already seen things I thought, hoped would not be present at t10, same kinda stuff you mentioned. I "think" I'm giving ranked a pass tonight, maybe even tomorrow (guests coming over for an outdoor grill session) unless it's late tomorrow... I may get to it Sunday.

I honestly feel more like grinding matches in random. Sad, isn't it? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

A clan mate reminded me i can convert steel into coal... that interests me as I'm closing in on the Salem. So I tried another rank battle. I'm done for the night.

Player says, "I'm not the best tier X carrier player in the game." Our whole team was practically raging. No spotting, no fighter/db/tb shootdowns... meanwhile red carrier nukes three of our ships. Ours got none. 

Ours of course was the Hakuryu. Theirs was a Midway. I figure that probably didn't help alot but then again I stopped my carrier progression at t6. 

So semi-official complaint: Carriers need not be in ranked until their rework is complete. We know all the reasons, but the biggest is player skill on those ships have a much bigger impact on the outcome of a game than any other ship type. 

Back to the "Esc" key when I see a carrier in queue. GL HF guys, go for the steel! 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

What's the flag for this season?

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

First game in ranked and a GK spammed HE all game. We lost.

Second game everyone bickered in chat all game. We lost.

What could possibly happen in the third game? Will keep this post updated. 

Edit: Third game- got sniped by a wall of torps that wasn't aimed for me in the first 2 minutes of the game. I hadn't even been spotted. I had one cap. Finished second from last on the team. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

two games in and I am already sick of seeing Asashios on my team.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
13 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

@crzyhawk trust me... it gets... better? :cap_horn::cap_haloween:

Ranked sucks even worse than I remember.  I can't even carry at rank 18 anymore

• Cool 1