Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thornir

Dev Strike or Detonation?

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,963 posts
4,994 battles

So in a ranked game a few minutes ago, I did this...So that's almost 21 k damage per torp...from a Lo Yang, which has 11.6k damage torps. I am thinking there had to be a Detonation in there to get this much damage out of 3 torp hits...Does Dev Strike trump Detonation?

62 k against Rich.png

Dev strike Rich 2.png

Edited by Thornir
added personal results

[HINON]
Members
9,323 posts

Torps detonated the bb. Full health at the start I assume based on the damage I bet the first or 2nd torp dropped him below 75% health and the next one got the lucky det roll. This is why you always use the det proof flag in ranked.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,963 posts
4,994 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Torps detonated the bb. Full health at the start I assume based on the damage I bet the first or 2nd torp dropped him below 75% health and the next one got the lucky det roll. This is why you always use the det proof flag in ranked.

well 25% of 63 K is close to 16K...so first two reduce it then #3 detonates?...and as a DD player, I know if you have the anti-det flags, you use them …

but I got credit for a dev strike, not a detonation...And the detonation had to happen to get the Dev Strike...so, IDK...remains a mystery...

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Thornir said:

well 25% of 63 K is close to 16K...so first two reduce it then #3 detonates?...and as a DD player, I know if you have the anti-det flags, you use them …

but I got credit for a dev strike, not a detonation...And the detonation had to happen to get the Dev Strike...so, IDK...remains a mystery...

You don't get credit for a detonation when you trigger one on someone else.

You get credit for a detonation when someone else triggers a detonation on you.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,963 posts
4,994 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You don't get credit for a detonation when you trigger one on someone else.

You get credit for a detonation when someone else triggers a detonation on you.

Ok, fair enough, but I mean the screen display said I dev struck him...you're saying HIS screen said detonation? Let me check that team score...<Brief pause>

Yep! He got a "Detonation" booby prize. Thanks! I should have thought of that.

Sign in to follow this