You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shinoa520

How could this happen?? 2 overpen in 3.3km??

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
13 posts
597 battles

I mean, that is Yamato right?!!

And of course, I lost the battle because of this.......

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by NoNoPanda520

[WOLF1]
Members
13 posts
597 battles

Well, I record almsot every game I play, so this is not from REP or something, what you are seeing is what I saw. Is there any aiming problem or what?

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
4 minutes ago, NoNoPanda520 said:

Well, I record almsot every game I play, so this is not from REP or something, what you are seeing is what I saw. Is there any aiming problem or what?

Well your shells are too big and too fast. The fuse arms, and by the time the shell explodes it is already out the other end of the ship. For bonus skill points shoot at the waterline. You actually can use the water to give your shell more meat so that it arms and explodes

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

As 1204 pointed out you need to aim lower due to the massive pen on your guns at that range. Think of the arc being so flat at that distance its easy to shoot right over the citadel. Also how do you have Yamato in 32 battles, I need those grinding skills :cap_haloween:

Edited by RipNuN2

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,268 battles

32 battles.. I think you are not quite ready for tier 10 games yet.

That is such perfect situation for Yamato to over pen cruisers. This should not be a surprise..

Beta Testers
1,365 posts

Your aim was too high. You have to aim a pixel under the waterline with Yamato or you get overpens nonstop.

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles

Frankly, almost all BBs have to be careful about overpenning cruisers at close range due to the high penetration on their guns.  Sometimes, it's better to not have a perfect broadside when you're a BB shooting at a cruiser a shorter ranges.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

As 1204 pointed out you need to aim lower due to the massive pen on your guns at that range. Think of the arc being so flat at that distance its easy to shoot right over the citadel. Also how do you have Yamato in 32 battles, I need those grinding skills :cap_haloween:

37 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

I want to get to the Yamato in 32 battles!

48 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Image result for explain this shit meme

Likewise . I mean how since Tuesday did you possibly do that ?   

:Smile_honoring:

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

1 hour ago, HeathenForay said:

Image result for explain this shit meme

58 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

I want to get to the Yamato in 32 battles!

Looked his name up on the website . This account has not played anything higher then tier 4 with 26 Random and 6 Co-op and is at service level 12 . So an alt account is all I can figure or very good troll .

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts
13 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Looked his name up on the website . This account has not played anything higher then tier 4 with 26 Random and 6 Co-op and is at service level 12 . So an alt account is all I can figure or very good troll .

This is probably OP's main account NoNoPanda430.

Members
436 posts
8,406 battles

All BB's overpen  cruisers at that range on anything but the citadel.   It's WGings plan to make AP useless in all situations except long range when the enemy is oblivious. 

Members
15 posts
11,015 battles

Thanks for all explanations guys, I will try to aim a bit lower next time ....  But still the dispersion is just as horrible as usual lol, I am using the legendary mod. btw.

Also, I figure there is probably no way I can defeat the Hindy anyhow under this circumstance since I cannot get a single citadel hit at this range right? I have only 2 chances to fire, and after that, I am a dead man anyhow. Probably it is a mistake that I were too close to the enemy crusiers.

Well, as for the account, actually I am not the original owner of this account, and since I have pretty much unlocked every tier X, I decided to make a new one on my own. I just forgot to switch to my old one.

I mean, isn't it fun to unlock a tier X ship you desired yourself.

Members
179 posts
40 battles
16 minutes ago, NoNoPanda430 said:

Thanks for all explanations guys, I will try to aim a bit lower next time ....  But still the dispersion is just as horrible as usual lol, I am using the legendary mod. btw.

Also, I figure there is probably no way I can defeat the Hindy anyhow under this circumstance since I cannot get a single citadel hit at this range right? I have only 2 chances to fire, and after that, I am a dead man anyhow. Probably it is a mistake that I were too close to the enemy crusiers.

Well, as for the account, actually I am not the original owner of this account, and since I have pretty much unlocked every tier X, I decided to make a new one on my own. I just forgot to switch to my old one.

I mean, isn't it fun to unlock a tier X ship you desired yourself.

BBs can’t really citadel Hindys at close range when giving broadside. Hindys do possess turtleback which are effective at bouncing off the citadel and get over pens in close range. As said you can only try to aim lower to bypass the turtleback but even then it is unlikely to one shot a Hindy(and he will cripple you hard with Yolo torps).