You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

Tier 10 ranked, can you go back to tier 8?

21 comments in this topic

[SMP]
Beta Testers
243 posts
5,845 battles

I notice that 16 is not irrevocable so you can lose it and drop down to 17, but once you make 15 if you don't have any tier 10 ships you are done with ranked.  Is that correct?  You can't fall back down from 15 to 16. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles

I wanted to grind my stock monarch in ranked this season, but unfortunately I don't even get to play in t8. 

• Angry 1

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
52 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I wanted to grind my stock monarch in ranked this season, but unfortunately I don't even get to play in t8. 

Got too far last time I take it?

[TBW]
Members
6,323 posts
11,883 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

You have played less then 300 games, the last thing you should do is play ranked!

It says he has 5236 battles, not 236.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

That is not what is loading up for me. 

Then you better buy a new computer. 

Members
9,863 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It says he has 5236 battles, not 236.

He's basing that on Random battles.

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles

T8 becomes who’s lo yang player dosnt die.

• Cool 1

Members
72 posts

I’m not even going to play rank/clan till this T10 train dies. I’m tired of it, it’s become both boring and annoying. I don’t have any T10s, and tbh, I don’t want one. I can rank up once and then I’m done with rank.. that’s complete unfair in my opinion, I love T8, it’s the most balanced tier in my opinion, but T10 is a big fat NO! 

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,830 posts
12,276 battles
2 hours ago, RECON_RANGER said:

I notice that 16 is not irrevocable so you can lose it and drop down to 17, but once you make 15 if you don't have any tier 10 ships you are done with ranked.  Is that correct?  You can't fall back down from 15 to 16. 

I was hoping to grind me rich, but nope lol!

Beta Testers
1,291 posts
3,583 battles

What really would have been a hit with many would have been tier 5 till rank 16 then tier 8 rank 15-2 and finally tier 10 at rank 1. 

• Cool 2

[SMP]
Beta Testers
243 posts
5,845 battles
5 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

That is not what is loading up for me. 

I don't play randoms.  They are CANCER.   I have 236 random battles ONLY because there was some type of marathon probably for a free tank, otherwise, I would have ZERO.  I have over 2,500 games in COOP and over 2,500 in Operations.  They are both VERY fun, but randoms are CANCER. 

I have a 98% winrate in COOP.  You will say it's just COOP, but in 2,500 COOP games I have only lost 71 times.  Many of those losses there were several AFK's on my team.  Recently, I am winning at 100%  I have not lost in over 500 games.  I want to get my winrate over 99%.

I only play ranked to grind stock tanks.  Plus, I don't have any tier 10's so because I can't advance pass 16, I am not doing very well so I can still grind for the entire month.  I didn't know this and I am at 17 so if I win 4 battles I am locked out of ranked so I have to make sure I lose them all.  It's really a stupid system.  It should let you continue to play tier 8 as long as you want.  I have lost 14 straight, but prior to that I was doing very well and won like 12 straight to get to 17.  I am about to go back in, go enemy team.  Please beat us badly. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
5 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

You have played less then 300 games, the last thing you should do is play ranked!

Ehh dunno, I hardly ever play Randoms except to farm rewards, complete campaigns, or grind stock ships up quickly. Playing Ranked is no different than playing Randoms, actually a bit nicer since there are fewer red ships and the maps are smaller. Co-op players will do just fine there since gameplay is a bit more aggressive than normal Random battles where everyone turns tail and runs at the first shots fired. 

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
32 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

I have a 98% winrate in COOP.  You will say it's just COOP, but in 2,500 COOP games I have only lost 71 times.

That all would make sense - everyone's win rate in coop should be at least 90% if not close to 95%.  Randoms are only cancer if you let it be.  I guess I just like more of a challenge.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

That all would make sense - everyone's win rate in coop should be at least 90% if not close to 95%.  Randoms are only cancer if you let it be.  I guess I just like more of a challenge.

Actually my win rate in co-op is kind of low for co-op players. I work nights and keep my schedule on my days off so I play lots of matches in the wee hours. Often I am the only human on my team and it makes for really exciting matches. I usually break out a carrier and try to keep my bot team alive but the red bots love to bum rush and you just can not kill them fast enough..  Anyways I am in the low 90's I think, been a while since I looked. 

Members
318 posts
6 battles
45 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

I don't play randoms.  They are CANCER.   I have 236 random battles ONLY because there was some type of marathon probably for a free tank, otherwise, I would have ZERO.  I have over 2,500 games in COOP and over 2,500 in Operations.  They are both VERY fun, but randoms are CANCER. 

I have a 98% winrate in COOP.  You will say it's just COOP, but in 2,500 COOP games I have only lost 71 times.  Many of those losses there were several AFK's on my team.  Recently, I am winning at 100%  I have not lost in over 500 games.  I want to get my winrate over 99%.

I only play ranked to grind stock tanks.  Plus, I don't have any tier 10's so because I can't advance pass 16, I am not doing very well so I can still grind for the entire month.  I didn't know this and I am at 17 so if I win 4 battles I am locked out of ranked so I have to make sure I lose them all.  It's really a stupid system.  It should let you continue to play tier 8 as long as you want.  I have lost 14 straight, but prior to that I was doing very well and won like 12 straight to get to 17.  I am about to go back in, go enemy team.  Please beat us badly. 

I agree with the other poster. If you have less than 300 games in PVP, you should just avoid ranked all together. CO-OP is for brand new players just learning the game. You will get smoked in ranked.

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,028 posts
4,195 battles

I've noticed the fail trolls have already gathered around 16 and 17.  I've been watching battles that leave me pulling my hair with snipeitz and Snipemarks and people refusing to close with battleships that live in the 15-10km belt.  Less team killing this time, but still as frustrating.

YAY 1,000 posts!

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Not gonna lie, I only got a single game in my Baltimore into Ranked and none in my Bismarck or Richelieu because I didn't read the fine print. I had been hoping to grind them, but like so many other people I capped out at rank 10 last season, so as soon as I got those two stars my options became Hindenburg, Worcester, or "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

Granted I can still work on getting their legendary modules in ranked, and maybe even get my first 19 pointer on Hindy (woot!), but I'm still a tad miffed by how the levels worked out.

[PRNA]
Members
201 posts
2,696 battles
7 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

T8 becomes who’s lo yang player dosnt die.

:cap_like: