You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles

So because I played some Ranked last season, I get to start at Rank 16 this time around.  It's a standard perk which I was aware of prior to today, yadda yadda.

The thing is, in past ranked seasons all that this "cost" me was a few flags and/or consumables.  A loss, but a minor loss and one which was more than offset by not having to grind my way all the way from the bottom.

This season, my "perk" is also costing me 650 steel which I honestly could've used (pretty much anyone can use this, even if only to trade for coal if they already have the steel-based ships).  And given that the tier 10 play begins at Rank 15, and given that I have no interest in playing the tier 10 ranks due to a combination of T10 burnout & the horrendously imbalanced XP system at that tier, this means that I basically won't be playing Ranked this season.  Not a huge loss, mind you, but again...rewards which I could've used and which I now won't be able to get.

There are two obvious solutions to this:

1. Allow players to opt out of the higher seed we receive based on past Ranked performance.  Not the optimal solution for a number of reasons.
  2. Automatically award all rewards for skipped Ranks to eligible players.  This would seem to me to be a no-brainer.

Free rewards, the world doesn't revolve around me, don't look a gift potato in the mouth, etc.  But seriously...why take away these potential rewards, particularly in this season as steel wasn't in the game for the last one?

Edited by Harv72b

[BIAS]
Members
2,999 posts
8,978 battles

You get all the rewards from the previous ranks upon playing your first battle.... How many ranked seasons have you played without realizing this? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,797 posts
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You get all the rewards from the previous ranks upon playing your first battle.... How many ranked seasons have you played without realizing this? 

This ^

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
49 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

you still get the rewards. play one game. 

I realized that after I did.  Oops!  :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,593 battles
Just now, Harv72b said:

I realized that after I did.  Oops!  :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

Eh we all make mistakes. Mine was not knowing how exclusive Copper would be and failing to earn it on the test server.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
23 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Eh we all make mistakes. Mine was not knowing how exclusive Copper would be and failing to earn it on the test server.

Copper earned on the test server does not equal copper earned on your main account...:fish_palm:

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,593 battles
36 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Copper earned on the test server does not equal copper earned on your main account...:fish_palm:

Oh whoops, I thought you got copper on the main account two like with the other rewards. I guess I'm not as dumb as I thought. Just illiterate. :cap_book: