Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rilak

3rd birth day crates 3x per weekend ?

55 comments in this topic

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,227 battles

please tell me im reading this event wrong. starting today you can get a total of 3 aniv. crates and thats it for the weekend ?  that equals 24 tokens??

do they plan to reset these daily ? more to come ? 

the last two years  we got some great prizes for the aniv. events.   dragon flags for games played + t10 owned, last year it was similar, after checking the arsenal we are gonna need to save up for a week before getting any decent prizes 2-3 weeks for a  captain ?  seems really extreme 3-4 weeks for a artic camo ..... seems super weak !  for the BIG THREE YEARS !

normally i think  WOWS is very generous with extra loot, and what not.  am i missing something ?  or is the arsenal just9over priced for the 3rd bday stuff ?

Edited by Rilak

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,104 posts
18,616 battles

You can get 3 crates per day from Friday to Sunday. Rest of the week is one per day.

The real anniversay is mid next month, we may see more when the September missions will come online.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,297 battles

You are reading it wrong.  You can get one crate per day for the 24 days of the event.  Also, there are additional missions on the weekends; this weekend's event allows you to earn up to two more crates per day.  Assuming other weekends are similar -- which is far from certain, but not outlandish - the weekends offer 24 more crates, for a likely total of 48 earnable crates in the event.  48 crates would be 384 anniversary tokens and mathematical certainty of completing the anniversary collection.

• Cool 2

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

You are reading it wrong.  You can get one crate per day for the 24 days of the event.  Also, there are additional missions on the weekends; this weekend's event allows you to earn up to two more crates per day.  Assuming other weekends are similar -- which is far from certain, but not outlandish - the weekends offer 24 more crates, for a likely total of 48 earnable crates in the event.  48 crates would be 384 anniversary tokens and mathematical certainty of completing the anniversary collection.

Darn, then there's no way of getting all the Dasha commanders without paying real money. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by legoboy0401

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,297 battles
17 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Darn, then there's no way of getting all the Dasha commanders without paying real money. :Smile_sceptic:

Unless they suddenly start giving away crates by other means, for example on the actual anniversary, it looks like two Dashas max for free.  That's what I'm assuming anyway.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
38 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

B I N G O !!

(Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!)

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

B I N G O !!

(Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!)

It's worth noting that this doesn't even include the Space Commanders or patches, either. This event is a total rip-off for non-whale players.

• Bad 3

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,179 battles

I had hopes that all of the Dasha commanders would be obtainable. Of course, we don't know if any other missions will be available, but as it stand snow, this event is a real let-down.

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles
16 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

It's worth noting that this doesn't even include the Space Commanders or patches, either. This event is a total rip-off for non-whale players.

Free stuff = rip-off in a f2p game.  Gotcha

• Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, SmokeHenge said:

Free stuff = rip-off in a f2p game.  Gotcha

Barely anything. There's SO MUCH stuff in the anniversary section of the Arsenal, and only a COMPARATIVELY TINY amount can be earned for free. 

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles
Just now, legoboy0401 said:

Barely anything. There's SO MUCH stuff in the anniversary section of the Arsenal, and only a COMPARATIVELY TINY amount can be earned for free. 

The reverse of that describes shops in pay2play games.  Of course the amount of free earnables is tiny in WoWs.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

The reverse of that describes shops in pay2play games.  Of course the amount of free earnables is tiny in WoWs.

It was better(read, more free stuff) in Clash Of The Elements, and to a degree, better(again, read: more free stuff) in Go Navy! as well.

• Bad 1

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

It was better(read, more free stuff) in Clash Of The Elements, and to a degree, better(again, read: more free stuff) in Go Navy! as well.

And this has changed, I’m not disputing that, but explain to me how you’re not getting your moneys’ worth if you’re not paying anything to get something.

• Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

And this has changed, I’m not disputing that, but explain to me how you’re not getting your moneys’ worth if you’re not paying anything to get something.

I never mentioned getting my money's worth, I just said it was a rip-off compared even to the rewards pay-out of the event that just ended a few days ago.

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Bad 2

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles
4 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I never mentioned getting my money's worth, I just said it was a rip-off compared even to the rewards pay-out of the event that just ended a few days ago.

Then it should be a ripoff for whale players as well (if not moreso for them)

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Then it should be a ripoff for whale players as well (if not moreso for them)

It kind of is, but see, their(premium) crates deliver 32% more tokens.

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles

Which is what they’re paying for and we get back to the idea of money’s worth.

I hate how contentious I get in August :/

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,681 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Actually, you will 26 crates for the daily event since it runs from Aug 24 to September 19 (8 for August and 18 for September).

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
9 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

Which is what they’re paying for and we get back to the idea of money’s worth.

I hate how contentious I get in August :/

Stop downvoting me. You are not JUST contentious, you are pretentiously contentious.

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
575 posts
7,289 battles

There's too much selection

There's only what, a half dozen types of things?  With many variations.

[PVE]
Members
8,802 posts
7,241 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

O.M.G. it is the first weekend of the event that runs until Sep 19th. As stated above there may be more weekend of crates. There may be other events that offer tokens.

In ANY case, WoWs is a free to play game, it is NOT free to develop. So based on the Go Navy event where you could only get ONE out of 3 perma-camos WITHOUT paying money, why do you think you will get ALL of the Dasha commanders for free? How do you know you will only get two. WG has already released two codes to get two of the patches for free, so you don't have to spend tokens on those. Relax, take some deep breaths and relax.

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles
13 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Stop downvoting me. You are not JUST contentious, you are pretentiously contentious.

I don’t even know how to downvote, only symbol I can see is a thumbs-up :(. And I prefer to think of myself as conscientiously contentious.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

O.M.G. it is the first weekend of the event that runs until Sep 19th. As stated above there may be more weekend of crates. There may be other events that offer tokens.

In ANY case, WoWs is a free to play game, it is NOT free to develop. So based on the Go Navy event where you could only get ONE out of 3 perma-camos WITHOUT paying money, why do you think you will get ALL of the Dasha commanders for free? How do you know you will only get two. WG has already released two codes to get two of the patches for free, so you don't have to spend tokens on those. Relax, take some deep breaths and relax.

Dude, you don't get what I am saying. There wasn't a huge amount of things in Go Navy! 's section in the Arsenal. But this? Everything is overpriced and also, see below:

13 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

There's too much selection

There's only what, a half dozen types of things?  With many variations.

See, this one gets it.

everything being a good bit overpricedtoo much selection x the earnable containers being FAR too skimpy on tokens

=

a total whale-oriented, rip-offish-looking mess.

Sign in to follow this