Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Temper flies

20 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

Yes, I get very tempted to blow up at baddies. Did so last night partly because my survival build GK relies on good teammates to make the most of tanking (and it does get annoying when potatoes waste my XP-boosting camos and flags).

Still got a ways to go with staying calm. Believe I gradually became more competitive in Random without noticing, probably over last 6 or so months, and it'll take time to unlearn.

To anyone I've yelled at: sorry.

To anyone I've not yelled at: buy me lemons. Lemonaide's good!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,916 battles
59 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Yes, I get very tempted to blow up at baddies. Did so last night partly because my survival build GK relies on good teammates to make the most of tanking (and it does get annoying when potatoes waste my XP-boosting camos and flags).

Still got a ways to go with staying calm. Believe I gradually became more competitive in Random without noticing, probably over last 6 or so months, and it'll take time to unlearn.

I mean hey. Could be worse... could be a girl that isnt able to stay calm so always yells to the point where her voice repeatedly cracks where everyone thinks your a guy :/

• Funny 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

I tend to get REALLY annoyed with enemy BBs that always, and I mean ALWAYS angle perfectly, or when they aren't perfectly angled, I'm reloading or RNG flips me off by putting my shells down on to their more angled belt, getting nothing but shatters and bounces. 

Is it just me who feels like this?

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
5 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I tend to get REALLY annoyed with enemy BBs that always, and I mean ALWAYS angle perfectly, or when they aren't perfectly angled, I'm reloading or RNG flips me off by putting my shells down on to their more angled belt, getting nothing but shatters and bounces. 

Is it just me who feels like this?

Sometimes, you just have games like that where your reloads are out of sync with the enemy's exposed broadside "windows".  And sometimes, you have games where the enemy always seems to show their broadsides just as your guns are reloaded and ready to go.  Ship happens.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles

I've found that staying level headed but making passive aggressive barbs, sarcastic jokes, and yandere threats is at least amusing to stream watchers.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

There are teams that are so bad that they will take Hard Core Team Carry Efforts and throw it away to get a loss.  There are people that get 2000 BaseXPs on a loss with a magnificent performance trying to drag a Potato-fest team across the finish line to victory, but still lose.  There are those matches that Potatoes do dumb things early on and die quickly, leaving the team in an all to difficult situation.  What starts as a 12 vs 12, after 3 minutes of the start of shooting, you've lost 4 ships and have quickly gone down to 8 vs 12, and it only snowballs into a worse state from that point on.

You see a Shiratsuyu of your group sail right into the spotted arms of a Gadjah Mada, Akizuki, New Orleans, and a Massachusetts, guns blazing, torps flying, and getting massacred.  There goes your DD screen.

You see your Top Tier Battleship try to roll up in the middle of Islands of Ice in Cap B like it owned the godd*mned place, only to watch it get focus fired and sunk quickly like the moron he is.

I vividly still being angered when a Hakuryu of our team in Islands of Ice decided to sail his CV right into the middle of godd*mn Cap B at the start of the match.  The entire team was warning him in chat, "WAKE THE F UP CV, YOU'RE SAILING INTO THE MIDDLE," pinging the map to wake him the f--k up, yet there he goes, the most powerful ship in the match, for the team, getting torpedoed and shot up at the start of the game.

Watching Cruisers sail into an open water cap at the start of the match, thinking nothing bad is going to happen to them.

Numerous actions like these by teammates in a single match put you in a disadvantage.

Like a crab trying to climb out of the bucket, the potato crabs keep pulling you back in.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

The only way to know for sure you did a complete job in irritating your fellow team mates is to keep an eye on your karma. Cheesed-off players tend to dump an entire day's worth of reporting karma on you for such actions. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The only way to know for sure you did a complete job in irritating your fellow team mates is to keep an eye on your karma. Cheesed-off players tend to dump an entire day's worth of reporting karma on you for such actions. 

As I understand, only the first one counts.  Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I have said mean things and didn't get massive drops in karma.  Or maybe I wasn't mean enough? :Smile_glasses:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As I understand, only the first one counts.  Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I have said mean things and didn't get massive drops in karma.  Or maybe I wasn't mean enough? :Smile_glasses:

Probably the latter... or you have such a massive stockpile of karma you wouldn't know it if they did ding ya! 

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

my survival build GK relies on good teammates to make the most of tanking....

Lol that's like buying a boat when you live in Mongolia....

• Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles
3 hours ago, DESRON10 said:

NO problems, I put you on chat disabled/Blacklist after the first time.

Consider it an overreaction given it was first time, but I probably deserved that. Cyberbullying happened to me, probably rubbed off more on me than realized.

Once I get rid of that temper problem, would ask you unblock me. But as you see fit.

3 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I refuse to get in vc right now with my guys, Im screaming too much.

"I'm pretty sure that agony is just all in your head" is what I'd probably have said a year ago. For some reason, reminds me of someone else--think it's a CC--that said one of the first rules about internet pvp is never assume the team has any intelligence.

2 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

I mean hey. Could be worse... could be a girl that isnt able to stay calm so always yells to the point where her voice repeatedly cracks where everyone thinks your a guy :/

+1 for the lol. Maybe I should try doing that in my clan's vc, did manage one time to imitate a girly voice so convincing my younger brother could hardly believe his ears.

2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I've found that staying level headed but making passive aggressive barbs, sarcastic jokes, and yandere threats is at least amusing to stream watchers.

Got a Twitch account, but never bothered streaming. From recording my own gameplay in other games, noticed my narration's audio clarity is not consistent. IDK, should I stream for lolz?

Sarcastic jokes I can do instinctively. Mocked teammates before when didn't play well--such as when one beaches, I'll laugh at him in global chat. But passive aggressive and yandere threats are new.

2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If Karma scores had any value for anniversary rewards, I think more players would care about it. Atm it's so pointless I don't even know where to look up my profile's karma!

I was under the impression chat bans are a sign you irritated enough people, not just teammates.

1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Lol that's like buying a boat when you live in Mongolia....

From the +1 lol it's a joke...but don't get it.

Edited by Reymu
Once again typing and posting without really proofreading -_- sorry!

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
58 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Got a Twitch account, but never bothered streaming. From recording my own gameplay in other games, noticed my narration's audio clarity is not consistent. IDK, should I stream for lolz?

Sarcastic jokes I can do instinctively. Mocked teammates before when didn't play well--such as when one beaches, I'll laugh at him in global chat. But passive aggressive and yandere threats are new.

Doing it on stream can be entertaining for others, and can help keep it out of the game.

Just make sure you keep it humorous. Nobody wants to watch a legit rager.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

From the +1 lol it's a joke...but don't get it.

Your build needs good teammates, a boat needs water.

Not very common in WoWS and Mongolia respectively.

Probably could have come up with something better in the same vein, but I saw a customer pulling into the parking lot so had to cut it short lol.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Probably could have come up with something better in the same vein, but I saw a customer pulling into the parking lot so had to cut it short lol.

Hey now, the Royal Mongolian Navy is a long and proud tradition.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles
57 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Like an OPAF Belfast having a fantastic game, single-handedly wrecking the enemy team's Destroyers and causing havoc against Cruisers and Battleships.  The Anti-DD effort alone should have been enough for high chances of a team win.  Yet you will have teams so bad that they cannot take advantage of such contributions.

You can be in a DD having spotted enemy torpedoes a long ways off, avoid them.  Yet you got lots of dumb teammates far behind you that still get hit by those torpedoes you spotted long ago.  I could be in a CV having done the same thing, spotted torpedoes far away from my team.  Should have been ample time for people to maneuver and not get hit, yet there they are, eating 5 torps from torpedo drops spotted long ago.

I remember playing Space Battles, playing Space Gearing.  I saw a bunch of red players all camping inside a Space Minotaur's small smoke pattern.  I was about 12km away and dropped torps immediately for the chance of getting big hits.  However, soon a Space Zao appears, spots my torpedoes and avoids all of them.  I cursed to myself:

"D*mn, that Zao spotted all my torps, I guess I won't get those smoke campers 12km away."

I watch as my torps sail along, and 'lo and behold, the torps reach the smoke and I bag 8 torpedo hits for massive damage including a kill.

I laughed!  Those torps were spotted long ago and yet I got lots of hits and massive damage!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,416 battles
5 hours ago, Reymu said:

with or without sugar? because my parents made some of the best lemonade ive ever tasted

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Doing it on stream can be entertaining for others, and can help keep it out of the game.

Just make sure you keep it humorous. Nobody wants to watch a legit rager.

Now you're making it sound attractive--and I'll bet you are sounding persuasive on purpose.

I should consider trying that. Streaming on Twitch just requires granting it access for live-stream, right?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,416 battles

tbh, im playing Ranked now only for the Steel, Stalingrad isnt going to earn itself after all

Sign in to follow this