Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

A Normal Game of Ranked

5 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,306 posts
8,927 battles

:fish_aqua::fish_aqua:We are two DDs! We are going to run over to C and cap! Then, we are going to smoke up and sit in our smoke all game because we are "defending" the cap!

:fish_book:I am a BB. I am moving but my team isn't sure that anyone is at the helm. I may be a rank-up bot. Or maybe I got distracted and went AFK. Anyhow, I proceed in a straight line from the spawn until I run into an island and then sit there until I'm sunk. I do get a few points of secondary action though to "prove" that I was active in the game.

:cap_like: I must be something special because every seems to know me. I relish in talking to people in the chat. I'm so busy being social that I collide with half the team and then get stuck on a rock, where I am deleted.

:fish_glass:I am a CV. I complain about the other CV being "OP" because it has more fighters and torpedo bombers. I complain about my team's lack of support because they aren't clustered around me here at the corner of the map. I send my planes to a target and let them immediately return so that everyone on the enemy team knows exactly where I am. The enemy CV sinks me with torpedoes.

:fish_cute_2:I'm a full-health BB. A barely-alive BB of the same type comes around an island and surprises me. Its guns are pointing the wrong way while mine are directed right at it, and it is broadside to me. I immediately turn into it and ram it, thus killing us both.

:Smile_Default:   I am actually a good player in a cruiser. I try my best and lead the team in both kills, caps, and points but it's too no avail. Oh well, at least I didn't lose a star. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
5,127 posts
2,437 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:fish_aqua::fish_aqua:We are two DDs! We are going to run over to C and cap! Then, we are going to smoke up and sit in our smoke all game because we are "defending" the cap!

:fish_book:I am a BB. I am moving but my team isn't sure that anyone is at the helm. I may be a rank-up bot. Or maybe I got distracted and went AFK. Anyhow, I proceed in a straight line from the spawn until I run into an island and then sit there until I'm sunk. I do get a few points of secondary action though to "prove" that I was active in the game.

:cap_like: I must be something special because every seems to know me. I relish in talking to people in the chat. I'm so busy being social that I collide with half the team and then get stuck on a rock, where I am deleted.

:fish_glass:I am a CV. I complain about the other CV being "OP" because it has more fighters and torpedo bombers. I complain about my team's lack of support because they aren't clustered around me here at the corner of the map. I send my planes to a target and let them immediately return so that everyone on the enemy team knows exactly where I am. The enemy CV sinks me with torpedoes.

:fish_cute_2:I'm a full-health BB. A barely-alive BB of the same type comes around an island and surprises me. Its guns are pointing the wrong way while mine are directed right at it, and it is broadside to me. I immediately turn into it and ram it, thus killing us both.

:Smile_Default:   I am actually a good player in a cruiser. I try my best and lead the team in both kills, caps, and points but it's too no avail. Oh well, at least I didn't lose a star. 

Some pretty blanket statements right there. My go-to Ranked ships have always been BBs and DDs and I always at least try to contribute.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

I am playing ranked; and my team is dump-trucking their way to an early failure. I can't carry the game alone, and when that becomes obvious, someone opens up the door to heaven and pours 5 tons of salt down on me in chat. Or is that 6 someones? Can't tell; salt burns my eyes.

[SALVO]
Members
17,088 posts
17,754 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Snarg, I get that there's a certain degree of sarcasm in this post, so don't take anything I say as being directed at you.

If you're in a DD and you're going to just sit in smoke and shoot BBs, you'd damned well have better killed all of the enemy's DDs already.  Frankly, unless perhaps you're in a Kiev, a DD's job in Ranked should  generally come down to a) killing the enemy's DDs, b) capping, c) spotting for your team, d) trying to torp enemy heavies.  Smoke shooting should probably be one of the last things you do, unless most everything else is under control.

Being social?  What the heck?  My attitude is that if you want to be social, do it in gen chat in-game or here on the forums, or maybe in teamspeak or discord.  If you're in a battle and particularly a Ranked or Clan Battle, you should be paying 100% attention to the battle at hand.

CV player?  If you're in a CV where you feel like the enemy CV is OP because it had more fighters, etc., then maybe you shouldn't be in that CV in the first place!  If you don't think that the Lexington is competitive with the other tier 8 CVs, then why the heck are you playing it in the first place????????

The full health BB being surprised?  Frankly, no BB should ever find itself in that position.  You should know where every BB is on the map.  Not knowing where an enemy DD is on the map is understandable.  Not knowing where the BBs are, not so much.  And if you don't know exactly where one is because of bad spotting by your team, then maybe sitting in a position where you can get ambushed isn't the smart thing to do.  Or perhaps you should throw up a spotter plane to look behind that island.

Anyways, Snarg, if you feel that you can contribute best in a cruiser, more power to you.  In my first Ranked battle earlier this afternoon, there were 3 cruisers per team (2 BB, 3 CA/CL, and 2 DD).  And all of the cruisers were American radar cruisers.  Oh joy.

Sign in to follow this