Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gary_P

Main battery reload booster

16 comments in this topic

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

thoughts or observations?

Last night I played my Henri, Saint Louis and Charles Martel. It unlocks a tremendous amount of DPM for certain. I could not stop giggling as I punished BB's with HE from range..................for 15 seconds anyway. 

My French cruisers have been real battlers and I love playing them, but now they have extremely better teeth in my opinion

Edited by Gary_P

Members
1,779 posts
5,641 battles

Another reason this game has gone down the drain.............Main gun machine guns.

[TDD]
Members
882 posts
7,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Another reason this game has gone down the drain.............Main gun machine guns.

agreed

Members
9,863 posts
42 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

To many gimmicks and too much arcade....It's what old timers have feared since the game began, and it seems WG has decided to go all in.

[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,686 battles

I’m sure WGing is trying something to get folks to play French cruisers... Just wondering, I noticed the La Galissonaire (butchered spelling I’m sure, you know, the tier 6 tech tree one...) picked up the main batt reload booster but the premium tier 6 DeGrasse (think that’s right) didn’t. Wonder why???

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
22 minutes ago, awiggin said:

To many gimmicks and too much arcade...

Agreed, and the sad part is that the old hands have been complaining about this ever since it started. 

(and really @awiggin, another new avatar? You change avatars faster than a chick changes purses! LOL!!)

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
36 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

I’m sure WGing is trying something to get folks to play French cruisers... Just wondering, I noticed the La Galissonaire (butchered spelling I’m sure, you know, the tier 6 tech tree one...) picked up the main batt reload booster but the premium tier 6 DeGrasse (think that’s right) didn’t. Wonder why???

So La Glass(a community nickname) isn't La Garbage(another community nickname) anymore. It's now a more interesting grind through her, in fact, there might even now be a reason to KEEP La Glass.

See, the problem with La Glass before is she was underpowered in most all respects and not a lick interesting. Now she has something to set her apart from the likes of Budyonny, Dallas, and DeGrasse(the latter of course being the French premium Tier VI Cruiser).

Members
9,863 posts
49 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Agreed, and the sad part is that the old hands have been complaining about this ever since it started. 

(and really @awiggin, another new avatar? You change avatars faster than a chick changes purses! LOL!!)

I come across an archaic picture from an old show I like, I change it....nothing sinister...really....:Smile_hiding:

What's really sad is I recently received a windfall that I never expected to see, bought a hot new 4k system that makes the game really look good.... yet I look in the premium shop, and there is nothing worth spending money on........:Smile_sad:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles

Prior to the update, LG is a downgrade from the EB, now with the "booster", LG had the opportunity 15 sec unload the shells however, to have the DPM, the range is between 14km to 8km.

LG armor is not withstand to a brawl like this, her torp, self defense is with in less range and the update is still new, need more battle to adjust the play style to even give more though, at least at the moment still fresh

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

I look in the premium shop, and there is nothing worth spending money on........:Smile_sad:

Ain't it the sad, sad truth!

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
341 posts
6,559 battles

I'm not sure about how the improvements are suppose to change anything. To be more precise, I tried it and though for those 15 second's it is certainly an improvement, it only counts for 3 (or 4) extra volleys within its activation time. A volley every 5.5 seconds for 15 sec. Not gonna turn my nose up to that, but is it really going to improve the amount of playtime those ships get?

I mean, the French line already started with a speed boost and now this... lol I was rather surprised when I looked down at the keyboard to find that "I" key way the heck in the middle of nowhere. My fingers are going to cramp if WG keeps this up.

I personally have no problem with the French line and took them as they were with their own unique features as far as cruisers go. To me, those unique features were being some of the most well-rounded cruisers in the game. The booster seemed like a addition that wasn't really needed. Only reason why I haven't played my French Cruisers that much is because I've been busy grinding all of the other ships up to tier 8. Not saying that the booster is bad (it does nothing more than improve performance), but it certainly doesn't feel like a gamechanger to me.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles

Just wondering when is the best time to hit the booster to maximize output?

Before you shoot

As you shoot

Just after you shoot

Ideally it would start the next time you fire a shot after activating it. I have slow fingers so probably don't get the most out of it either way.

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,420 battles

The reload booster makes Henri really strong. She has always been a good damage dealer over time and can get to position very quickly with speed boost. She is also a great evasive tanker.

The reload booster gives her ability to burst down targets. A BB who just damage controlled? Load HE and put up 2-3 fires. A cruiser who wants to turn in front of you? Load AP and farm citadels just like a Des Moines.

Honestly, I would rather they save this gimmick for the next line of cruisers, e.g. Italian. It is fun but I still feel they make French cruisers a bit overloaded of gimmicks.

Edited by Exciton8964

[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,620 battles
On 8/26/2018 at 6:14 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Just wondering when is the best time to hit the booster to maximize output?

Before you shoot

As you shoot

Just after you shoot

Ideally it would start the next time you fire a shot after activating it. I have slow fingers so probably don't get the most out of it either way.

Start fire(s) and continue normal shooting for 20-30s after damage control used. Hit button immediately after firing.  Light more fires. 

Alternatively, spot cruiser who will be broadside to you. Load AP, hit Booster and start firing. Laugh maniacally as red HP drops like a rock. 

• Funny 1

[LWS]
[LWS]
Members
61 posts
6,693 battles

Main Battery Reload Booster on La Galissonniere allows you to do some "disgusting" things to DDs that happen to blunder under 8km.  For the duration of the consumable you have Worcester's RoF and French Sigma... Destroyer? what destroyer? you mean that sinking wreck? To get the most out of it, activate the booster as you fire or shortly after.

On the heavy cruisers, like the Algerie, the rate of fire increase is not as noticeable,  it is mostly useful for swapping form HE to AP on the fly.   

[TXP]
Members
656 posts
10,272 battles

On the Louis, it helps the next 3 salvos get out faster, but certainly not a deal maker or breaker. My ship starts very few fires though against her tier, compared to Helena, Takao, Dallas against theirs. Single salvoed out of game ( I had 3.4 health) by Buffalo using AP at 13 km. Returned HE against it just before impact for under 5 k damage in return. Reload booster would be no help in these situations.

Edited by Ericson38

Sign in to follow this