Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Minekaze of Mutsuki?

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

Folks, I'm looking to add a tier 5 IJN DD to my port but I cant decide which to get, Minekaze or Mutsuki. I'm kinda leaning toward Mutsuki but only having 2 guns could be a big handicap in a fight with another DD as I well know from driving Monaghan B hull.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

The question could be reframed as: "If I take it the whole way to T10, do I want to finish the grind with Shimakaze or Harugumo?"

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
35 posts

If you take either or , the Japanese DDS have very bad gun systems at any tier upwards of getting the Akizuki. The strong points to these ships are torpedoes . The drawback to that is that you have to be patient at higher theirs and spec into special commander skills to get them up to par. Minekaze was a ruthless DD until it got nerfed into the ground . But if you spec right it has upwards of 35 or so seconds on torpedo reload. I personally never liked the Mutsuki and there is a different setup on her.  2x3 -2 instead of the 2x2-3 on the Minekaze. As Ensign said what do you really want at the end , Dakka dakka or torpedo power .

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

Thanks folks! I don't plan to run the whole line, I'm just interested in a good tier 5 torpedo boat and even with the nerfs that IJN DDs have gotten they're still seem to be good torp shooters.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,361 posts
5,025 battles
22 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Folks, I'm looking to add a tier 5 IJN DD to my port but I cant decide which to get, Minekaze or Mutsuki. I'm kinda leaning toward Mutsuki but only having 2 guns could be a big handicap in a fight with another DD as I well know from driving Monaghan B hull.

I prefer Mutsuki myself, but neither IJN tier 5 DD is particularly great.

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles
On 8/24/2018 at 8:05 PM, ReddNekk said:

To be honest, I feel like Minekaze and Hatsuharu are likely the stronger pair at V/VI. That said, you can earn Shinonome as a freemium and she’s a good all around DD. Fubuki has, on paper, better torps, but she trades a turret and two barrels for them. 

I find the four guns on Minekaze serviceable and the fast reload on the torps is still hilarious, even if they are less potent. (Sobs and hugs Fujin tightly).

Edited by Mahrs

Sign in to follow this