Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

WG confirmed not a bug you decide, is this a play ability issue. Yue Yang/Gearing torp tube durability.

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles

Since I posted the previously unlisted videos I used for the help desk ticket that in my opinion confirm that the module has significant durability issues, I figured I would make a more general post to start a community discussion on this as I feel it effects the experience of the players that have these frustrating situations occur where you lose 50% of your main armament permanently for very little damage received/hits taken (as I know modules can absorb damage to the ship). 

The French BBs for example had the turret module HP doubled to prevent this scenario from being experienced as often.

The clip is from a clan battle.  My build does have TTM3 which does have -50% torp tube durability.  I try to offset this with PM and MBM1.  To note none of my other DDs running the same upgrades and skills do not lose the torpedo tubes even a fraction as often as Gearing and Yue Yang.  I have enough games in all to notice a difference.  My Shima for example takes massive abuse in clan battles with tubes get disabled repeatedly in a single game, but I have yet to lose a single one permanently.  I have several times in Gearing and Yue Yang despite receiving far less damage as I know of this issue with these boats.

Here is the best clip I have showing how fragile the torps are:

From the reverse perspective:

The detailed damage report:

shot-18_07.21_21_54.43-0232.thumb.jpg.642fe18432521e81ac09c02b6678f4b4.jpg

I'm not questioning the handling of the ticket, but interested in the community's opinion on if this is a play ability/quality of life issue?

[BOTES]
Members
121 posts
3,108 battles

I'd say this might have been considered a form of balance, but WG's reasoning on balance on ships as old as Gearing are nebulous at best. Ideally, there would be some sort of parity between all DDs, but we don't exactly have an easy way to compare module health short of datamining.

[P2W]
Members
681 posts

I was wondering why my torps are constantly getting knocked out.

I was racking it up to the gearing being a beast to turn  and my driving which left the tubes exposed longer during my turns.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
57 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Since I posted the previously unlisted videos I used for the help desk ticket that in my opinion confirm that the module has significant durability issues, I figured I would make a more general post to start a community discussion on this as I feel it effects the experience of the players that have these frustrating situations occur where you lose 50% of your main armament permanently for very little damage received/hits taken (as I know modules can absorb damage to the ship). 

The French BBs for example had the turret module HP doubled to prevent this scenario from being experienced as often.

The clip is from a clan battle.  My build does have TTM3 which does have -50% torp tube durability.  I try to offset this with PM and MBM1.  To note none of my other DDs running the same upgrades and skills do not lose the torpedo tubes even a fraction as often as Gearing and Yue Yang.  I have enough games in all to notice a difference.  My Shima for example takes massive abuse in clan battles with tubes get disabled repeatedly in a single game, but I have yet to lose a single one permanently.  I have several times in Gearing and Yue Yang despite receiving far less damage as I know of this issue with these boats.

Here is the best clip I have showing how fragile the torps are:

From the reverse perspective:

The detailed damage report:

shot-18_07.21_21_54.43-0232.thumb.jpg.642fe18432521e81ac09c02b6678f4b4.jpg

I'm not questioning the handling of the ticket, but interested in the community's opinion on if this is a play ability/quality of life issue?

It's a playability issue. It's funny, though, as I'm currently on Farragut,  and I can confirm that though her in-game model is as old as Gearing's, I have yet to see her quad launchers get destroyed ONCE.

Once I reach Mahan, I'll see if I can confirm that Mahan doesn't have this issue either.

Edited by legoboy0401

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,490 battles

You should have made a poll?? 

Beta Testers
1,353 posts

im surprised that all DDs don't have most of their stuff knocked out when they get hit. Torp tubes are not armored not solid in any way or form.. even a DD caliber shell would and should easily knock them out...permanently.  

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles
5 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

im surprised that all DDs don't have most of their stuff knocked out when they get hit. Torp tubes are not armored not solid in any way or form.. even a DD caliber shell would and should easily knock them out...permanently.  

I dont disagree that they should not be temporarily knocked out.  I'd even be ok if it was more prone to being disabled, but took more damage to completely destroy something like a main battery turret or torpedo tube.  Allowances for good plays like repeat hits on a disabled module destroying it should remain.  Really the only change IMO should be that a single salvo should not kill any ships primary armament.  Give a player a chance to repair it, or choose to save their DCP.

Remember however, this is a game and certain allowances should be made for the players sanity.  I remember prior to buffing the turret HP ships like Atlanta were lucky to finish the game with half of their main battery.  Its a major burden when you lose a significant portion of your main armament DPM.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

I was wondering if it was just me. I'm routinely having to play matches with only one torpedo launcher in my Gearing. Fortunately, it's a pretty good gunboat.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
291 posts
7,355 battles

I agree that something should be done to alleviate the problem. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,398 posts
25,183 battles
21 hours ago, DESRON10 said:

I was wondering why my torps are constantly getting knocked out.

I was racking it up to the gearing being a beast to turn  and my driving which left the tubes exposed longer during my turns.

I noticed this in Coop but put it down to the usual bot cheats. 

Sign in to follow this