You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Française Friday - The Best Ship

28 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
784 posts
5,771 battles

Image result for Christine Ribbe marine nationale

*pictured - Capitan Fregate Christine Ribbe, assuming command of the frigate Surcouf on 6/6/2018 in Toulon, France*

Of all of the warships available to the French fleet, which one has the best service record for you?

The French line features versatile cruisers armed with both guns and torpedoes, while the battleships have powerful guns paired with armor and speed.

There are also premium vessels, including a powerful destroyer, that offer unique traits and characteristics helpful for the team.

When it comes to your Marine Nationale, which ship gets the "Bateau d'Or" (Golden Ship award)?

"Of the love or hatred God has for the English, I know nothing, but I do know that they will all be thrown out of France, except those who die there." - Joan D'Arc

#frenchfridays

#anchorsaweigh

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Richelieu has always treated me the best when compared to Nagato and Iowa.

Richelieu.png

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles

Normandie, but that's possibly because I'm not yet really familiar with Lyon. Also, pretty Ocean Liner camo.

• Cool 2

[-AGW-]
Members
635 posts
9,306 battles

Emile Bertain. It's a citadel printing AP machine against other cruisers, even uptiered and an unholy terror to red DDs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles

october revolution,it's the "second" most powerful tier5 ship,with the best tier5 BB armor if used well,the guns hit good and are not a shotgun.

[PVE]
Members
496 posts
4,075 battles

De Grasse, not only because it is my only French ship with a respectable number of games played. :Smile_facepalm:

But it is a very comfortable ship to play and it uptiers rather well to boot.

• Cool 1

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,122 battles

The only French BB that hasn't worked for me is the Republique.  The Alsace has the mojo though...

image.thumb.png.f576b5a0eeb508339701e85b5560b07f.png

Edited by driedjello
  • Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,831 battles

Both the Republique and the Lyon.  Two great ships, both assets to the game. Lets add a real female captain to the game: Capitan Fregate Christine Ribbe

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

De Grasse is my favorite to play. Fast, maneuverable, effective HE and AP, long range torps to make people think you have DD support when you don't.  It also doesn't do too badly when bottom tier.

Algérie is another fun ship, especially with the gun setup.  I need to play it more, but alway keep an eye on them when I see them on the red team.

Just getting into the BB line, but so far very much liking the Normandie and finally giving the Gascogne runs in Randoms.  Gotta love the speed boost and quick heal :)

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles

Pre-nerf Alsace was awesome, I haven't played it in its current iteration.  My favorite is the Republique though, I like the fast reload and how punchy and (generally) accurate the guns are.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
615 posts
7,709 battles
13 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Pre-nerf Alsace was awesome, I haven't played it in its current iteration.  My favorite is the Republique though, I like the fast reload and how punchy and (generally) accurate the guns are.

Speaking of reloads, anyone else waiting for Jean Bart? :)

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Overall, Dunkerque, Normandie, Lyon, Richelieu, I assume Alsace and potentially Republique all feel great and dangerous. I feel like I have noticed less Alsace's lately though compared to when the line began.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,176 posts
3,867 battles

Looking at my play history, the answer can only be one thing.

• Cool 1

Members
332 posts
3,391 battles

Duguay, Emile, and my recently acquired Algerie, which is taking the place of my Pensacola as my tier VII CA of choice.

• Cool 1

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,122 battles
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

I can absolutely relate to what you're saying!

Members
287 posts
4,300 battles

LaGal is the French ship that I play best in.  My best French win rate is in Aigle, though it cannot be due to me as I suck with that ship.   :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles

J’aime la Gal, she flings gasoline soaked baguettes. Like Aigle for the ops and Dunk before she got power crept.

Vive la France!

• Cool 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

If I was going to pick one French ship as my all time favorite French ship, De Grasse is it. She's pretty robust, has great maneuverability, her guns are very accurate and hard hitting, and her her torpedoes are decent. Honorable mentions to Dunkerque, Emil Bertin, and Henri IV.

2 hours ago, 1dennistt said:

Duguay, Emile, and my recently acquired Algerie, which is taking the place of my Pensacola as my tier VII CA of choice.

Pensacola's a tier VI nowadays pard.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,372 posts
7,951 battles

Dun - all my guns are forward, it's fast, and I'm an aggressive player. It could only be better if it had main lines secondaries of insanity as you go up. Really want Rich (Normadie and Lyon have been massive struggles for some reason), Though currently tossed on getting Gascogne (could use an extra French trainer that's higher tier,pretty sure I have a camo for it) or Mass (Much as I have AZ, Ark Beta, and Indy - it's a USN brawler more or less)

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Oof, tough one, this is a really close race for me. I think Dunkerque wins out overall, but Richelieu, La Galissoniere, and Algerie are all great fun in varying degrees to me. I haven't had Gascogne long, but she's treated me right so far. I feel a song coming on~!

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Dunk is still great IMO...but I like the Republic when I feel like putting up with Tier X, LOL. I also like the Martel as far a cruisers go. 

• Cool 1