You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

fears of tier 10 ranked battles

28 comments in this topic

[-BSS-]
Members
385 posts
5,912 battles

The best way to defeat a Worcester is to not be afraid and go straight at it the closer you get the greater your advantage 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles
Just now, Visidious said:

The best way to defeat a Worcester is to not be afraid and go straight at it the closer you get the greater your advantage 

Pretty much this, you fight the Worcester like you would an Atlanta, close and destroy.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

The sad thing is I just purchased the Gearing last night before getting off. Haven’t even had time to play it yet. Hopefully it’ll work decently in ranked though... I just don’t like knowing if I spot a Worcester that I’ll be radar’d immediately. 

Made the Fletcher work so I’m sure I’ll make this work too.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles

If bbs get to close to Woosters you will start to get a lot of over pens and no real damage.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

I don't sweat the Woosta, I generally delete them fairly quickly as long as they aren't hiding behind some Island, and even then I just put up my plane and get some range and send them on to port. my new thing is smacking them with my Haragumo from range. 

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles
9 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

The sad thing is I just purchased the Gearing last night before getting off. Haven’t even had time to play it yet. Hopefully it’ll work decently in ranked though... I just don’t like knowing if I spot a Worcester that I’ll be radar’d immediately. 

Same. 

Except not last night. I’ve only had enough time to play like 11 or 12 battles in it. And as my stats show... it hasn’t been going too well.

oh well. At least it’s not CW (actual comptetitive). 

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles

ok, feeling better.  Do you think UK DDs will show up in the middle of ranked (mid to late September)?

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,607 posts
8,799 battles
22 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

ok, feeling better.  Do you think UK DDs will show up in the middle of ranked (mid to late September)?

Next patch I would think so end of September 

• Cool 1

Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles

I am less concerned with the selection of ships at tier 10 than the fact that tier 10 means that quite a few players (including me) that don't have tier 10s aren't going to be able to advance up the ranks, TBH.

That, and the rather stagnant of it all. At least tier 6 had a much more fluid meta.

• Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,589 battles

Maybe you should be more worried about getting enough people together to play a Rank Battle.

Because if you look at the numbers that WG post for the participation of players in Rank the population is going down. 

I know I will be playing Less Rank this season due to having both Rank ships and being fed up with the Rank structure, stress and salt. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,679 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Hey, whatever gets you off I guess....kind weird, but I'm not here to judge.

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,624 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

If bbs get to close to Woosters you will start to get a lot of over pens and no real damage.

IFHE for the win??:cap_haloween:

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,583 battles
47 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Next patch I would think so end of September 

No, it will be much later than that since you can get early access to some from special crates that will be available from 0.7.9 (mid-September). October would be the earliest.

I'm not finding the Worcesters that much of an issue. Radar spam is annoying but I've been dealing with it in randoms and clan battles; hardly anything new. The issue with the T10 ranked is the same as it was last season, Conquerors spamming HE and farming damage without making much impact on the course of the battle, hoping to be carried, and if they don't they get to keep a star. 

I also encountered a Stalingrad in one of my matches. Remember how people hated T7 ranked because of Belfast. Well Stalingrad has the potential to be the Belfast of T10, so much for having competitive at T10 since you could only use tech tree ships. The bigger issue (in general, not just in ranked) is that Stalingrad is also only going to be exclusive to elite players for quite some time. If said elite players use it in ranked and clan wars they have the potential of dominating and locking other players out from earning the required steel. I understand that it needs to be good to be worth the effort put in to earn it, but having it at T10, which appears to now be the tier for competitive, has just given already very good players a tool to better dominate the competitive game modes.  

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
2 hours ago, Visidious said:

Unless you are any DD

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

Unless you are any DD

I have my opinions on Worcester and Minotaur.  If those are prevalent I'm rolling my Shima this season.

Hurricane teams struggled with those boats to touch me.  I guess you can say I am going to play like an active scout in WoT....

No way to find out if it works other than try it out LOL.

@RedSeaBear I did not expect so much steel to be given away at ranked.  It might provide some additional incentive, but I agree less people want to play the mode.  In my opinion a lot comes down to the system allowing people to fail their way to rank 1 rather than get there on their general performance.

Beta Testers
2,822 posts
3,977 battles
17 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

No, it will be much later than that since you can get early access to some from special crates that will be available from 0.7.9 (mid-September). October would be the earliest.

ah the royal navy arc, just like the french arc.

the current design of the RN dds looks pretty ok,now they they hardly lose speed,it's pretty good.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
41 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

If said elite players use it in ranked and clan wars they have the potential of dominating and locking other players out from earning the required steel.

Aren't they more or less locked into higher leagues anyway because of their previous successes?

[P2W]
Members
686 posts
3 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Too many damn Woosters!

My Salem will be taking them down once I get off this phone call. I have been practicing in randoms with it and they are not a problem.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
554 posts
5,100 battles
2 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

I would hope not, but seeing as the ranked season lasts 1 month and 14 days we might see them.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,583 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Aren't they more or less locked into higher leagues anyway because of their previous successes?

I can't recall, if a clan finished in a higher league the previous season can it start the next season in a higher league/group?

At the very least for ranked, this is not necessarily the case. Those that ranked out the previous season start at Rank 13, I stopped playing at Rank 9 last season so started this season at Rank 16. One Tier 8 win and I'm at Tier 15, where I've already encountered some of those that got to Rank 1 last season. Same with clan battles where clans in different leagues can be fighting each other. In addition, those two sets of players are only separated out only if they both choose to start playing competitive modes at the same time and progress at the pace. 

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,607 posts
8,799 battles
1 hour ago, Noble_Taipan said:

I'm not finding the Worcesters that much of an issue. Radar spam is annoying but I've been dealing with it in randoms and clan battles; hardly anything new. The issue with the T10 ranked is the same as it was last season, Conquerors spamming HE and farming damage without making much impact on the course of the battle, hoping to be carried, and if they don't they get to keep a star. 

I also encountered a Stalingrad in one of my matches. Remember how people hated T7 ranked because of Belfast. Well Stalingrad has the potential to be the Belfast of T10, so much for having competitive at T10 since you could only use tech tree ships. The bigger issue (in general, not just in ranked) is that Stalingrad is also only going to be exclusive to elite players for quite some time. If said elite players use it in ranked and clan wars they have the potential of dominating and locking other players out from earning the required steel. I understand that it needs to be good to be worth the effort put in to earn it, but having it at T10, which appears to now be the tier for competitive, has just given already very good players a tool to better dominate the competitive game modes.  

Odd since the dev blog said RN DDs in 7.9 

“Starting with update 0.7.9 there is a new event in the game – “Royal Navy” - which was timed to the release of British destroyers. The event will last for 3 updates untill 0.7.11.”

the wording later is odd I see were you. Get the creates thing...

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,583 battles
4 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

“Starting with update 0.7.9 there is a new event in the game – “Royal Navy” - which was timed to the release of British destroyers. The event will last for 3 updates untill 0.7.11.”

Possible translation issue resulting in ambiguity. I expect that the the DDs will be released at some point during the 'Royal Navy' event, but seeing as you can get early access to the Tier 5-8 DDs through crates, I assumed they wouldn't be formally released in the next patch.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
30 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

I can't recall, if a clan finished in a higher league the previous season can it start the next season in a higher league/group?

At the very least for ranked, this is not necessarily the case. Those that ranked out the previous season start at Rank 13, I stopped playing at Rank 9 last season so started this season at Rank 16. One Tier 8 win and I'm at Tier 15, where I've already encountered some of those that got to Rank 1 last season. Same with clan battles where clans in different leagues can be fighting each other. In addition, those two sets of players are only separated out only if they both choose to start playing competitive modes at the same time and progress at the pace. 

Thanks for the clarification.