Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Politx_killer

Have a NA account, downloaded steam client wouldnt let me use existing account

6 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
170 battles

Downloaded the game on my steam account. Couldnt figure out how to use my existing NA account on it. Please help me. 

Cheers for the Loard of Luck™

Nvm just read the FAQ. Fix your stuff WG. How the hell do you not advertise this before i expended 24 gig of my data limit.(yeah in Australia we have limits by our ISP on data) BIG BOLD LETTERS EXPLAINING SUCH THINGS IS USEFUL. So the steam client is basically useless because of some [edited] WG will spew out. Well played.

Edited by Politx_killer
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

Heres the guide I used to play on Steam with my Wargaming account.

1. dl the STEAM World of warships client. http://store.steampowered.com/app/552990/

2. run the application once, when you get to the login screen...DO NOTHING! exit the application completely by hitting the little "X" in the top right hand corner of the window.

3. go to your WoWs folder in STEAM.  Example: local disk (C:)>Program Files (x86)>STEAM>steamapps>common>World of Warships

4. In that folder, there will be an application  extension file that should be called "steam_api.dll". Right click on that file, click "rename", and put a "2" in front of the name (2steam_api.dll) press "enter. You can change it to any name you want basically

5. Close folder. Restart your game from STEAM. And now you should have the option to log in with your existing account.

However, because you are just using the Steam client for your existing account, you will not get any Steam offers or bonuses.

• Funny 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
19 minutes ago, Politx_killer said:

You sir are a champion. Why this isn't in the faq....

Well, Wargaming wants to promote their GameCenter for existing accounts and attract new Steam players. Sadly or not this is their policy. 

Sign in to follow this