You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

The New Season of Ranked... Good Luck Everyone

13 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,192 posts
10,473 battles

We all know Ranked is a salt grinder fest.  So I wanted to Wish Everyone Good Luck with Ranked and Hope for the Best for Everyone who gives it a go.

goodluck.jpg.d0b0a4a52865fb435f305be3c1cee4a8.jpg

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Fair wins and swallowing sea salt. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Funny 1

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Ranked,  will suck, like every other ranked season, just 7 on 7  version of the standard battle, full of  fully incompetent players all trying to figure out how to put the Square peg in a triangle Hole.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,858 posts
3,984 battles

I don't have that far to climb before I hit Rank 15 and the Tier 10 wall, but I hope I enjoy what I can.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,793 posts
13,617 battles

Guess who doesn't care about Rank any more? 

I have my Rank Ships and this terrible game mode can go die like Team Battles Before it. 

Tired to tell WG the problems Ranks has but the don't listen. 

And with less people playing Rank each season, I'm not alone. 

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,898 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

Guess who doesn't care about Rank any more? 

I have my Rank Ships and this terrible game mode can go die like Team Battles Before it. 

Tired to tell WG the problems Ranks has but the don't listen. 

And with less people playing Rank each season, I'm not alone. 

In other news @RedSeaBear Got a Solo Warrior yesterday is the Cossak.

Sadly it did not count but He got us the win :)

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,793 posts
13,617 battles
4 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

In other news @RedSeaBear Got a Solo Warrior yesterday is the Cossak.

Sadly it did not count but He got us the win :)

I'm still in shock that I survived 3 banks of Shima torps at point blank range. 

:cap_wander_2:

[-GPS-]
Members
98 posts
7,072 battles

Good luck guys, I will do my best to keep the salt down, but if it flies from me in concentrated streams apologies in advance! 

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,898 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I'm still in shock that I survived 3 banks of Shima torps at point blank range. 

:cap_wander_2:

Skillz!! :cap_cool:

[SEC_8]
Members
135 posts
3,068 battles

I am a pure DD player.  I am going into this season knowing that the "do the most damage to keep your star on the losing team" favors cruisers (particularly the Hindy).  

So I am going to try to keep these things in mind:

1.  Realize you probably won't make it to rank 1 as a pure dd player.  The system doesn't take into account spotting, capping, etc that is essential to team play for dd's.   DAMAGE DONE IS THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS if you're on the losing team.

2.  Use ranked as a way to make credits and improve your game.  If you need to level a tier VIII, then low ranked play is the best way to do this, as you will never be uptiered.  At tier 10, ranked is a really good way to grind credits and Captain XP.

3.  Do the best you can, but realize your only as good as your team.  If your team sucks, most of the time your going to lose NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU PLAY.  Don't be part of the problem, but don't burst a blood vessel yelling at your 'team-mates'... 

4.  If you find yourself reading toxic chat constantly, there is a mod for that.  Aslain's has a mod that can disable chat entirely, or filter profanity.  Highly recommended as the salt is real during ranked.   Also realize that other people may have chat turned off and use the ingame system to help people go the correct way by doing the "capture this point" or "retreat" or "I need your assistance" and "roger" or "denied" etc...

5. (And most important for a dd player) DO NOT GO IN TO THE CAP UNTIL IT IS CLEAR.  With the prevalence of radar, I don't care who complains or down marks my karma, I am not going into a cap that isn't already clear OR if I don't have cruiser support handy.  It is MUCH worse to lose my ship then to not get an early cap.

[SOB]
Members
42 posts
2,885 battles
8 hours ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Ranked,  will suck, like every other ranked season, just 7 on 7  version of the standard battle, full of  fully incompetent players all trying to figure out how to put the Square peg in a triangle Hole.

Good thing you were never like that!