Sign in to follow this  

5 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,407 battles

Similar to my Myogi review last year - a lot of people don't like this ship. I'll admit it's not OP, and I even had a rough start... but I've come to enjoy her a lot.

Enjoy or don't enjoy :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles

Nice games Piko, but why do you always pick the ones I potato in?

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
311 posts
4,568 battles

Recently I've not been doing all that well in my Monarch, though I've put that down to the state of tier 8 play atm. This ship does not up tier well and if you find yourself (as I have of late) in games where 75% of the players are tier Xs you are going to find it tough going. 

That said overall she is a good ship and when you combine the troll level concealment with her AP shells she is perfect for blatting cruisers and sleepy BB drivers off the face of the map. 

Members
1,512 posts
7,967 battles

Hey

Monarch is one of those ship that just doesn't live up to it's tier and is overall very meh.  There has been a few good game but most are very vanilla.  Too bad she doesn't have a bit more range and deals better damage with AP, and her HE performance is low compared to the other RN BB's that are before and after her.  Sure she has good concealment but it does little good if your guns are meh to begin with.  Not a overly bad boat, but not good either.  I would much rather sail my Bismarck, Tirpitz or my Gascogne, Richelieu, Alabama, and it's on par with the Kii for me (another ship I really don't care much for being a disappointment).

Pete

[SOA]
Alpha Tester
557 posts
2,486 battles

Monarch seems to at least have AP that actually works some of the time, so I already like it better than its predecessor. Gonna be a long haul to Lion, though.

--Helms

Sign in to follow this