Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Weekend Sale

72 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,067
[WOLF3]
Members
5,866 posts
2,191 battles

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.27b42c3fc3966085cb526119d6cdfa4b.png

 

I have finally figured out how WeeGee sets their weekend sales.  They watch what I spend Doubloons and $$ for during the week, then put that stuff on sale.

It's devious and foolproof.  If I don't spend, nothing will go on sale.  Anyone familiar with Euthyphro's Dilemma? 

 

WARNING:  The 1:35/Db sale is for converting Elite Commander XP to FXP, not for converting Elite Ship XP.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[NGA-B]
Members
1,187 posts
7,584 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I have finally figured out how WeeGee sets their weekend sales.  They watch what I spend Doubloons and $$ for during the week, then put that stuff on sale.

It's devious and foolproof.  If I don't spend, nothing will go on sale.  Anyone familiar with Euthyphro's Dilemma? 

I think it's time we call the nice people with the little white van.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,746
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,289 posts
3,600 battles

Finally time to lose $100 and convert less than 1/3rd of my free xp.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,004
[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,724 battles

Thank God for a captain retraining sale... Against all advice and like an idiot, I took evasive maneuvers for one of my carrier captains. What a useless skill. It will be nice to be able to fix my stupidity cheaply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
298 posts
6 battles
7 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Finally time to lose $100 and convert less than 1/3rd of my free xp.

don't be fooled, "elite XP" is commander XP, not ship XP. They want you to convert elite commander XP to free XP... what a deal, right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,067
[WOLF3]
Members
5,866 posts
2,191 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Against all advice and like an idiot

Oh yeah.  You get to benefit.  I had to pay full price for my stupidity.  It's not fair, I tell you!  :Smile_ohmy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,067
[WOLF3]
Members
5,866 posts
2,191 battles
1 minute ago, pinkship9001 said:

don't be fooled, "elite XP" is commander XP, not ship XP. They want you to convert elite commander XP to free XP... what a deal, right?

Hang on.  I've got a call in to the funny farm...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[VW]
Members
1,813 posts
12,264 battles
35 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.27b42c3fc3966085cb526119d6cdfa4b.png

It's devious and foolproof.  If I don't spend, nothing will go on sale.  Anyone familiar with Euthyphro's Dilemma? 

 

 

The stat monkeys call it confirmation bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,067
[WOLF3]
Members
5,866 posts
2,191 battles

That's monkeys, right?  Not a very powerful appeal to authority, there, loup.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,746
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,289 posts
3,600 battles
15 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

don't be fooled, "elite XP" is commander XP, not ship XP. They want you to convert elite commander XP to free XP... what a deal, right?

Elite XP to me is this:

shot-18_08.24_02_01.54-0621.thumb.jpg.bf109998d55b66298f4f6a4732c63fdb.jpg

Reckon we'll find our in like 3 to 4 hours or whenever it starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
852 posts
3,365 battles
44 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.27b42c3fc3966085cb526119d6cdfa4b.png

 

I have finally figured out how WeeGee sets their weekend sales.  They watch what I spend Doubloons and $$ for during the week, then put that stuff on sale.

It's devious and foolproof.  If I don't spend, nothing will go on sale.  Anyone familiar with Euthyphro's Dilemma? 

 

 

so true. Also seems to happen a couple of days after major content additions when people blow a lot of their money on the shiny new things. It's a pretty rip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
298 posts
6 battles
27 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Elite XP to me is this:

shot-18_08.24_02_01.54-0621.thumb.jpg.bf109998d55b66298f4f6a4732c63fdb.jpg

Reckon we'll find our in like 3 to 4 hours or whenever it starts.

Maybe, but I could have sworn this issue came up before and  "elite XP" really meant commander XP. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[NGA-B]
Members
1,187 posts
7,584 battles
5 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Maybe, but I could have sworn this issue came up before and  "elite XP" really meant commander XP. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I think they've referred to it as elite commander xp since then to avoid confusion (and to cover their posteriors since that one mishap). But we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,178 battles
43 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Maybe, but I could have sworn this issue came up before and  "elite XP" really meant commander XP. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Elite XP is ship based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,616 battles
3 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Finally time to lose $100 and convert less than 1/3rd of my free xp.

Don't do it.I confirm EliteXP is XP for commanders!

The offer means you pay less to exchange commander XP to free XP!!!!!!!

sPac8r4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[NOBS]
Members
466 posts
5,338 battles
5 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Don't do it.I confirm EliteXP is XP for commanders!

sPac8r4.jpg

I think you are wrong, because it's doesn't cost anything to convert elite commander xp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,616 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I think you are wrong, because it's doesn't cost anything to convert elite commander xp

Nope I'm right

M7fApvR.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

Yeah, whenever you see the word "Elite" when referring to XP, it's always Commander XP they're talking about.

Elite XP to FXP  <-- and that is never a good deal converting to doubloons, unless every one of your commanders is at 19 pts. 

XP to FXP those are the only way conversions work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[NOBS]
Members
466 posts
5,338 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Nope I'm right

M7fApvR.jpg

 

Why would anyone convert commander XP into regular XP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,616 battles
Just now, Capt_h2o said:

Why would anyone convert commander XP into regular XP?

I don't know. But some may be tempted by the offer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,004
[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,724 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Why would anyone convert commander XP into regular XP?

Yeah is a head scratcher for me as well. Course so is the "doubloons for credits" but what can you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,746
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,289 posts
3,600 battles
8 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Nope I'm right

Havent bought the doubloons yet but I still hope the lesser canine is wrong. So does Mama Reinhardt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[NOBS]
Members
466 posts
5,338 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah is a head scratcher for me as well. Course so is the "doubloons for credits" but what can you say?

I can see having to buy credits if you don't want to put in the time and work, but why convert commander XP when you can convert ship XP makes zero sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,616 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

Havent bought the doubloons yet but I still hope the lesser canine is wrong. So does Mama Reinhardt.

 

Sure I'm right ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×