Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Thought Police In Action

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

501
[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,805 battles

Hi 

The other day the WG vid came out so had a look at it , so I wrote a comment in it saying I enjoyed but i felt the topless model was a bit over the top.

So leave the news page go to forum read a few posts maybe 5 minutes or more so then I go back and it has been deleted.

Censorship gone mad  I said i acknowledge that for the most it was good and liked it and yet BIG BROTHER comes in just for 1 section of my comment and erases it.

At the time i did not wont to go into long winded comment on the vid just short and sweet.

So i will here  it has great production values, great choreography and visual effects. 

The topless model was not needed had she worn a bikini top 1940's  it would have been great.

So lets have a look at this thing in prospective while I'm at it, did WG think when they thought up this whole idea did they once think about the  the SMALL but Equally important FEMALE group of players on WOWS MIGHT react this  VID  and its contents .

The topless model in the VID is your typical MODERN  80's 90's 2000 and beyond stereotype cliche and have put her in a 1940's setting  wrong time frame WG.

I would not even have written this post had my comment been not deleted but it seems there are lot of people running around here with copies of George Orwell's  novel 1984.

For those you unfamiliar with this book it was a ground breaking novel written in 1948 about a futuristic society ruled by a totalitarian state that controls there every word and thoughts through BIG BROTHER  and other varieties of control including  the systematic removal of words from the Dictionary that the STATE feels are UNWORDS or NONWORDS that can harm the STATE.

The movie was made in 1984 starring  2 late great actors Richard Burton and John Hurt and considered a masterpiece of cinema.

but i digress   

 I guess i wrote NONWORDS in my comments of the VID  section and hence they have come down on me.

Oh well wonder how long this post will last before being closed or just removed and receive a warning from the powers that be.

regards

Citizen TM63au

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,489
[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

The topless model was not needed had she worn a bikini top 1940's  it would have been great.

Actually, considering the number of topless figures adorning the noses of WWII planes, she fits right in. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,805 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Actually, considering the number of topless figures adorning the noses of WWII planes, she fits right in. 

fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,977
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles

I have a feeling this thread is going the way of your comment on the article. And, honestly, I feel this thread, if allowed to continue, is going to end up in a not good place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,805 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I have a feeling this thread is going the way of your comment on the article. And, honestly, I feel this thread, if allowed to continue, is going to end up in a not good place.

If i said something really bad about the VID in my comment on the news page that warranted removal I can understand  but i did not and there was  a few other harmless comments by other members removed as well, I find it very frustrating that can you not say the slightest thing here because it may upset them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,760 battles

Wargaming has been touchy lately.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,042
[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles

Wargaming does not like criticism even warranted criticism. Personally the girls were the only nice thing about the video, never cared for song and dance routines. I also found the fake covers (ie sailor's white hat) too distracting. Something about a cheap imitation that just annoys me.  Luckily the pretty girls drew my eye away from such a glaring annoyance. BTW I thought the topless girl was a tad distasteful as well. A bikini top would have accomplished the same thing. Wargaming has a tendency to be garish and uncouth. Just look at the permanent camos they offered..

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,805 battles

I had no problem with everything but the topless girl it was just overkill and that's all i said in the comment section and that got the comment erased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
587
[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
44 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Hi 

The other day the WG vid came out so had a look at it , so I wrote a comment in it saying I enjoyed but i felt the topless model was a bit over the top.

So leave the news page go to forum read a few posts maybe 5 minutes or more so then I go back and it has been deleted.

Censorship gone mad  I said i acknowledge that for the most it was good and liked it and yet BIG BROTHER comes in just for 1 section of my comment and erases it.

At the time i did not wont to go into long winded comment on the vid just short and sweet.

So i will here  it has great production values, great choreography and visual effects. 

The topless model was not needed had she worn a bikini top 1940's  it would have been great.

So lets have a look at this thing in prospective while I'm at it, did WG think when they thought up this whole idea did they once think about the  the SMALL but Equally important FEMALE group of players on WOWS MIGHT react this  VID  and its contents .

The topless model in the VID is your typical MODERN  80's 90's 2000 and beyond stereotype cliche and have put her in a 1940's setting  wrong time frame WG.

I would not even have written this post had my comment been not deleted but it seems there are lot of people running around here with copies of George Orwell's  novel 1984.

For those you unfamiliar with this book it was a ground breaking novel written in 1948 about a futuristic society ruled by a totalitarian state that controls there every word and thoughts through BIG BROTHER  and other varieties of control including  the systematic removal of words from the Dictionary that the STATE feels are UNWORDS or NONWORDS that can harm the STATE.

The movie was made in 1984 starring  2 late great actors Richard Burton and John Hurt and considered a masterpiece of cinema.

but i digress   

 I guess i wrote NONWORDS in my comments of the VID  section and hence they have come down on me.

Oh well wonder how long this post will last before being closed or just removed and receive a warning from the powers that be.

regards

Citizen TM63au

 

 

 

Your absolutely right but ... there vid.. there forum... there rules

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,042
[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles

Just an aside, Wargaming asked that we share that video with friends and family.... After watching it I thought, no. No need to show my children that and my wife would probably give me a smack. My friends of the male persuasion may like the content for the girls but question why I am watching dance numbers...... My female friends would call me a dirty pig for ogling scantily clad women... Gonna not share that video with anyone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,528 posts
6,683 battles
23 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I had no problem with everything but the topless girl it was just overkill and that's all i said in the comment section and that got the comment erased. 

WG is not governed by the same rules it applies to its own community, so they can publish explicit innuendo (which is sort of an oxymoron) and material, but we cannot. It is the way of the world, we are WGs guests, or to put it another way, we are the farmyard animals, and WG manages the farm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,042
[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
2 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

WG is not governed by the same rules it applies to its own community, so they can publish explicit innuendo (which is sort of an oxymoron) and material, but we cannot. It is the way of the world, we are WGs guests, or to put it another way, we are the farmyard animals, and WG manages the farm.

And some animals are more equal than others..... "Animal Farm" is a movie that should be on the television at least once a day until the entire planet has seen it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
560 posts
5,112 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Hi 

The other day the WG vid came out so had a look at it , so I wrote a comment in it saying I enjoyed but i felt the topless model was a bit over the top.

So leave the news page go to forum read a few posts maybe 5 minutes or more so then I go back and it has been deleted.

Censorship gone mad  I said i acknowledge that for the most it was good and liked it and yet BIG BROTHER comes in just for 1 section of my comment and erases it.

At the time i did not wont to go into long winded comment on the vid just short and sweet.

So i will here  it has great production values, great choreography and visual effects. 

The topless model was not needed had she worn a bikini top 1940's  it would have been great.

So lets have a look at this thing in prospective while I'm at it, did WG think when they thought up this whole idea did they once think about the  the SMALL but Equally important FEMALE group of players on WOWS MIGHT react this  VID  and its contents .

The topless model in the VID is your typical MODERN  80's 90's 2000 and beyond stereotype cliche and have put her in a 1940's setting  wrong time frame WG.

I would not even have written this post had my comment been not deleted but it seems there are lot of people running around here with copies of George Orwell's  novel 1984.

For those you unfamiliar with this book it was a ground breaking novel written in 1948 about a futuristic society ruled by a totalitarian state that controls there every word and thoughts through BIG BROTHER  and other varieties of control including  the systematic removal of words from the Dictionary that the STATE feels are UNWORDS or NONWORDS that can harm the STATE.

The movie was made in 1984 starring  2 late great actors Richard Burton and John Hurt and considered a masterpiece of cinema.

but i digress   

 I guess i wrote NONWORDS in my comments of the VID  section and hence they have come down on me.

Oh well wonder how long this post will last before being closed or just removed and receive a warning from the powers that be.

regards

Citizen TM63au

 

 

 

So you made a comment on a WG WoWS vid and come and complain about it on the WG WoWS forums? Makes total sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,042
[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
18 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

So you made a comment on a WG WoWS vid and come and complain about it on the WG WoWS forums? Makes total sense.

Yeah how absurd to come to the WoWS forum to comment on WoWS material......... I mean imagine the nerve to utilize a forum for the purpose for which it was designed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
560 posts
5,112 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah how absurd to come to the WoWS forum to comment on WoWS material......... I mean imagine the nerve to utilize a forum for the purpose for which it was designed...

Yea, considering with a video that someone such as WG  publishes on Youtube are able to censor whatever comments they want regardless if we agree with or not. It is their content, so it makes no logical sense why you would come and complain about it. People such as Flamu, Flambass, Jingles, or any other youtubers can do the exact same, but do you see anyone complaining about that, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

I for one did not see anything wrong with the bare back lady signaling planes to land. Now for  the camera, you don't see a bare chested lady, just her naked back. Therefor there is no evidence she was top-less to begin with (could've been good CGI greend screen magic).

Now If I start to complain about the bare back lady, then for the argument of gender equality. Where are my bare back Russian Men ? Oh Putin Where are you?

image.thumb.png.6b1580012e6ac91e83af431712814dfd.png

^^^^^ There he is, with a little CGI he could've made it in the video.

In all seriousness guys, the video was flirty but fun in the spirit of the times of the 40s. No harm, no foul.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,528 posts
6,683 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I for one did not see anything wrong with the bare back lady signaling planes to land. Now for  the camera, you don't see a bare chested lady, just her naked back. Therefor there is no evidence she was top-less to begin with (could've been good CGI greend screen magic).

Now If I start to complain about the bare back lady, then for the argument of gender equality. Where are my bare back Russian Men ? Oh Putin Where are you?

image.thumb.png.6b1580012e6ac91e83af431712814dfd.png

^^^^^ There he is, with a little CGI he could've made it in the video.

In all seriousness guys, the video was flirty but fun in the spirit of the times of the 40s. No harm, no foul.

I agree with this argument, from a devil's advocate point of view. If WG wants to objectify, it should offer us a choice of genders to sit back and admire. I'll stop here, ..

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
0 posts

In the past the threads got locked and moved to the lock threads area where people (if they so choose) could still read them.

The "NEW" trend I have noticed is that they simply delete threads now. qLTHVNJ.gif

 

Maybe someday someone will do the same thing to those deleting posts?!? Karma is a [edited]!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,027 posts
512 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:
Spoiler

 

Hi 

The other day the WG vid came out so had a look at it , so I wrote a comment in it saying I enjoyed but i felt the topless model was a bit over the top.

So leave the news page go to forum read a few posts maybe 5 minutes or more so then I go back and it has been deleted.

Censorship gone mad  I said i acknowledge that for the most it was good and liked it and yet BIG BROTHER comes in just for 1 section of my comment and erases it.

At the time i did not wont to go into long winded comment on the vid just short and sweet.

So i will here  it has great production values, great choreography and visual effects. 

The topless model was not needed had she worn a bikini top 1940's  it would have been great.

So lets have a look at this thing in prospective while I'm at it, did WG think when they thought up this whole idea did they once think about the  the SMALL but Equally important FEMALE group of players on WOWS MIGHT react this  VID  and its contents .

The topless model in the VID is your typical MODERN  80's 90's 2000 and beyond stereotype cliche and have put her in a 1940's setting  wrong time frame WG.

I would not even have written this post had my comment been not deleted but it seems there are lot of people running around here with copies of George Orwell's  novel 1984.

For those you unfamiliar with this book it was a ground breaking novel written in 1948 about a futuristic society ruled by a totalitarian state that controls there every word and thoughts through BIG BROTHER  and other varieties of control including  the systematic removal of words from the Dictionary that the STATE feels are UNWORDS or NONWORDS that can harm the STATE.

The movie was made in 1984 starring  2 late great actors Richard Burton and John Hurt and considered a masterpiece of cinema.

but i digress   

 I guess i wrote NONWORDS in my comments of the VID  section and hence they have come down on me.

Oh well wonder how long this post will last before being closed or just removed and receive a warning from the powers that be.

regards

Citizen TM63au

 

 

Sorry, but I have to warn you for this topic. Please next time create a support ticket for such questions or ask me via PM. At least there will be no violation of the Forum Rules.  
The second thing is that I don't see your posts in the news topics. I've checked. We don't delete posts only hide them to have visible reasons (for us) of violations. So if there is no any posts, there is an issue or you didn't post them. 
Yes we do have the Rules and everybody have to respect this fact. And take them into account when trying to post anything on the forum. 
Thank you for your feedback about the video, we'll take it into account in future works, but even so we did not fully comply with the style and allowed ourselves small variations. We understand that not everyone can love it. I think it's normal. 
Regards. Thank you for your reply. I need to lock this topic. You are welcome to continue discussion via PM with me.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×