Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
majormojo

I need help with the Giulio Cesare captain skills

14 comments in this topic

[GLORY]
Members
62 posts
512 battles

These are the skills i currently have equipped but im just not sure what to do next.  Any ideas?

Hes a 17 point captain with 3 unspent points. Id add a picture but i just won't work for some reason 

Priorty target

Preventive maintenance 

High alert 

Jack of all trades

Basics of survivability 

Survivability expert

Expert marksman 

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,810 battles
21 minutes ago, majormojo said:

These are the skills i currently have equipped but im just not sure what to do next.  Any ideas?

Hes a 17 point captain with 3 unspent points. Id add a picture but i just won't work for some reason 

Priorty target

Preventive maintenance 

High alert 

Jack of all trades

Basics of survivability 

Survivability expert

Expert marksman 

Hi 

GC can be considered to my mind a AA battleship and at that tier you get quite lot CV action so my captain is 

PM

EM

BFT 

AFT

CE

AR

SI

But that's just how i like her fitted out there are far better players than i that may have a even better set up.

regards

Edited by tm63au

Members
9,873 posts

You build a captain to the strength of the ship generally, CE should always be your first 4 point on GC.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
1,656 battles

I'd recommend a standard concealment/durability build.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

With only 17 points I would hold off on Superintendent until you have 19 points.

If you don't feel like you need Expert Marksman, then High Alert would be my next choice, then Jack of all trades.  The alternative to Superintendent would be Vigilance.

Survivability Expert is a DD skill.  You simply don't get anything near the value it costs on a BB.

Edited by Helstrem

[GLORY]
Members
62 posts
512 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

With only 17 points I would 

Survivability Expert is a DD skill.  You simply don't get anything near the value it costs on a BB.

Well idk.  Those few more HP has kept me alive numerous times

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I would go PT AR SI CE FP BOS and EM for 19 points in that order.

That’s a solid survivability build. But I went AA on mine given you get 2 CVs per side pretty often. 

So, PT, AR, SI, CE, BFT, AFT, EM or High Alert. 

[HINON]
Members
8,874 posts
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

That’s a solid survivability build. But I went AA on mine given you get 2 CVs per side pretty often. 

So, PT, AR, SI, CE, BFT, AFT, EM or High Alert. 

Cvs usually dont bother me too much unless they are t6 or t7 and I figured the aa investments in those matchups aren't worthwhile. Cvs with autodrops have a hard time landing many torps thanks to the agility of the gc. 

[GLORY]
Members
62 posts
512 battles

Yeah the GC is awesome as far as manuvering.  I think with maybe an exra 10-12k HP and a catapult fighter or maybe a stronger heal its EASILY an amazing T7 quick moving hard hitting BB.  But i like it at T5 so all the omahas and koningsburgs come rushing up to torp me only to have 5 citadels scored and a very quick trip back to port

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Stealth - Survival Hybrid build is the way with Caesar.  Her AA is garbage.  The Secondaries are even worse.  What you do have is an amazing combination of speed and stealth.

For 17pts:

PT

AR

BoS & SI

FP & CE

When you ding 19pts, get EM and you're set.

CE is a must on Caesar as it is one of her greatest advantages.  Her super stealth and speed give her opportunities offensively and defensively.  In a Tier VII match, that speed and stealth will save Caesar where her Tier V BB peers are getting slaughtered because they cannot control their engagements like Caesar can.  Speed and stealth maxed out on Caesar is also vital because she's not exactly well armored either, so dictating when you want to fight is paramount.  Speed and stealth lets Caesar do that.

When the flank you're on collapses and there's a big rush of fast sailing red ships, you will be glad you got that Stealth to go with your Speed, and disappear when the odds look terrible.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Stealth - Survival Hybrid build is the way with Caesar.  Her AA is garbage.  The Secondaries are even worse.  What you do have is an amazing combination of speed and stealth.

For 17pts:

PT

AR

BoS & SI

FP & CE

When you ding 19pts, get EM and you're set.

CE is a must on Caesar as it is one of her greatest advantages.  Her super stealth and speed give her opportunities offensively and defensively.  In a Tier VII match, that speed and stealth will save Caesar where her Tier V BB peers are getting slaughtered because they cannot control their engagements like Caesar can.  Speed and stealth maxed out on Caesar is also vital because she's not exactly well armored either, so dictating when you want to fight is paramount.  Speed and stealth lets Caesar do that.

When the flank you're on collapses and there's a big rush of fast sailing red ships, you will be glad you got that Stealth to go with your Speed, and disappear when the odds look terrible.

7 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Cvs usually dont bother me too much unless they are t6 or t7 and I figured the aa investments in those matchups aren't worthwhile. Cvs with autodrops have a hard time landing many torps thanks to the agility of the gc. 

Agree with both of these posts, too. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
10 hours ago, Helstrem said:

With only 17 points I would hold off on Superintendent until you have 19 points.

If you don't feel like you need Expert Marksman, then High Alert would be my next choice, then Jack of all trades.  The alternative to Superintendent would be Vigilance.

This. Keep it in action as long as possible. Concealed to you can go dark in a shorter distance and then faster consumables and more health so you can stay strong and recover.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,982 posts
6,579 battles

My current 16 pointer:

image.thumb.png.55e49e11b6d4e84f1c3573c28c6b94cc.png

I went with BoS over SI because in my experience, the extra heal isn't as good as reducing fire duration, given the tier. My last 3 will go to SI though.

It seems to work out ok for me:

image.thumb.png.762aaebfd61f23efc55b7fcb86bdbb7d.png

Sign in to follow this