You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Khabarovsk v IJN Dakka Botes

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

Khab is hilariously effective as a counter to Kitakaze and Haragumo. Find the range, wiggle and nail em with impunity cuz they can't hit you, and if they do, at least half their shells just ping off the bow armour. They are so fat and slow that they can't get away without cruiser support.

If anyone needs me, I'll be doing Mach 2 (with speed boost) somewhere on a high tier map for the next few days.

Side note, Buffalo and Salem are easy Khab prey, too.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Yep. The new IJN DDs have a lot of counters but people seem to be missing that. 

Pretty much.

[FAE]
Members
2,121 posts
2,524 battles

Lol, cuz the whole boat is 50mm, instead of 32mm like even BBs are?? lmbo. 

Edited by BlailBlerg

[WOLF6]
Members
1,802 posts
4,826 battles

I don't have a lot of games in the Kitakaze yet, and have only seen Khab's twice. The first time, the Khab pushed the cap too closely and got deleted. The second he buzzed a cap I was in the process of taking. Shot at me, I smoked up, he was spotted, and I shot one salvo of HE at his superstructure as he approached, landed several of AP as he went by, and missed with HE again as he went over the horizon. Cruiser caught him later, he didn't add much value to their team.

Khaba might be a counter in the right hands, just like any ship could be. The average player may have occasional success, but Khab's not a silver bullet. They have their own problems, namely being visible from space and drawing fire from everyone when spotted.

Remember: The IJN's are adapting to YOU, too.

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,627 posts
14,017 battles
30 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Yep. The new IJN DDs have a lot of counters but people seem to be missing that. 

Been shooting at them with Montana today for good effect.  12 shells flying kind of helps.  I've been seeing them try to open-water gunboat.  They're not exceptionally fast and like Akizuki, are kinda big botes.  To me it's like shooting at Grozovoi.  It's not like my BB trying to shoot at a lightning fast Khab.

Now, if these new IJN gunbotes are being sly with stealth, positioning, smoke, that's when they become a problem if you got nobody to flush them out or Radar them.  I've seen some Haragumo's work down some guys that got themselves into a bad spot.  And with the FOTM IJN DDs in the queues right now with multiples of them per team, it won't take long even for a BB to die.  Watched a pair of Haragumo's work over some poor GK.  It was not a pleasant thing to watch.  The bleeding of HP is really substantial.  I haven't fallen victim to it myself yet, but seen it enough to say, "D*mn, glad it wasn't me."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
50 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Lol, cuz the whole boat is 50mm, instead of 32mm like even BBs are?? lmbo. 

Yeah, how could anyone ever say that was Russian Bias at work?

[MIA]
Members
38 posts
3,534 battles

The thing about the Khab (perhaps its biggest disadvantage) is its 50mm armor plates. I haven't played much the Khab since update but I imagine and IJN DD shooting you with AP would desintegrate you

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,849 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Khab is hilariously effective as a counter to Kitakaze and Haragumo. Find the range, wiggle and nail em with impunity cuz they can't hit you, and if they do, at least half their shells just ping off the bow armour. They are so fat and slow that they can't get away without cruiser support.

If anyone needs me, I'll be doing Mach 2 (with speed boost) somewhere on a high tier map for the next few days.

Side note, Buffalo and Salem are easy Khab prey, too.

Pretty much all USN CAs are easy prey. I like chasing them around