Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Ranked T8 ship question

19 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,123 battles

I would like to try ranked, my only ships are the Hipper, Prinz Eugen, and Tirpitz. Would any of these work well, with out handicapping the team?

Members
2,437 posts
12,175 battles

The Tirpitz can be a beast. The other two can be more challenging but the good ol Tirpitz will be just fine if you play her decently.

Members
321 posts
6,069 battles

I would say if those are your only 3, the Tirpitz without a doubt.  It has solid armor, hp pool, guns that handle well enough vs tier 8 ships, and does well at close to medium ranges.  Ranked battles aren't a good place for guys who like to hang back most of the time.  That being said, do you have a decent captain to put into it?   Eugen has a heal now does it not?  Could be worth a try,  it has a decent health pool, but I personally think it will be outclassed by some other Tier 8 cruisers.

My Benson is still my go to ship for Tier 8 ranked. RIP Tier 8 Fubuki....

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,210 battles

Prinz Eugen would probably be the better choice over the Hipper, as it has a heal consumable.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles
7 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

Prinz Eugen would probably be the better choice over the Hipper, as it has a heal consumable.

^^^^^ best advice above

Yeah, you can do a lot more damage in the match with a heal at tier 8 - so you will have an advantage over non-heal cruisers that MM lines up against you.  The Tirpitz has no outstanding advantages or disadvantages compared to all the other tier 8 BB's - so the Eugen will probably give you an edge out of the three ships you mentioned.

Members
587 posts

I would watch every new video about Prinz Eugen that you can find. The older ones  are missing a lot of buffed and new items. I like it a lot and still might use it. 

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,123 battles
24 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

That being said, do you have a decent captain to put into it?  

I have a 16 point captain

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

tirpiz is great others are ok too.  with t10 starting at rank 15, you will have no trouble advancing and helping the team.  good luck man !

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

Ranked is just smaller randoms. Play your best no matter what ship and you won't get banned. You're probably better off wiith Tirpitz but you might as well keep working on your Hipper (as long as it isn't stock)

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

since T10 conversion happen at r15, i wont worry about T8 choices at all......

people you run into at rank 16-23 are either people that never played ranked, or people that struggled all season last season and still cant reach rank 10

plus it's all irrevocable except for rank16, so just play a few battles, even if you net 50% win rate, as long as it's not perfectly 1W1L1W1L, irrevocable mechanism will bring you up to rank 15

you should be more worried about getting a T10 ship for r15 and beyond

Members
2,437 posts
12,175 battles
46 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

^^^^^ best advice above

Yeah, you can do a lot more damage in the match with a heal at tier 8 - so you will have an advantage over non-heal cruisers that MM lines up against you.  The Tirpitz has no outstanding advantages or disadvantages compared to all the other tier 8 BB's - so the Eugen will probably give you an edge out of the three ships you mentioned.

Except torps and lethal secondary's...  Give me the Tirpitz against any tier 8 BB 1v1 .

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,123 battles
11 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

you should be more worried about getting a T10 ship for r15 and beyond

I'm working my why up the German cruiser line, at the Hipper, about 1/2 way to T9.

Members
321 posts
6,069 battles
40 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I have a 16 point captain

You should be more than fine, in a Tirpitz with a 16 pt captain. Unless he's spec'd for manual AA or something silly lol.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Ranked is just smaller randoms. 

Only at the lower ranks (Rank 23 - 16).  After that, things tend to improve with each level as people either figure out you have to play as a team, or don't figure it out and then have lots of trouble advancing any further. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
50 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

You should be more than fine, in a Tirpitz with a 16 pt captain. Unless he's spec'd for manual AA or something silly lol.

CVs can happen... lol

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Tirpitz was my most successful ship last season in Ranked so I can vouch for her effectiveness.  I don't have the other two, but I think both have solid reputations and should perform just fine.  What I'd do is start out using them all and keep track of how well they are doing for you because different ships fit different play styles better than others.  You can then narrow things down until you find the ship or ships that works best for you.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[DENY]
Members
295 posts
4,383 battles

Massachusetts will be my ship for ranked , I might try derpitz but I rarely do good in it , I just don't like the gun accuracy

Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Ranked is just smaller randoms. Play your best no matter what ship and you won't get banned. You're probably better off wiith Tirpitz but you might as well keep working on your Hipper (as long as it isn't stock)

I have trouble with the Tirpitz. Push too much. The Prinz is a fine ship especially if your captain is 15 points plus. Bring your best because it gets intense. good luck

Sign in to follow this