You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Time has come to help clean up the game

107 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles

After seeing some recent profane chats in battles and some explicit chats as well. We may need to go on at least a 1 month crusade of getting screen shots and going to Wargaming support on the Rule violations section and reporting them there.

Wargaming has something called a 5 strike system in place within n their moderation system where if a moderator has to nail you 5 times it is a permanent ban on the 5th offense and the strikes never go away they  Boy accumulate. Just after they started this system to help enforce the rules, relatively small group of friends and myself decided to help clean up the WOT Blitz game, and we reported every single player when allies gave allied positions to the enemy, used profanity at all on chat, used explicit chat, or spammed chat entire for most of all of the battle. We did not bother reporting minor insults that were profanity free or other such lesser banter. Also did not report AFK players since Wargaming is infamous for having stretches of unstable servers and games so an AFK player may be disconnected or Frozen or badly lagging out.

The Results after only 1 month or so of carefully catching each offender in WOT Blitz ended up showing  some nice results, politeness in chat increased, and battle quality increased and stayed that way for few months. Part of the reason why is the average profanity user is not going to be all that bright if they are breaking the game rules in the first place, so depending on your point of view you can still join me in this project of doubling down on getting some offenders banned since as I pointed out I know many here would love to see some of the stupity removed from the game, and one of the best ways to do it is to have them banned and if enough of us work together we could have WOWs be a better place and better gameplay.. Like I had a Clan TK me deliberately in battle and then start using profane insults on how I had not done what they wanted, and how I had “deserved “ what they gave me. Sent in nice report ticket with that chat and  evidence of the TK, needless to say have not seen those players again.

Been seening recent flurry of threads on what can be done with game chat or players that deliberately hurt their teams ect. Read through EULA so you know what can be bannable, then play battles and be prepared to screen shot and send in the report support tickets. WOWs is nice game, and we can keep it nice by assembling a clean up crew for the next month or so. Also the in game report feature is a toy meant to have kids think they reported somebody to keep them from sending useless reports into support, the report tickets to support actually work when there has been a violation. And what better time then with Ranked starting to go on a little crusade of catching Rule offenders since as I pointed out it can remove a decent number of the players that truly are the ones that hold you back in battles...

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 19
  • Angry 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

You can't clean everything, no matter how much you try. That is life.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Only Neptune's wrath will clean up this ocean

I forgot the complimentary...

Listen, and understand! Profanity is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
6 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

You can't clean everything, no matter how much you try. That is life.

Ah but this is a game, and games can get cleaned.

For example I actually play another online game as well and if some of the players in that game shot off their mouths just a fraction of what you see some players doing on global chat in WOWs battles, those players would be declared war on for insulting a lot of people and everything thing they had would be taken or burned to the ground in battles. Part of that game is forming alliances and dimplomacy is just as important as the armies and war fleets you build. And it is  International game so you end up with groups from around the world which gets fun lol.

Wows only way to punish players is with ban hammers when they get way out of line since not like you can take an armada up to their port and burn their ports and all their ships to the ground. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ah but this is a game, and games can get cleaned.

For example I actually play another online game as well and if some of the players in that game shot off their mouths just a fraction of what you see some players doing on global chat in WOWs battles, those players would be declared war on for insulting a lot of people and everything thing they had would be taken or burned to the ground in battles. Part of that game is forming alliances and dimplomacy is just as important as the armies and war fleets you build. And it is  International game so you end up with groups from around the world which gets fun lol.

Wows only way to punish players is with ban hammers when they get way out of line since not like you can take an armada up to their port and burn their ports and all their ships to the ground. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sounds like you may be asking to much for this game, your're not wrong mind you but you can't control the 16,000 players in this game.

Edited by Vangm94

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

I don't really notice anything all that unusual in chat. Every once in a while you get a vitriolic chat troll but usually you have the normal informative, funny, whiny, excited, annoyed, and frustrated chat that you see most everywhere online.

In fact, WOWS chat has to be some of the "cleanest" chat I've seen in games online. I may have mentioned this before but I once played a RTS where the chat got so bad the FBI actually investigated some players that were going around spamming death threats, and I don't mean "I"m so going to kill you next game" trash talk either. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,129 battles

What words do you think are to strong to use?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't really notice anything all that unusual in chat. Every once in a while you get a vitriolic chat troll but usually you have the normal informative, funny, whiny, excited, annoyed, and frustrated chat that you see most everywhere online.

In fact, WOWS chat has to be some of the "cleanest" chat I've seen in games online. I may have mentioned this before but I once played a RTS where the chat got so bad the FBI actually investigated some players that were going around spamming actual death threats. 

I agree, it can be dirty but it never is that bad. Only a few players will go stupid. The regular's in Port Chat keep it pretty clean.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Markk9 said:

What words do you think are to strong to use?

Crap (I censored myself) is the main word I use to describe anything when in chat.

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,569 battles

I spent my points on the "thick skin" perk growing up.  It has served me well.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

If profanity is completely against the rules of conduct then the game should automatically censor it out of chat. To do otherwise is utterly ridiculous. I understand disciplining players that use hate speech or make personal attacks, but if I torp down a BB in my Asashio and he types “bull****” in all chat, what’s the big deal? That shouldn’t get someone banned.

• Cool 4

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

This is also like the fifth Topic about Language and Profanity and at least two of them got locked probably because of language and profanity.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,667 battles

Unsportsmanly conduct - calling out positions to the other team, etc. needs to be dealt with immediately.  However, I rarely see that.  In fact, almost never.

I have a fairly thick skin and am familiar with adult language.  In the past, I have submitted tickets (fewer than 10 times in 2-1/2 years) with screen shots of truly deplorable chat.  By that I mean virulently racist or just mind boggling insults that never stop.

Generally chat stays within boundaries.  When it goes toxic, feel free to report it but this is not a G-rated world.

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

Use the system in place if you find someone's chat disagreeable, there is no need to go off on some misguided book-burning tour.  What triggers people is a completely subjective thing - different for each person.  I have no faith in your standards over wargaming's @Admiral_Thrawn_1, and I have no desire to experience it either.

I am always suspicious of the motives of people who seek to control the speech of others by "designating" what is allowable speech and what is disagreeable speech.

• Cool 7

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
30 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

After seeing some recent profane chats in battles and some explicit chats as well. We may need to go on at least a 1 month crusade of getting screen shots and going to Wargaming support on the Rule violations section and reporting them there.

Wargaming has something called a 5 strike system in place within n their moderation system where if a moderator has to nail you 5 times it is a permanent ban on the 5th offense and the strikes never go away they  Boy accumulate. Just after they started this system to help enforce the rules, relatively small group of friends and myself decided to help clean up the WOT Blitz game, and we reported every single player when allies gave allied positions to the enemy, used profanity at all on chat, used explicit chat, or spammed chat entire for most of all of the battle. We did not bother reporting minor insults that were profanity free or other such lesser banter. Also did not report AFK players since Wargaming is infamous for having stretches of unstable servers and games so an AFK player may be disconnected or Frozen or badly lagging out.

The Results after only 1 month or so of carefully catching each offender in WOT Blitz ended up showing  some nice results, politeness in chat increased, and battle quality increased and stayed that way for few months. Part of the reason why is the average profanity user is not going to be all that bright if they are breaking the game rules in the first place, so depending on your point of view you can still join me in this project of doubling down on getting some offenders banned since as I pointed out I know many here would love to see some of the stupity removed from the game, and one of the best ways to do it is to have them banned and if enough of us work together we could have WOWs be a better place and better gameplay.. Like I had a Clan TK me deliberately in battle and then start using profane insults on how I had not done what they wanted, and how I had “deserved “ what they gave me. Sent in nice report ticket with that chat and  evidence of the TK, needless to say have not seen those players again.

Been seening recent flurry of threads on what can be done with game chat or players that deliberately hurt their teams ect. Read through EULA so you know what can be bannable, then play battles and be prepared to screen shot and send in the report support tickets. WOWs is nice game, and we can keep it nice by assembling a clean up crew for the next month or so. Also the in game report feature is a toy meant to have kids think they reported somebody to keep them from sending useless reports into support, the report tickets to support actually work when there has been a violation. And what better time then with Ranked starting to go on a little crusade of catching Rule offenders since as I pointed out it can remove a decent number of the players that truly are the ones that hold you back in battles...

It would be nice if some players calmed down a little.  But at the same time, I don't really want a bunch of Pollyannas trying to turn this game into a completely child friendly obscenity free zone.  This is a game for adults.  And adults occasionally swear.  Now, I realize that it may be a challenge to know where to draw the line, but I know that I don't want chat to become SO clean that it would be hospital levels of cleanliness (if we were talking about dirt rather than speech).

As for reporting people giving away positions, I'm all for reporting them 100% of the time.  Then again, I'm all for removing the ALL chat in-game channel entirely, which would have the wonderful effect of making it impossible to give away a team mate's position.

I'm also for removing dead players from chat.  And I'm all for having function key messages being posted in chat if you've muted a given player.  I think that these things would go a long ways towards cleaning up chat, by simply removing the most likely offenders or blocking their ability to Fn key spam.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
11 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Sounds like you may be asking to much for this game, your're not wrong mind you but you can't control the 16,000 players in this game.

Oh yes we can, as I pointed out WOT Blitz had gotten pretty toxic and after a month of sending in report tickets the toxicity died down a lot since either the bad players were perma banned or knew better then to continue commenting offenses. Only takes 1 player in a battle willing and able  to send a report on any of the other 23 players to accomplish the goal. When the toxic players get their bans team play will actually improve since it’s the toxic players that really are the ones that ruin battles.

• Bad 4

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In fact, WOWS chat has to be some of the "cleanest" chat I've seen in games online. I may have mentioned this before but I once played a RTS where the chat got so bad the FBI actually investigated some players that were going around spamming actual death threats. 

Speaking of this, I wish that WG would take any death threat or suggestion that a person should commit suicide EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY, as in an automatic chat ban or even full suspension for such an offense.  

• Cool 2

[5IN]
Members
24 posts
2,165 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

Use the system in place if you find someone's chat disagreeable, there is no need to go off on some misguided book-burning tour.  What triggers people is a completely subjective thing - different for each person.  I have no faith in your standards over wargaming's @Admiral_Thrawn_1, and I have no desire to experience it either.

I am always suspicious of the motives of people who seek to control the speech of others by "designating" what is allowable speech and what is disagreeable speech.

Yep, always a reason, usually something to do with control issues and some oddball agenda.

There is the option of turning off chat, if it's just too difficult to read as people are telling you to stop trying to escape to the next map while adding crude pejoratives.

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
2 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Already pointed out the EULA clearly defines what is unacceptable, so if you follow those rules then all the reports innthe world will not harm you, but if you are majorly violating no them then you will get burned.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Speaking of this, I wish that WG would take any death threat or suggestion that a person should commit suicide EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY, as in an automatic chat ban or even full suspension for such an offense.  

The same can be said for any situation whether that is video games, school, workplaces, at home, that is anywhere and everywhere.

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

I think we found the guy who volunteered to be a hall monitor in high school... :Smile_teethhappy:

While I do understand the theory, that's a no from me dawg. Unless it's racist or otherwise waaaaay extreme, or they are giving away positions, I just right click their name and mute 'em. *POOF!* Problem solved.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
17,819 posts
5,087 battles
3 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Only suspicious? I always assume malicious intent lol.

• Cool 1