Sign in to follow this  
Corsair_I

Prevent chat spam

19 comments in this topic

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles

Some player's unique purpose in life is to troll people. The chat as designed by WG allows people to abuse the F keys to troll players.

In order to stop this, please implement a limitation on the number of times you can press the same F key in a short period of time, like 3 times per minute.

This has already been implemented for the fog horn, why not implementing this for the chat?

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,760 battles
6 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

Some player's unique purpose in life is to troll people. The chat as designed by WG allows people to abuse the F keys to troll players.

In order to stop this, please implement a limitation on the number of times you can press the same F key in a short period of time, like 3 times per minute.

This has already been implemented for the fog horn, why not implementing this for the chat?

I just posted a thread that might interest you on cleaning up WOWs and chat spamming is one of the things that I address with a solution that actually works I might add.

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
17 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I just posted a thread that might interest you on cleaning up WOWs and chat spamming is one of the things that I address with a solution that actually works I might add.

and I posted a reply./...

eSfsYdE.gif

you are not going to get any of the results you are counting on getting... and even if you DO, you will never ever know...

WG does have their own policy on not telling YOU anything about the person you report...

but good luck.... glad to see you will be wasting your time trying to capture screen shots instead of focusing on the game at hand...

Your team will love you for it....

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
29 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

ya know... you can always turn off CHAT,,,, problem solved... seems ONE person being annoyed is less of an issue to turn off chat then it is to police everyone else who does not care about what YOU think in chat... turn it off... it is hardly ever useful anyway...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Bad 2

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
6 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

ya know... you can always turn off CHAT,,,, problem solved... seems ONE person being annoyed is less of an issue to turn off chat then it is to police everyone else who does not care about what YOU think in chat... turn it off... it is hardly ever useful anyway...

Chat is very useful when not used for trolling others. You give yourself and your team a handicap when you isolate yourself from your team.

• Boring 1

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
12 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

eSfsYdE.gif

you are not going to get any of the results you are counting on getting... and even if you DO, you will never ever know...

WG does have their own policy on not telling YOU anything about the person you report...

but good luck.... glad to see you will be wasting your time trying to capture screen shots instead of focusing on the game at hand...

What preventing someone to spam in chat has anything to do with telling me anything about the person I report. Nothing to do with report...Off topic Mr Meme.

• Bad 1

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
15 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

What preventing someone to spam in chat has anything to do with telling me anything about the person I report. Nothing to do with report...Off topic Mr Meme.

nope./.. its not OT... it means that when you report someone thats it... you will never know what happens to that person...learn the reading thing.... its useful when trying to call someone out on something and then be wrong....

noZ75SW.gif

[SALVO]
Members
16,674 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, Corsair_I said:

There already is a limitation on Fn key usage.  What REALLY needs to be implemented is when you mute a player, that also has the effect of blocking any Fn key messages from him as well.  That would completely solve the problem.

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

nope./.. its not OT... it means that when you report someone thats it... you will never know what happens to that person...learn the reading thing.... its useful when trying to call someone out on something and then be wrong....

noZ75SW.gif

One more time, I'm not sure you understand the topic of this discussion. I do not talk about reporting trolls, I'm not even talking about the Karma system. I'm talking about using the F keys to create an audible message in the game, Like F3 key to tell people to cap a base when your mouse is pointing to that base. How does that have anything to do with reporting a player?

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
37 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

eSfsYdE.gif

By the way, talking about wasting time, you do waste a great amount trying to find the meme that is applicable to your post LOL!

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There already is a limitation on Fn key usage.  What REALLY needs to be implemented is when you mute a player, that also has the effect of blocking any Fn key messages from him as well.  That would completely solve the problem.

So what is the limitation? Please watch this video and tell me when the limitation kicked into action?

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
39 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Hey! cannot find a meme to illustrate your point here? I'm disappointed...

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
15 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

By the way, talking about wasting time, you do waste a great amount trying to find the meme that is applicable to your post LOL!

I dont find them, they find me

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
20 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

One more time, I'm not sure you understand the topic of this discussion. I do not talk about reporting trolls, I'm not even talking about the Karma system. I'm talking about using the F keys to create an audible message in the game, Like F3 key to tell people to cap a base when your mouse is pointing to that base. How does that have anything to do with reporting a player?

and if you actually READ the context of my post... I was referring to Admirals post about reporting Chat trolls.... what YOU imply in your OP is similar.... but whatever man... you seem to know what your doing so carry on...
maybe next time read the ENTIRE post and the context of said post.... you might avoid all this drama...

Hu0FtIM.gif

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

just a heads up... there is limitation for how many times in a few seconds you F key.... you get a warning after a few too many, and have to wait a few seconds to start up again...
BUT some of the F keys are important for pointing out which ship to focus on... or planes coming in etc etc... not that anyone actually takes them seriously... that would require teamwork, and this is WOWS... not the Superbowl....

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

and if you actually READ the context of my post... I was referring to Admirals post about reporting Chat trolls.... what YOU imply in your OP is similar.... but whatever man... you seem to know what your doing so carry on...
maybe next time read the ENTIRE post and the context of said post.... you might avoid all this drama...

Hu0FtIM.gif

OK, I have to admit, I did not realize you talked to him, not to me. However, you should not import an argument from another thread to my thread. You should have answered him in HIS thread.

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
1 minute ago, Corsair_I said:

OK, I have to admit, I did not realize you talked to him, not to me. However, you should not import an argument from another thread to my thread. You should have answered him in HIS thread.

but this was much more fun......

[WAX]
Beta Testers
452 posts
13,659 battles
6 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

just a heads up... there is limitation for how many times in a few seconds you F key.... you get a warning after a few too many, and have to wait a few seconds to start up again...
BUT some of the F keys are important for pointing out which ship to focus on... or planes coming in etc etc... not that anyone actually takes them seriously... that would require teamwork, and this is WOWS... not the Superbowl....

Obviously, that few seconds should be extended to a longer duration.

Sign in to follow this