You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Day 3 of IJN dd

73 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles

Ok IJN dd etc WG!!!! Have been in several battles now. I have seen full health Crusiers die in 30 sec to the t10. Full health dd sink in 20 sec. Bb die in 1min.

I have given up on t9 and t10 till you fix it. 100mm guns pen the same as a 8 inch shell.

It has torp reload. Laser guns and a 2 sec reload that pens 25 50mm armor.  

Des is now pointless because the range is 15.8 almost the same as harugumu and bb secondaries are pointless they have to be in rage of the new IJN dd.

WG you are making alot of people rage quite. And dont give me the tired well just take radar? Radar is 10 km and if you spot him your dead.

There is no excuse to have a 100mm gun beat every ship.

Uts an easy fix. Take off 1/4 pen and make it so the very max it can pen is under 25mm and let fires do the damage.

The only person having fun with these ship is the one driving it.

And if your a hater don't reply.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
13 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Ok IJN dd etc WG!!!! Have been in several battles now. I have seen full health Crusiers die in 30 sec to the t10. Full health dd sink in 20 sec. Bb die in 1min.

I have given up on t9 and t10 till you fix it. 100mm guns pen the same as a 8 inch shell.

Des is now pointless because the range is 15.8 almost the same as harugumu and bb secondaries are pointless they have to be in rage of the new IJN dd.

WG you are making alot of people rage quite. And dont give me the tired well just take radar? Radar is 10 km and if you spot him your dead.

Uts an easy fix. Take off 1/4 pen and make it so the very max it can pen is under 25mm and let fires do the damage.

How have you been playing vs the new T9 & T10 IJN for three days when the patch dropped a little over 24 hours ago? :)

I'm sure it feels like it for those fire spewing ships. :Smile_sad:

A 100mm IJN HE shell can pen 24mm armor. A 203mm HE shell can pen 33mm of armor. But a 100mm IJN HE shell with IFHE can pen 32mm of armor which is crazy.

I liked the suggestion of having the 100mm IJN HE shells have 1/5 pen. Then the 100mm IJN HE would pen 19mm of armor giving them the ability to harm DDs and BB superstructures. With IFHE, the guns would pen 25mm of armor. That seems much more reasonable to me.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles

Come on jags let the destroyers have something op for once:cap_rambo:

Besides thing maneuvers worse than a battleship with no heal

and that's what radars for right?

Edited by silverdahc

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,609 posts
3,895 battles

Have you tried adapting? No?

I heard overcoming also works.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,834 posts
3,944 battles

Almost everybody I have talked with about the HE pen feels it's a bit too much. The same effect (not having to use IFHE to pen superstructures) could be accomplished by having a 1/5 rule instead of 1/4 that they have now. 

Regardless of that, new kids on the block often spam the servers on the first couple of weeks. Add to that how many of us already had the xp for Kitakaze and this is what happens. As many have pointed down we cant jump at conclusions now, matchmaking behaves differently.

The only positive is that IJN DDs are relevant again, just the wrong line.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
934 posts
6,141 battles
32 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

1. If you've seen a full health cruiser die in 30 secs than that player seriously messed up. (Facing the DD will saturate the area and negate most of the damage). If you seen a full health DD die in 20 secs than he probably shouldn't broadside one of the new IJN ships from 5km.

2. Torp reload? The standard torp reload time is 23 years. The booster is has quite a long reload as well. Laser guns? They are very floaty beyond about 10 km. 2 Sec reload? No they don't. The guns reload at 2.4 secs with the reload module AND BFT. The only time it would get to 2 secs is if AR kicked in, AFAIK.

3. DM is now pointless because the range is 15.8, almost the same as the Harugumo? Nope. The max range with AFT is about 15km. If you slot the range module in the last slot than the max range is about 17.1 km. Good luck hitting anything at 17.1 km with those 100 mm guns. If you are sitting still at 15+km and getting hit by a Harugumo........MOVE. I know it's tough for a DM to move away from it's stationary bunker position....but it IS possible.

4. Give it longer than a day before you come on the forum and start rage whining. It's been, what, 24 hours? FFS

This is too hard, I quit! I don't like this, I quit! I'm getting shot at in my DM while I hug this island and farm damage, I quit! Wahh wahh wahh.......good Lord. Kids these days whine to f'ing much. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
752 posts
3,474 battles
33 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I feel like op doesn't realize that the harugumo is the ijn light cruiser and not a DD... it has the worst turning circle than the conqueror. It's the biggest DD. It has bad concealment. It's the slowest dd of t 10. 

It cant actually perform the role of a DD when its facing other DD. Its going to get outspotted, and with that turning speed it's going to get hit with a ton of shells or get hit with torps. 

If people just realize to shoot a fat DD there would be a lot less crying.

Edited by Merlox

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
1 minute ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

1. If you've seen a full health cruiser die in 30 secs than that player seriously messed up. If you seen a full health DD die in 20 secs than he probably shouldn't broadside one of the new IJN ships from 5km.

2. Torp reload? The standard torp reload time is 23 years. The booster is has quite a long reload as well. Laser guns? They are very floaty beyond about 10 km. 2 Sec reload? No they don't. The guns reload at 2.4 secs with the reload module AND BFT. The only time it would get to 2 secs is if AR kicked in, AFAIK.

3. DM is now pointless because the range is 15.8, almost the same as the Harugumo? Nope. The max range with AFT is about 15km. If you slot the range module in the last slot than the max range is about 17.1 km. Good luck hitting anything at 17.1 km with those 100 mm guns. If you are sitting still at 15+km and getting hit by a Harugumo........MOVE. I know it's tough for a DM to move away from it's stationary bunker position....but it IS possible.

4. Give it longer than a day before you come on the forum and start rage whining. 

This is too hard, I quit! I don't like this, I quit! I'm getting shot at in my DM while I hug this island and farm damage, I quit! Wahh wahh wahh.......good Lord. Kids these days whine to f'ing much. 

You're right being a destroyer it will soon face the unified battleship cries and get nerfed into oblivion soon

Beta Testers
934 posts
6,141 battles
2 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I feel like op doesn't realize that the harugumo is the ijn light cruiser and not a DD... it has the worst turning circle than the conqueror. It's the biggest DD. It has bad concealment. It's the slowest dd of t 10. 

It cant actually perform the role of a DD when its facing other DD. Its going to get outspotted, and with that turning speed it's going to get hit with a ton of shells or get hit with toros. 

If people just realize to shoot a fat DD there would be a lot less crying.

This^^

I played my Harugumo about 8 or so times yesterday, and in about 4 or 5 games it was the FIRST ship to die. Heck., I killed 3 just throwing torps randomly into smoke since they couldn't move away fast enough.

• Cool 1

[KNTI2]
Members
797 posts
4,637 battles
34 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I replied, and contributed about the same as you did in this thread, which is virtually nothing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

You're right being a destroyer it will soon face the unified battleship cries and get nerfed into oblivion soon

I don't think it needs to be nerf'd into oblivion, but 1/4 pen made the 100mm IFHE shells pen like they are 203mm shells which seems a bit much. 1/5 pen would have been better. Then you could buff some of the other stats to match.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles
35 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Come on jags let the destroyers have something op for once:cap_rambo:

Besides thing maneuvers worse than a battleship with no heal

and that's what radars for right?

They have smoke which is so silly. You can see imperfectly out of it and no one can we you.

Dd have torps that reload every 20 min or so. That's enough op stuff dont you think?

Edited by jags_domain

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles
26 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Have you tried adapting? No?

I heard overcoming also works.

How do you "adapt to a ship that can take a des from full health to 0 in 20 sec. Both ships have basicly the same range?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

They have smoke which is so silly. You can see perfectly out of it and no one can we you.

Dd have torpa that reload every 20 min or so. That's enough op stuff dont you think?

You can't see out of it without the real time  satellite data link from your other ship spotting for you

What is silly about that in ww2 time line?

Edited by silverdahc
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles
27 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Almost everybody I have talked with about the HE pen feels it's a bit too much. The same effect (not having to use IFHE to pen superstructures) could be accomplished by having a 1/5 rule instead of 1/4 that they have now. 

Regardless of that, new kids on the block often spam the servers on the first couple of weeks. Add to that how many of us already had the xp for Kitakaze and this is what happens. As many have pointed down we cant jump at conclusions now, matchmaking behaves differently.

The only positive is that IJN DDs are relevant again, just the wrong line.:Smile_teethhappy:

I will give you that!

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,902 posts
19,307 battles

WG is slowly but surly ruining the game like WOTs . 

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles
26 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

1. If you've seen a full health cruiser die in 30 secs than that player seriously messed up. (Facing the DD will saturate the area and negate most of the damage). If you seen a full health DD die in 20 secs than he probably shouldn't broadside one of the new IJN ships from 5km.

4. Give it longer than a day before you come on the forum and start rage whining. It's been, what, 24 hours? FFS

I am playing in a div and watchinf this dude destroy full health gearing in 10 sec. I got liked in my full health sea 3 time in 20 sec and I am bow on.

If you ise range try hitting anything outside on 12- 15 km with a des thats dd size.

Your points are taken but a 100mm gun. Should never have that much power.

Reduce the damage done by the shell.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,609 posts
3,895 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

How do you "adapt to a ship that can take a des from full health to 0 in 20 sec. Both ships have basicly the same range?

You adapt to that by not being broadside, which is the only situation where a Harugumo could feasibly do that.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,556 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't think it needs to be nerf'd into oblivion, but 1/4 pen made the 100mm IFHE shells pen like they are 203mm shells which seems a bit much. 1/5 pen would have been better. Then you could buff some of the other stats to match.

That is the problem. Its pen is the same a 8 inch shell so why bother having different guns on anything. Add to that I inch pen your firing every 2 sec.

Make the very top end 25mm and that might be to much and thats fine I guess.

It will still be the best fire starter in the game.

Maybe this will make cv come back?

[HINON]
Members
9,327 posts

Let's take a trip down jags_domain memory lane for fun context. I mean same thread less than 24 hours ago? Ready go!

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,761 posts
14,224 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Need more radar!!! 

Just like we need more cowbell:Smile-_tongue: