Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Siegewolf

Henry / Hindenburg Ranked question

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
553 posts
7,041 battles

Hello all,

In preparation for the new ranked season I looked to see if any CC's/Good Players had Ranked ship suggestion videos for this season.  Pretty much I may have a few T8 Battles (not many I expect due to past ranks) but will be spending a lot of time at T10.  My goto ship is the Hindenburg.  I love that cruiser.  I also have all the other T10 Cruisers with the exception of one, the Worcester (no Stalingrad either I guess).

My question to the community is if the new reload booster makes the Henry a decent ship to use over the course of battles.  I don't play the Henry a lot, and in past Ranked battles I have seen people use her.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Links to new Ranked Battles Ship videos?

Members
638 posts

1. If I have time to make it to Tier 10 I would likely use the battles to get a unique/ legendary mod done. Hindenburg mod looks very nice. 

2. Check out the maps to be used. (I have not) Are you able to initially stick your cruiser where you want to. I have specific starting positions for Des Moines and Hindenburg. If not consider another ship

3. Time ...by far my biggest issue. If u got it go play some Ranked in whatever u got. 

[DAY]
Members
1,187 posts
12,099 battles

everything from last season pretty much still  apply....

as for HIV, if you dont play her much in random, dont play her in ranked

play what you know how to play, dont use ranked to familiarize yourself with ships

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,108 posts
4,690 battles

Unfortunately I foresee this season of ranked being flooded by Conquerors and Harugumos, so it really isn't going to matter what you bring to the table or how it is equipped. If you're lucky and get more wins than losses you might have a chance, but these two ships can farm so much fire damage with impunity that they are guaranteed to save a star during a loss so I fear it'll always be one step forward two steps back.

[-BMV-]
Members
235 posts
14,002 battles
2 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Play what you are good at. 

:Smile_great:

Last season someone accused me of throwing away games because i brought my Charles Martel to ranked. I reached Rank 10 and did fairly good with her. In contrast, i did poorly in my Alabama, which is my best T-8 BB.

Just remember, just because the majority considers a ship bad doesn't mean you can't do good in her. Like that almost mythological dude that ranked out in Pensacola in season 6.

Regarding Henry, i don't have her but, using Martel as a an example, with the Reload Boost i can fire 4 full broadsides in 15 secs. Good at killing dds and setting BBs on fire. In the end the best judge is you, try everything and see what suits you best.

Good luck.

[AAA]
Members
467 posts
5,874 battles
6 hours ago, Sidelock said:

:Smile_great:

Last season someone accused me of throwing away games because i brought my Charles Martel to ranked. I reached Rank 10 and did fairly good with her. In contrast, i did poorly in my Alabama, which is my best T-8 BB.

Just remember, just because the majority considers a ship bad doesn't mean you can't do good in her. Like that almost mythological dude that ranked out in Pensacola in season 6.

Regarding Henry, i don't have her but, using Martel as a an example, with the Reload Boost i can fire 4 full broadsides in 15 secs. Good at killing dds and setting BBs on fire. In the end the best judge is you, try everything and see what suits you best.

Good luck.

Good luck to you as well!

I actually had a decent win rate with the CM before switching to the Kidd and riding her to t10. 

The season before I rode t8 NO to rank 10. 

With that said you have to be the bomb with the Henry to make her work in t10 ranked/clan. Not as stealthy as the Zao and while her guns are the strongest on a ca she doesn’t deliver the alpha strike and her torps are not super. 

In clan we ignored every Henry riding the sides and it had no impact on the game. 

Bottom line bring what you know how to fight with

Members
38 posts
3,537 battles
13 hours ago, Siegewolf said:

Hello all,

In preparation for the new ranked season I looked to see if any CC's/Good Players had Ranked ship suggestion videos for this season.  Pretty much I may have a few T8 Battles (not many I expect due to past ranks) but will be spending a lot of time at T10.  My goto ship is the Hindenburg.  I love that cruiser.  I also have all the other T10 Cruisers with the exception of one, the Worcester (no Stalingrad either I guess).

My question to the community is if the new reload booster makes the Henry a decent ship to use over the course of battles.  I don't play the Henry a lot, and in past Ranked battles I have seen people use her.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Links to new Ranked Battles Ship videos?

Ok, I consider myself a experienced Henri player. Henri with the MBRB can do insane ammounts of damage to broadside Cruisers and BBs. Ideally you'll want to run around the map and when you see an opportunity on a broadside ship you delete it. Henri was alaways useful (and a great ship overall). But ultimatelly play what you are comfortable with and you will do well.

Ps: You want to shoot AP with it most of the time. Unless you are shooting a BB at 15km+

Edited by IgorSV94
Add info

[VW]
Members
2,050 posts
12,878 battles
19 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Unfortunately I foresee this season of ranked being flooded by Conquerors and Harugumos, so it really isn't going to matter what you bring to the table or how it is equipped. If you're lucky and get more wins than losses you might have a chance, but these two ships can farm so much fire damage with impunity that they are guaranteed to save a star during a loss so I fear it'll always be one step forward two steps back.

dont recall it being the case for conq last season. harug maybe, but with so much radar (radar minnow, yy, des, salem, mosk, staliningrad, worsestershire, and probly something i forgot) not sure harug will get much play. plus in ranked people hit ships in smoke, so again a doubt for harrykaze.

as for op, hindy seems like a great ca for ranked, will finally be able to try (if i decide) here this season.

Sign in to follow this