Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Carousel Filtering - not what one would want

11 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

Perhaps as a user I'm simply misusing it or not understanding it's purpose (porpoise since we're nautical here). 

How do I filter out unwanted ships, like, oh the ARP ships. No matter the options I select in the new filtering options, there they are, filling up the carousel. They are not simply "absent" but rather unable to be selected. 

So it must be my fault, right? Enlighten me how I can indeed set it so they are not visible at all. What? I can't? 

Rant just in case: Has anyone ever explained to you the concept of filtering, where you filter to exclude, that is, to not view, to not SEE something you are filtering OUT of your list? "Normally" a list includes everything. You then have a choice - filter to keep in or filter to exclude. Exclusion does not mean deletion, it simply means do not show it. /rant

SECONDLY: 

Anyone aware that selection of other options presented actually demounts camo!? Realizing I did not want the camo remove, I unselected it/selected it so I could indeed see the camo in port / battle. Guess what - some option reinstalled the camo (like the Cleveland eagles camo) but other options, having deleted the camo, did not reinstall the camo. 

Dat der is de bug.

Not wanting to SEE something (like a special camo) does not mean I do not want to run the camo, right?

As far as I can tell you can do one very simple thing to fix all this stuff. Every time you add a special collection of ships, built a list just like the Nation list and use an existing interface. From my perspective that'd be a ton simpler for you and easier for me cause i already know the interface.

[CK5]
Members
836 posts
7,086 battles

Yep, I noticed that I can't get rid of the ARP ships anymore.  I don't care about filtering their neon camo, I don't want to see them - period. 

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

You can only shut off the camos now, you can however sell the ships and they will be gone for good. As for me I have 234 ships in the port, ten less really doesn't make much of a difference.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,594 posts
10,056 battles
54 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yep, I noticed that I can't get rid of the ARP ships anymore.  I don't care about filtering their neon camo, I don't want to see them - period. 

You can get rid of them...

But once you sell them, they are gone for good.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,312 battles

I got rid of all my ARP and Dragon ships and still have 250 ships.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,644 posts
4,213 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

They are not simply "absent" but rather unable to be selected.

No, they aren't even that - at least, I've never had a problem selecting one.  They are merely re-sorted and dimmed.

Sign in to follow this