Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Dumb question about researching and skipping ships

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
54 posts
7,572 battles

I have the new Cleveland and have enjoyed playing it so far. I generated enough ship points to unlock the Seattle, but have read less than stellar reviews on it. In many ways I'd prefer to skip the Seattle (not purchase it) and focus on putting all resources behind getting the Worchester. If I continue to play the Cleveland and accrue ship points can I then apply them toward unlocking the Worchester (understanding I've already unlocked the Seattle). Or, are the points I earn with the Cleveland only good for unlocking the Seattle--and could not be used to unlock the Worchester? Make sense? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[FGNE]
Members
392 posts
2,546 battles

Those “extra” points on an elite Cleveland cannot be used directly to skip Seattle; but you can convert that elite XP into free XP (with doubloons) that you can use to skip Seattle.

PS: I don’t have it yet, but from what I hear Seattle is good enough, but suffers T9 syndrome (basically it’s not as good as T10 in some players minds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[PVE]
Members
530 posts
4,626 battles

I would give Seattle a try. Many people on the forum hate Ibuki and some people skip it because of what they hear, but I love that ship and I am very glad that I tried it out. I am in absolutely no hurry for the Zao with how much I enjoy Ibuki.

You never know until you find out for yourself. Besides silver is free and you get half of it back if you sell a ship. Doubloons cost real money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

The Seattle plays like a souped up Cleveland, so if you like the Cleve you will like driving the Seattle.  Also,  you can grind her in co-op is you have plenty of time.  I'm retired so I do have the time.  LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[VW]
Members
2,054 posts
12,922 battles
1 hour ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

I have the new Cleveland and have enjoyed playing it so far. I generated enough ship points to unlock the Seattle, but have read less than stellar reviews on it. In many ways I'd prefer to skip the Seattle (not purchase it) and focus on putting all resources behind getting the Worchester. If I continue to play the Cleveland and accrue ship points can I then apply them toward unlocking the Worchester (understanding I've already unlocked the Seattle). Or, are the points I earn with the Cleveland only good for unlocking the Seattle--and could not be used to unlock the Worchester? Make sense? Thanks in advance!

As ohers have answered the xp only unlocks the next ship in the tree. Free xp can be used to unlock the next ship if you have enough of it. However before you do so ask yourself if you want to buy any free xp ships such as Nelson, Musashi or Kronstadt (spelling?!). You might prefer to save the free xp rather than spend it on skipping tiers, or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[LOU1]
Members
3,152 posts
8,378 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

How is it possible not to know how xp works after 6k battles?

Possibly by not spending a lot of time on the forums.  The good thing about this is that the OP did come to the forums to ask about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,920
Members
18,951 posts
5,333 battles
28 minutes ago, awiggin said:

How is it possible not to know how xp works after 6k battles?

You of all people is asking that question? :Smile_teethhappy:

Who are the vast majority of WoWS players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,982
[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
35 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You of all people is asking that question? :Smile_teethhappy:

Who are the vast majority of WoWS players?

LOL. I know, but it still floors me sometimes.

I mean, I can understand being at tier 4, some of the mechanics are a bit hazy, but if you can get to tier 8 without understanding how xp works, I'd like a line on whatever the person is smoking.

53 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Possibly by not spending a lot of time on the forums.  The good thing about this is that the OP did come to the forums to ask about this.

And seriously? What does perusing the forums have to do with the very basic mechanic of xp use? It's not like you aren't exposed to it every time you play. :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

If you are new, watch the videos in the service record. It gives you a very basic understanding of what you get at each level and how to use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,920
Members
18,951 posts
5,333 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

LOL. I know, but it still floors me sometimes.

I mean, I can understand being at tier 4, some of the mechanics are a bit hazy, but if you can get to tier 8 without understanding how xp works, I'd like a line on whatever the person is smoking.

To be fair though, had I not played the German TD line in WoT, and the (pre-Karlsruhe buff) KM CA line, I might not know myself.

And is your avatar Inspector Gerard from The Fugitive? I recognise some of your other ones, but that's the first one where I thought I could place the actor and the role. (pretty sure I remember Fred McMurray, but I couldn't place the role)

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×