You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MizzenMast

What was your worst night in WoWs?

25 comments in this topic

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,037 battles

We've all had bad nights; a string of matches where the RNG gods have forsaken you & every shot you make is a ricochet & every hit you take a citadel or fire. Last night I had my worst night since I started taking my play seriously. 

Here is how my night went. 1st match of the night in a Fiji & I actually had a pretty good match. Sank 3, around 70k damage & took top spot on my team being bottom tier. Now I got enough XP that I was able to get the Edinburgh. I buy it & decided to retrain my captain using the Hood. Here is where things went south. 

2nd match on Land of Fire about 2min into the match I have not been detected yet but have to evade some blind fired torps. In evading I scrub the side of an island just enough to make me stop. I am slowly moving forward when a 2nd salvo comes in & I eat 4 of them. 1st blood & dev strike to the reds & I go back to the harbor without firing my guns. Ok; just some bad luck, I shake it off &  decide to take out my KG while waiting for the Hoods match to finish. 

3rd match on Sleeping Giant. About 5min into the match & I am slugging it out with a Bismark when an Akizuki starts to help him. I had been doing well but decide discretion is the better part of valor so after the Biz fired his next salvo I bear off to kite & ram a CA that was finally pushing up bringing me to all but a stop. About the time we get clear of each other the delay broadside allows the Biz to reload & land a citadel on me. Now I am officially hurt! Down to around 10k HP so I turn a little tighter to slide behind an island. Ive got 3 fires burning from the damned Akizuki's constant HE rain. Just as I slide behind the island I Blap him which felt great, hit my RP & steam away thinking im in the clear when an Alsace that had been hugging the 1 line sets 2 fires & I burn out. 1 kill & 37k damage all I have to show for the match. 

4th match & back in the Hood on Hot Spot. I really couldnt tell you WTH happened here? My only guess is I had the potato team to end all potato teams!! Myself & 3 other ships went East & the rest of the team went West. The Reds mirrored our deployment. Things were going well on our side of the map but the West side apparently YOLOed because not even 6min into the match they were all dead. We fought the good fight but taking hits from 2 directions the match was over before before the 10min mark. 

3 loses in a row so I decided to take a break. 

Ease my pain a bit by sharing your worst nights. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,600 posts
10,062 battles

Went without Internet or cable for a week.

Got an awful lot of work done around the house.  Didn't realize there was so much to do.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,552 posts
9,604 battles

March of 2017 I had 3 weeks solid of nothing but bad matches. Never had seen that kind of MM in Wargaming games prior to that or since then. Not only did I get the bad players and inferior ships on my teams, much of the time back then I had team killers on my team that thought the spawn should be a massacre of allied ships. :fish_palm:

[SPTR]
Members
3,497 posts
5,931 battles

*Last one alive on my team, in my half health Gneisenau, points are very close, killing the enemy Iowa wil let us win. Caught him by surprise, torps reloaded and ready to joust! High caliber, confederate, double strike, devastating strike x2, this will be the epic clutch moment I've been waiting for!*

*Enemy Graf Zeppelin: "lol nope."*

*Left click*

*boom* 

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Funny 1

[FGNE]
Members
396 posts
2,546 battles

I think the worst bad streak I’ve had were like 9 losses in a row... had to change to coop to keep my sanity... unfortunately I have little game time; so when I have the chance I play even if I have to grind through losses (but usually change tiers/ship/class/game-mode in an effort to break a losing streak).

Edited by CO_Valle

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,037 battles
30 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

I think the worst bad streak I’ve had were like 9 losses in a row... had to change to coop to keep my sanity... unfortunately I have little game time; so when I have the chance I play even if I have to grind through losses (but usually change tiers/ship/class/game-mode in an effort to break a losing streak).

While I hate to lose as much as the next guy it doesnt sting as badly if I am playing well. I can then at least feel well that I did my part & if only my team could pull a little of their own weight we could have won it. 
I will keep playing even with loses so long as I am playing well. If "MY" play is substandard then I will call it quits after 3. 

What I was looking for was stories where y'all screwed the pooch. Where bad luck, RNG or a stupid move ended your match prematurely. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,671 posts
3,895 battles

Any night that I decide to stream invariably becomes a night with an unbroken losing streak.

• Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
836 posts
7,095 battles

It wasn't one night but a couple of nights in a row.  I went 12 and 43 over several sessions and probably couldn't repeat that horrible string if I worked at it.

Edit:  After that, I started my own "three straight losses and I log-off" rule.    

Edited by PrairiePlayer

Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles

I had a horrible July but have rebounded this month.

It was a dark and stormy night. Early July.  Friday night. I had been reading some Edgar Allen Poe. The wind pounded my windows. The rain lashed my house. There were tornado warnings. Put book down. Fired up my puter. I hit play and lost. I hit play and lost. I hit play and lost.  I went into rage mode. Kept hitting play.  On TILT! Lost about 10 in a row. Maybe more.

[NAUT]
[NAUT]
Beta Testers
918 posts
6,255 battles

Probably having more than 200,000 damage, standing alone against 4 or 5 ships.. and losing a duel with the last one. That's happened a couple of times :p 

[BNKR]
Members
428 posts
2,665 battles

One night in February I went 3-17. Even had a guy on the reds in one game div up with me after I mentioned in chat I was 0-9 at that point. 

Took us four games to get a win. 

I wasn't even playing all that bad, either. Kept placing in the top three and unlocked three tier Vs that night. Just...no wins.

:Smile_sad:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,600 posts
10,062 battles

I guess my biggest rage was on 'islands of fire'.

One minute after spawn, came around a small island in my Atlanta - about a ship length from shore.....  <STUCK>

Try back and forth -- nothing.  Plane spots me.  Enemy team focuses -- I'm the first ship killed... zero damage - 2.5 minutes into the battle.

Next mission...  same map.  I'm in the North Carolina - same place...  There is no getting stuck at that location  I'm peeved about that.

Plane spots me.  Enemy team focuses -- I'm the first ship killed... zero damage - 3 minutes into the battle.

I switched off the computer system power..  no graceful shutdown..  nothing.

Ended up mowing the lawn.

[SIM]
Members
2,682 posts
4,423 battles

A lot of my nights are bad, honestly. Either I’m on a team of utter muppets where I end up at or near the top of the scoreboard by the merit of being the only person trying to win, or I end up in games where my teammates are ninja assassins and cut down the entire enemy team before I can make my mark. I typically do really well on Friday nights, but any other night has an even chance of being a complete mess. 

[INTEL]
Members
872 posts
9,082 battles

I had a lot of playing time earlier this week and had a session that was.... no words describe how it felt. 

First I had my first 5 match losing streak in a DD... first ever in any DD. Worse it was in Sims, my favorite DD and one I excel in. Nothing went right. Not spotted, not located, no where near a suspect DD location... Torp swarm and deleted. Sneak around the edge of the map to get vision on some camping BBs, run smack dab into 3 DDs and  Fiji... sigh. Couldn't land a torp on anything. Open fire on a juicy distracted target, BAM, it gets Dev Struck by a BB. 

Followed immediately by my second 5 match losing streak in a DD, my shiny new Hsienyang. Same story. 

Then there was yesterday. Complete turn around. Ripped off an 6 game winning streak in Sims and won 9 of 11. It was amazing. If torps weren't hitting my guns were burning BBs down and deleting any DD unlucky enough to try me. The one CV I encountered quickly decided he didn't want his planes anywhere near me.

Then two of the craziest matches I can remember while playing Leningrad, both wins. The first one featured an early cap fight that I need to watch to even get an idea what exact occurred. The reds lost 4 or 5 ships in about 2 minutes and felt like 30 seconds. We lost none. 6 DDs involved, multiple red BBs close up, a red Cleveland, a green Lyon... I really gotta watch the replay to grasp it. 

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles

I seems there are a greater n8umber of "the worse" type post opposed to "the good or best". Do we not play for enjoyment? Yes, I understand some are more competitive than others, to some enjoyment only means winning but for most do we not play for the fun of it? 

[AR15]
Members
427 posts
8,094 battles

They had that mission last year to get the Texas. After I got it, I decided to take it out for a spin. I went something like 0/15. It turned into a clan chat discussion on how many losses the streak would run. Statistics said I had to win eventually.

Members
140 posts
13,125 battles

According to WoWS Stats, my most recently poor performance in terms of WR was... yesterday! Heh. Stings a bit.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.29.18 AM.png

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague

Members
140 posts
13,125 battles

Here's a particularly bitter defeat from May 22nd.

I managed seven kills and 137k damage (which is very good for Tier 4), and I scored highest on the leaderboard between both teams. If you disregard the victor's 1.5x modifier then you could say I scored twice as high as he did.

The clock ran out just as I was about to finish off their barely-alive Langley. Another 15 or 20 seconds and I would have had a victory and a new personal best of eight kills. Not meant to be, though. 

I kept this replay. It was one of those "man, I almost had it!" moments, which is kind of an enjoyable thrill despite the loss.

So actually this is probably off-topic, since it's not my worst gameplay per the thread subject, but I vocalized my feelings about it out loud when the match ended.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.08.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.07.38 AM.png

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,710 posts
10,077 battles

I have had 12 loses in a row before. Even then I was having fun.

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,037 battles
1 hour ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

So actually this is probably off-topic, since it's not my worst gameplay per the thread subject, but I vocalized my feelings about it out loud when the match ended.

Great match! As you said, for T4 that is some serious damage! 

Unfortunately I know EXACTLY how you feel! 

Spoiler

shot-18.06.29_23.36.28-0150_1530336788.j

shot-18.06.29_23.37.45-0167_1530336856.j

• Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Sometimes I have battles where I go a certain flank(usually in a USN Standard battleship) with several fast ships that agree to go the same flank, we spot an enemy or two, the fast ships fire a salvo or two at the spotted enemies, I think everything's going great, but then the fast ships, without a word, run away and abandon me, without even spotting all the enemies on this flank, and I die to either a hail of cruiser HE from island-camping Cruisers, with my being lit up by DDs I haven't seen, or to a perfect torpedo salvo from a DD that hasn't even been spotted once in the match yet,(and I was spotted by a visible enemy, so I didn't even know an enemy DD was in the vicinity) and only is spotted for the first time AFTER I'm dead.

Only then do the allied fast ships come back to find the DD or flush out the enemy Cruisers. This kind of scenario actually has a reasonable chance of still winning the random battle(50/50) in my experience, BUT IT'S LIKE THE FAST SHIPS CONSPIRED TO GET RID OF THE ALLIED USN STANDARD(ME) SO THEY COULD DO MORE DAMAGE, OR SO THAT I "wouldn't be in the way"(note that they never said this):fish_palm:

This kind of behavior has got to stop.