You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zairinzan

Haragumo

28 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,872 posts
3,968 battles
Just now, Zairinzan said:

So nasty, I expect it will need a nerf, but in the meantime, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: corrected triggering scream. :etc_hide_turtle:

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,552 posts
9,604 battles
9 minutes ago, Zairinzan said:

So nasty, I expect it will need a nerf, but in the meantime, wheeeeeeeeeeee

Lol I think I figured out Wargaming’s plan with the ship, it was released only couple days before Ranked started so really not any time to grind it. So if people want it, a decent number of them will need to spend cash to convert XP to free XP, Ranked will be full of them, then after Ranked Wargaming Nerfs the ship to bring it in balance with the game. Could be wrong, but if it’s what Wargaming is up to then I must say it is a clever little idea.

Personally though if I was Wargaming I would have just done tier VI Ranked and made certain to have every tier VI premium ship on the shop available, plus the new T-61 and maybe the new tier VI premium German BB as well. They could make nice little profit like the last tier VI Ranked season, and you antagonize playerbase a lot less.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,340 battles
30 minutes ago, Zairinzan said:

So nasty, I expect it will need a nerf, but in the meantime, wheeeeeeeeeeee

ofc it will get a nerf. Even if the data shows it as underperforming like DDs in general, it will get it solely because it is a DD.
I am going bet on something getting toned down that mainly effects its power vs non-DDs... like its torp reload booster or its entire torpedo arsenal... and it's fire chance.
You know because even though only 6-8 of every 100 DD torpedoes net a hit..... dat "torpedo soup"... can't have that. No sir, no how.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles

Ya.. You really think that a Cleveland size DD with 5 100mm guns, Slow as hell, turns like crap and very poor detectability  will get nerfed?? Nah.. I think WG might buff it instead

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles
1 minute ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Ya.. You really think that a Cleveland size DD with 5 100mm guns, Slow as hell, turns like crap and very poor detectability  will get nerfed?? Nah.. I think WG might buff it instead

Yeah people just stop at the guns and never read the lower part of the description. Nearly every DD and many cruisers can outrun that boat. Plus the torps need forever to reload. How about DefAA since she is a AA DD?

[RKLES]
Members
7,552 posts
9,604 battles
19 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah people just stop at the guns and never read the lower part of the description. Nearly every DD and many cruisers can outrun that boat. Plus the torps need forever to reload. How about DefAA since she is a AA DD?

Harugumo will do fine, premium speed boosts, special entension mod for those boosts, Rudder shift Mod, and speed Flag. The thing is more like a stealthy light cruiser than a DD lol.

[TOG]
Members
2,821 posts
15,797 battles
27 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

More like 5 x 2 100 mm guns. Detectability compared to other DD's certainly.

24 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Eh, I think of the Haragumo as a CL and play accordingly. God knows, I've played the Mino as a large DD from time to time.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,998 posts
5,019 battles

I don't think it's flexible enough for Ranked, honestly. We'll see.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Harugumo will do fine, premium speed boosts, special entension mod for those boosts, Rudder shift Mod, and speed Flag. The thing is more like a stealthy light cruiser than a DD lol.

I’m at T9 now and as much I like the raw firepower most other DD can do better torpedo beats. The cruiser comparison isn’t wrong. Since they use the Shima hull as base the ship has the size and tonnage of many pre WWII CL. 

For modern times just take a look at the Chinese Type 055 DD.

[RKLES]
Members
7,552 posts
9,604 battles
46 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Wargaming often seems to be good at dropping in great Ranked ships in such a way that it forces players to spend cash if they want their odds of Rankng out to be higher.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
464 posts
19,429 battles

Sank Every Haragumo I came across with my Z-52 and Lo Yang last night. It is only as good as the person using it. Flamethrower for sure but definitely beatable. Also I will point out that I have one and I think its just okay. 

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,453 posts
14,005 battles

This ship will get torn to pieces in Ranked.....

As far as Randoms goes it is ok but very dependent on Smoke and Islands and if you are put into a position that requires any amount of agility.... good luck!

After each game in this ship I felt like I had played it twice as hard as I would have played a Radar Mino to get the same results.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[PT8TO]
Members
1,453 posts
14,005 battles
4 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Sank Every Haragumo I came across with my Z-52 and Lo Yang last night. It is only as good as the person using it. Flamethrower for sure but definitely beatable. Also I will point out that I have one and I think its just okay. 

I agree... If I want to sit in smoke or spam behind an island I have much better choices for that.

Ill have to say though the torps I felt really to me is where the potential is at for this ship.

[RKLES]
Members
7,552 posts
9,604 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Yeah that is why I am grinding Gearing instead at moment. Bigger problem in Ranked with Haragumo will be fear factor since players will be using the AFT skill and spamming fire from 10 guns, 3 second or better Reload, and 15km+ range. True they can be taken out, but how many of your random Ranked team mates will be willing to charge at one to do it? And then you still will have the radar issues. So then you have nice impasse created.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,959 posts
9,845 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Yea. Just like the Akizuki; Great if you are fighting someone who is a potato or busy fighting someone else. If the enemy pays attention to you, you are in for a bad time.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

I think Gummy will punish poor play but that's about it. A good DD captain should be able to take quite a bit of wind out of their sails. Push em, spot them, torp their smoke. 

I agree that it might work in the earlier ranks but I doubt it'll have the staying power to hang. Of course some will make it work, but I also feel there are better DD for ranked.

Members
19,041 posts
5,351 battles
2 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Nah, they'll save the buffs for the premium Russian captured version.....

[UEFN]
Members
480 posts
13,070 battles

Harugumo need to rely heavily on hiding in smoke to spam his HE, Z52 is going to be the perfect ship to counter it, just need to close in to pop smoke and hydro, you can see her but she can't see you, she'll be dead in seconds.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,959 posts
9,845 battles
59 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Harugumo need to rely heavily on hiding in smoke to spam his HE, Z52 is going to be the perfect ship to counter it, just need to close in to pop smoke and hydro, you can see her but she can't see you, she'll be dead in seconds.

Launch torps first. Then smoke and hydro after they have done their work. 

[TOG]
Members
2,821 posts
15,797 battles
40 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Only in Random can you get away with it. You better plan in Ranked to see a lot of Radar CA's. Smoking up and hiding is something when only you're sure no torps or radar is coming your way. Makes me think if going full gunboat build is workable in Ranked.

[PLPT]
Members
195 posts
9,162 battles

I spent less time in smoke, and more time using island cover. I find using it as a light cruiser suits it well so far.

It is slow and rather clumsy for a DD, combine that with no def aa, and it certainly has vulnerabilities. 

So, not advocating for a nerf, just saying it's a fun little boat, that in the right hands, is very dangerous. 

Edited by Zairinzan

[UEFN]
Members
480 posts
13,070 battles
7 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Launch torps first. Then smoke and hydro after they have done their work. 

absolutely, torps into smoke along with hydro or radar are effective in flushing out the Harugumo from smoke.

it's going to be interesting to see how the Khab do against her in a 1 on 1 duel.

[SIDE]
Members
1,605 posts
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

Me either. Torp reload bad. Turning bad. Going and stopping bad. Conceal not great. No toolbox. It’s fun in randoms when things go well but ranked is more coordinated. This thing lives a very hard life when spotted by planes or radar because it just can’t move like it needs to. I’d pick khab or z or shima or yy before this. If I need a gunboat it’s gonna be Wooster or mino. The are more flexible and/or lethal.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,959 posts
9,845 battles
4 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

absolutely, torps into smoke along with hydro or radar are effective in flushing out the Harugumo from smoke.

it's going to be interesting to see how the Khab do against her in a 1 on 1 duel.

My planned strategy is the same as fighting a USN DD; open the range so you can use your better gun arcs.