Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

French Collection: Worth the coal?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles

I'd like to start the French BB line, so I was looking over the French collection crates in the Arsenal. Now that they've been reduced in price, I have to ask if the commander is worth the cost, as I'm basically starting from zero. I know he comes with two special skills, but regular 10-point commanders will be earnable from the anniversary tokens (Dasha & Space commanders). 

As for the price, the French crates come with a single collection item, and there are 18 items in total. If I were extremely lucky and got no duplicates, I'm spending 20K coal. I seriously doubt I'll be that lucky, so it'll more than likely cost 25K or more.

I understand that the rewards also include 40 good camos (10 for completing each section), but that still seems like a hefty price. Are the special skills worth it?

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,131 posts
13,472 battles

Complete the collection then any duplicate is exchanged for credits. Yes the collections are worth it

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles
18 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I'd like to start the French BB line, so I was looking over the French collection crates in the Arsenal. Now that they've been reduced in price, I have to ask if the commander is worth the cost, as I'm basically starting from zero. I know he comes with two special skills, but regular 10-point commanders will be earnable from the anniversary tokens (Dasha & Space commanders). 

As for the price, the French crates come with a single collection item, and there are 18 items in total. If I were extremely lucky and got no duplicates, I'm spending 20K coal. I seriously doubt I'll be that lucky, so it'll more than likely cost 25K or more.

I understand that the rewards also include 40 good camos (10 for completing each section), but that still seems like a hefty price. Are the special skills worth it?

Not sure you have to buy all the crates Wiggle. I think if you buy one crate to get the collection going, there should be an option available to you to "Start Collecting" the items and you should start getting items in normal crates. I could be wrong but seems I read this in a thread or news release from Wargaming. Hold off spending coal on more than one crate until someone smarter than me can confirm this.

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,021 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure you have to buy all the crates Wiggle. I think if you buy one crate to get the collection going, there should be an option available to you to "Start Collecting" the items and you should start getting items in normal crates. I could be wrong but seems I read this in a thread or news release from Wargaming. Hold off spending coal on more than one crate until someone smarter than me can confirm this.

Nope you are correct. I was on Hiatus when the Yammy collection came out. A little while ago I bought one crate & got the collection started. Now I am getting a Yammy item about every other crate. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Thanks for the info. That would certainly be ideal. I'll wait a while for confirmation, but I wouldn't mind buying one set to see if it's a possibility.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles
2 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

Nope you are correct. I was on Hiatus when the Yammy collection came out. A little while ago I bought one crate & got the collection started. Now I am getting a Yammy item about every other crate. 

Ok thanks Mizzen. I thought I had read that but since I am old and my memory is crap so I have to rely on the still functioning brain cells of my fellow forum users!

[WOLF6]
Members
686 posts
3,933 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

The special collection items don’t drop in normal crates.  The only collections that drop in normal crates are the Yamamoto, Halsey, and High School Fleet collections.

all of the other collections you’ll have to get them from the special crates, i.e. you’ll have to buy French crates until you finish the collection to get the items.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/all-about-collections/

Edited by wtfovr
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles
16 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

The special collection items don’t drop in normal crates.  The only collections that drop in normal crates are the Yamamoto, Halsey, and High School Fleet collections.

all of the other collections you’ll have to get them from the special crates, i.e. you’ll have to buy French crates until you finish the collection to get the items.

Thank you for that info.

Since that's the case, I'm leaning towards earning one of the Dasha or Space captains and saving the coal.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles

I decided to go for it since it's only 5K coal for five crates and I accumulate that pretty quickly. You have to earn 150 Anniversary tokens at a rate of 8 tokens a crate to get a Space Captain or a Dasha, and they do not have some of the French captain's enhanced skills.

The French containers weren't worth it to me before, but now that they are less than half their former price and because I only wanted the collection items and not the camo they were giving, the value balance shifted for me and I decided to get that done.

Good luck with the Anniversary crates. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles
59 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

Thanks for correcting me Wtfovr, I guess remembering half of that stuff only makes me half stupid! 

Sign in to follow this