You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles

So I was going through the inventory last night, trashing base hulls and fire control etc., for money when I got down to the bottom of the inventory into the camouflage section (I didn't have the filters switched on). Right at the bottom, it shows you the permacamos... and there was one I never even realised I had - "Blaze", for the Wakatake. What? I said to myself, I had a permacamo all this time and never used it for the grind? Dumb fool me!

So I bought the Wakatake back and put it on, and sure enough it's a Steampunk Halloween skin! (With all the usual permacamo bonuses, of course.)

I can't remember if they gave this away for finishing the Halloween 2017 mission or I won it in some accidental fashion. Can anyone refresh my memory?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles

During last year's Halloween event you got crates for finishing the mission with 4 or 5 stars. Lots of us bought the crates as well, they were a good deal and you got doubloons for any of the alternate camos you already had. I think I bought five crates and got all the Steampunk and monster camos, they dropped quite frequently.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,630 posts
10,047 battles

If I recall correctly (and I probably don't), there was a small chance of receiving a Halloween camo in crates.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

If I recall correctly (and I probably don't), there was a small chance of receiving a Halloween camo in crates.

They dropped with good frequency. I got to thinking I may have bought 10 crates plus whatever ones you earned and got all the available camos and some doubloons as well for duplicates.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles

Excellent. This explains everything.

I know last year they repeated 2016's mission and then added the 2017 mission on top of that. If that's all they do this year, I should still be well pleased. (I have a 19 point captain now so I don't need the event as badly to mine elite captain XP, but it will still be nice to reap some more in a scenario where team damage is turned off.)

• Cool 1