Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Scharnhorst artic camo worth 4k doubloons?

20 comments in this topic

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
288 posts
7,995 battles

Its nice but not for that price, already had to buy the premium ship to begin with, if it had amazing bonuses id pick it up.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles

I agree, 4K gold is pretty steep just to decorate your ship. That's really all you're getting for your money, since the stock camo provides the same benefits. Hard to justify spending even more money on a ship I already bought.

Maybe they will go on sale someday, but even at half off, it's way too much... in my opinion, of course.

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Camo is fantastic but that 4k price is so high! maybe it will go on sale later on?

In answer to your question in the title, no it’s not worth spending gold on because the camo bonuses are exactly the same as the standard premium camo that comes with the ship. 

Still, the camo looks nice, so if you want to spend gold on eye candy, go for it. Just be aware that players with the Arctic camo might get focus fired on a bit more as people assume they are better/more experienced players. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
3,994 battles

I earned mine through the North Cape event, so I would say no, definitely not worth 4k gold. There is a better than even chance they will add the campaign or collection sooner rather than later, so I would wait. Unless of course you have the 4k just burning a hole in your account.

Edit: or as Kaga said, New Years. Whatever. it will likely be back for significantly less then 4k...

Edited by BBsquid

[4HIM]
Members
1,957 posts
4,786 battles

Yep. WAY too much for a camo that doesn't have any added bonus over what comes on the ship right out of the store.  Some of these are nice, but not 4k gold nice.

[SYJ]
Members
1,011 posts
2,260 battles

I've been waiting for this camo forever, but 4k doubloons for a ship I dont really use a while lot... no thank you 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,455 battles

I wonder while they put it up for 4k gold but sell the other camos for 750-1000 gold. It may have been worth it if it contains a extra freeXP bonus like the Tirpitz reward camo or the store camo for the PE that gives extra +20% credits.

[BUOY]
Members
226 posts
8,430 battles

Whether the Arctic camo is worth it is up to you in how much you're willing to spend for a purely aesthetic item as vs the other choices such as the included perma and/or the Special or Z-23 camos.

Personally, if I didn't have it already through the Winter Event I'd have been willing to pay the 1k doubloons they're selling the Special and Z-23 for, and maybe even 2k doubloons if it was on the '50% sale' those are at, but not the full price 4k doubloons...

Edited by lloyd1701

[ONE]
Members
268 posts
9,695 battles
6 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Camo is fantastic but that 4k price is so high! maybe it will go on sale later on?

I have mine through an op but it is certainly not something I would pay money for.

[ONE]
Members
575 posts
9,139 battles

The special camos for all ships are way too much. What is the point (really) to have major XP bonus for tier X ships? The special camos I have were all from ops.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts

The entire idea that people would pay extra for eyecandy, when you already have a camo for the ship, is why we can't have nice things.:Smile-_tongue:

And to the people claiming that they support the game...think about it. If you didn't waste all that money on eyecandy, WG might actually have to work on the game itself, and make it worth playing..:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
7 hours ago, BBsquid said:

There is a better than even chance they will add the campaign or collection sooner rather than later, so I would wait.

Yeah, this. I'm sure I heard something about the collection crates coming to the Arsenal. I was going to let it go since I don't have Duke of York, but a helpful soul reminded me that it also includes the Scharnhorst camo. I won't spend doubloons for eye candy, but I could be persuaded to spend coal.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

It's way overpriced.  I have one already due to a previous event but 4k doubloons for a Tier VII Camo is pretty steep.  4k Doubloons is what you'd pay for typical Tier IX Perma-Camo.

It's overpriced just like the French tri-color camo Richelieu had.

shot-18_02.28_08_03.18-0600.jpg.67679205

The artctic Scharnhorst camo is also pretty old, but being sold at high price due to the popularity of the ship.

Sign in to follow this