db4100

Tier 8 Match Making

10 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
647 posts
9,272 battles

Is WG listening to our complaints about tier 8 ships routinely and constantly be up-tiered by tier 10s?

Just to let you know WG, most of my fun tier 8 ships are being dedicated CO-OP ships because of your broken match maker.  I will gladly sacrifice a few minutes of my time to wait for a better match in match maker, than to waste 20 minutes in a game that is not enjoyable with tier 10s.  It is no longer fun being a T8 vs T10s.

Edited by db4100

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,322 battles
3 hours ago, db4100 said:

Is WG listening to our complaints about tier 8 ships routinely and constantly be up-tiered by tier 10s?

Just to let you know WG, most of my fun tier 8 ships are being dedicated CO-OP ships because of your broken match maker.  I will gladly sacrifice a few minutes of my time to wait for a better match in match maker, than to waste 20 minutes in a game that is not enjoyable with tier 10s.  It is no longer fun being a T8 vs T10s.

Well, if you're enjoying co-op, have fun with that. Personally, I find it ridiculously easy.

As for MM, learn to adapt. You can still pull your weight as a tier 8 in a tier 10 game if you play well. If you can't, then maybe it's time to drop down a few tiers until your proficiency improves, then move up in tier. This is just a general idea than specifically aimed at you.

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
647 posts
9,272 battles
39 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Well, if you're enjoying co-op, have fun with that. Personally, I find it ridiculously easy.

As for MM, learn to adapt. You can still pull your weight as a tier 8 in a tier 10 game if you play well. If you can't, then maybe it's time to drop down a few tiers until your proficiency improves, then move up in tier. This is just a general idea than specifically aimed at you.

You just don't get it.  Looking at your stats, of course not.  I find that those whom say tier 8 match maker is fine are usually really good players.  Those same "unicum" types will make the counter argument by saying "get gud", "adapt", etc .  Guess what?  You are in a very small minority.  Do you not see all the posts about the match maker for tier 8?   It is obviously broken.  All I ask is to see tier 10 ships 1/3 of the time with my tier 8 instead of the 3/4 of the time that it currently is.  Is that too much to ask?

Until then I WILL adapt and play my tier 8 ships in CO-OP until they eventually reach tier 9.  Wow, then at tier 9 match maker is magically fixed.  Tier 10 games are a completely different play style that are so passive and boring compared to tier 8.  One wrong move sends you to port in mere seconds.  More and more players like me are migrating to CO-OP at tier 8 (I know first hand because we all chat in CO-OP), and this will just exasperate the current match maker brokenness by having even less players at tier 8.  The eighth tier is the one to avoid....period.  Yeah, tier 5 has its problems, but you don't need over 160,000 xp to get to the next ship.  This broken matchmaker will persuade players to look for another game for "entertainment".  The hyper-awareness that T8 players have to use while battling T10s will eventually burn you out.....how is that making this game relaxing and entertaining?    

WG, what do we players have to do?  Have thousands of us simultaneously put in support tickets to fix the tier 8 match maker?  Hello WG, match maker is broken at tier 8....anyone there?  Hello?

[PVE]
Members
531 posts
4,645 battles

After grinding up to a few T10s I have gotten rather decent with my T8s in T10 MM, but I agree it is just not as fun as playing a T9 or a T10 in T10 MM.

I also take my T8 premiums into COOP almost exclusively which means that I almost never play them. This also means that I don't buy T8 premiums any more, I learned my lesson. T8s are simply not worth it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles
9 minutes ago, db4100 said:

WG, what do we players have to do?  Have thousands of us simultaneously put in support tickets to fix the tier 8 match maker?  Hello WG, match maker is broken at tier 8....anyone there?  Hello?

About half the forum posters like MM the way it is. The other half of us do not and I can only assume all forum posters as a group, are representative of the entire player base even though there is nothing definitive that supports that assertion. Anyways we are split about 50/50. The question of +2/-2 has been put to Wargaming many times and finally during a Q&A session they addressed it by saying that they saw no problem with matchmaking and had no plans to change it. Course a few months later they tweaked MM in a way I still don't understand and that tells me that there was a problem so, whatever.. I have posted many times about how I deal with being at the bottom of the food chain in my tier 8s, I think even earlier in this thread somewhere. Playing co-op with most ships at tier 8 can be a credit drain without premium time and/or signal flags. Normally what I do is just go into PvP and shoot at the highest tier ship I can find, cause a bit of damage and win or lose I profit. Course I don't care about stats or the like, some players do. The month long daily missions have changed that for me because to complete them, you have to have a win to advance. Since I am average to below average I decided to avoid PvP play because I didn't want to have to play twice as many games. In PvE it is almost a guaranteed win every game so just figured I would endure low to no credit income and get the missions done. Course I have a half billion credits built up so I can afford to lose a few thousand a game for a very long time.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,762 posts
7,686 battles

Tier 8 ships have it the worst and that’s why I rarely play them any more even though some were my favorite ships

MM in a tier Vlll gives you exposure to tier X ships making you want one and spending $ to get there ... whiich fills Wows coffers..

that’s the point !$

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,322 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

You just don't get it.  Looking at your stats, of course not.  I find that those whom say tier 8 match maker is fine are usually really good players.  Those same "unicum" types will make the counter argument by saying "get gud", "adapt", etc .  Guess what?  You are in a very small minority.  Do you not see all the posts about the match maker for tier 8?   It is obviously broken.  All I ask is to see tier 10 ships 1/3 of the time with my tier 8 instead of the 3/4 of the time that it currently is.  Is that too much to ask?

Until then I WILL adapt and play my tier 8 ships in CO-OP until they eventually reach tier 9.  Wow, then at tier 9 match maker is magically fixed.  Tier 10 games are a completely different play style that are so passive and boring compared to tier 8.  One wrong move sends you to port in mere seconds.  More and more players like me are migrating to CO-OP at tier 8 (I know first hand because we all chat in CO-OP), and this will just exasperate the current match maker brokenness by having even less players at tier 8.  The eighth tier is the one to avoid....period.  Yeah, tier 5 has its problems, but you don't need over 160,000 xp to get to the next ship.  This broken matchmaker will persuade players to look for another game for "entertainment".  The hyper-awareness that T8 players have to use while battling T10s will eventually burn you out.....how is that making this game relaxing and entertaining?    

People have been complaining about the MM forever, not just in wows but also wot. It's not going to change. Your doom and gloom prophecy of less players flies against the actuality of players seen in both WG titles.

Also, you're not taking into account all the players grinding out the T10 legendary mods. There are many more players playing T10 now as there were in the past, meaning if you're playing at T8, you have a much higher chance of being placed into a T10 match. As more players reach their goals of acquiring the legendary mods, you should find more of a balance throughout the tiers.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles
3 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

People have been complaining about the MM forever, not just in wows but also wot. It's not going to change. Your doom and gloom prophecy of less players flies against the actuality of players seen in both WG titles.

Also, you're not taking into account all the players grinding out the T10 legendary mods. There are many more players playing T10 now as there were in the past, meaning if you're playing at T8, you have a much higher chance of being placed into a T10 match. As more players reach their goals of acquiring the legendary mods, you should find more of a balance throughout the tiers.

If there are that many players using tier 10s, what do they need with tier 8 ships to fill up teams?

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,322 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

If there are that many players using tier 10s, what do they need with tier 8 ships to fill up teams?

They don't. I usually see a DD, maybe 2 cruisers, and 1 BB(all T8) MAX, which isn't too bad. Mostly it's all T10 with a few tier 8 or 9 mixed in.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles
5 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

They don't. I usually see a DD, maybe 2 cruisers, and 1 BB(all T8) MAX, which isn't too bad. Mostly it's all T10 with a few tier 8 or 9 mixed in.

It has been my experience playing tier 8 that there are only one or two of us on each team. Seems if there are herds of players in tier 10s grinding modules, there would be no need to fill in any gaps in the teams with low tier ships..... Better yet, dump 12 player teams and go 10 to a side. That should lighten the load for the poor overworked matchmaking program...