You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
digger52

The Stalingrad

167 comments in this topic

[TRW]
Beta Testers
53 posts
12,947 battles

I Know its early days, and im likely to get slammed for this view but it seems to me that the Stalingrad is so overpowered , it will break Ranked Battles at Tier 10.

My experience so far , I have gone up against a stalingrad on the other team 6 games now.

All have been victories to the other team and the Stalingrad has been at the top of the other teams performance.

One battle I was on the other flank in my worchester, we cleared that flank , 2 kills 110,00 damage and I then noticed the stalingrad on the other flank had cleaned up 5 ships ( yes a kraken), then as I went down swinging he killed another for 6 kills.

The last battle  before I gave up in tier 10 for the day, a division of stalingrads ( 2 ships) basically took on and slaughtered a gearing, 2 tirpitzes , myself in a Salem and a henry V. Their team won with only 1 ship lost and the 2 stalingrads were top of the list in performance and still both at over half health despite both  tirpitzes flinging AP at them as well as HE from myself and the Henry..

Now i know that each stalingrad will have a very good player driving it as you need to have been a very high performer in ranked to have one but what ive seen worries me greatly. Can you imagine a 7 vs 7 in ranked where the 2 cruisers on the other team are stalingrads.

I wonder whether someone who owns a Stalingrad could comment because it may just be a bad day, but I dont usually comment on the forums, just read but have seen little commented about this ship. Im sure we dont want another Belfast disaster.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
373 posts
4,889 battles

CCs didnt get a chance to knock out a review of Stalinium before it became available 

I can, off hand, think of two reasons for that. But consider- you've just primed the pump for more people to grab the ship before a review comes out with your bloody description of the two actions. Heck, I want one and know darn well I couldn't play it to the best of my ability.

[UNBRI]
Members
11 posts
13,020 battles

Good players and you having a bad day.  I have been in two battles against the Stalingrad and their team lost both times.  Also in the first game the Stalingrad was the second ship sunk on their side.  Good ship maybe a little OP but once you learn its weak spots they will go down just like every other ship.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KSC]
[KSC]
Members
212 posts
8,211 battles

Stalingrad is basically a Bigger Moskva with a different type of gun. yes its Gun is bigger and Higher DMG... but it also has a longer reload,

Her armor is the as Moskva, same Radar, Same everything aside from being a Easier to hit target but also hitting harder.

Edited out the Harugumo part for a later post.

Edited by Admiral_Reeves
  • Bad 2

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,198 posts
4,722 battles

From what I have seen, the Stalingrad is the exact definition of Russian Bias. This ship shouldn't even be a cruiser. I took on one in my Montana and gave up shooting at it because I couldn't damage it. It bounced every single AP shell I threw at it. I shot at it 5-7 times, for a total of 0 damage. 

It's going to break ranked battles easily. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles

Stalingrad's massive HP pool and AP make her a pain for BBs to 1v1.

That said, it's rather vulnerable to secondaries even bow-in. Hammered one earlier in GK with mine before going down, did almost 8k just from the secondaries and he was bow-in.

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles

If it is anything like Moskva then I can tell you the Stalingrad will have couple of weaknesses, Yamato and Republique, but only if the BB players are good. If the BBs are poorly skilled then Moskva or from the sound of it Stalingrad with beat them. Learned this from Clan Battles, Lol the Moskva gun’s hit harder than I had anticipated in a battle and it was unpleasant. But if you know about those Russian CAs then they can be countered well enough.

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2.65 sigma, just :Smile_teethhappy:

Worst accuracy of all T10 cruisers. 2.65 sigma and GS dispersion is just a weird way of giving that to her. Overall my impression of the ship is that it simply exaggerates all of Moskva's traits. It can wreck any cruiser with AP if it can see it, and has a massive pile of HP making it hard to kill until it makes a mistake. The ship will suffer from its huge detectability and glacial maneuverability making it static in practice(forced to face enemy battleships), if the team is able to push around it then all of those HP will be up for grabs.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
33 posts
382 battles

Stalingrads tend to end up on top of the team score not really because of the ship, but because of the people playing it. The people who have Stalingrad tend to be good at the game. 

• Cool 1

[TRW]
Beta Testers
53 posts
12,947 battles

I hear all these comments around accuracy but in actual game the ones ive seen have been accurate enough. I forgot to mention I saw one go head to head with a Yamato and easily win firing AP, perhaps the Yamato driver was inexperienced. What id like to hear is from a Stalingrad owner how they are tracking, as you say could be a bad day. The problem is that most of us dont have access to the ship to even be able to understand its weaknesses/

[808]
Supertester
257 posts
5,558 battles

I have had the same experience with seeing the ship outperform everything in its class.

Take an OP ship and only give it too the best players in the game...

In a game that has a fraction of the playerbase of another ship game coming out.

I truly hope they reconsider this decision.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles

Good developers know not to wreck the balance of their own game. Stalingrad is a ship with various buffs to knock out weaknesses not to armor. The new special def aa consumable for instance on it an unneeded buff. 2.65 sigma on 305mm gums just plain stupid it’s like your completely ignoring the train wreck that world of tanks is which completely dipped into the Russian bias pool. Way to take the fun out of the game by wrecking any semblance of balance. Overpowered Russian tanks now overpowered Russian “Cruiser.” Available for everyone they said yet they stretch it and give us Steel only in rare containers with an even rarer chance of dropping it. Available in clan wars and ranked. Normally 3-4 ranked seasons and low steel payouts. Steel should be a Available in hard to beat challenge missions then you can say it is available for everyone as half of the ranked season is locked for those not having a tier 10 ship. I guess we are all just forgetting about the prior letdowns Wargaming left us with. World of Tanks is flatlining for NA in a slow dieoff that’s why no more California office a lot of hard working people lost their jobs due to poor balancing decisions on the developers part and people seeing through it and spending less $.

Now why are you repeating the same mistake Wargaming ? People better not let them continue to wreck this game speak up people it’s your money and your descision to buy their products. Like a stock on the stock market it is now a hold and not a buy for me due to the poor business decisions made over the past few years. I put over 7,000 battles into World of Tanks and stopped playing when Wargaming decided to throw out balance with Object 262 and other Tanks. Now I may have to stop playing world of warships if the game, becomes Op Russian ships vs everyoneelse. It’s like a dog came, and crapped on the game itself,the second Aresenal came into being and the Stalingrad along with it. What happens is simple, more Tier 9 and Tier 10 premiums wrecking the balance of world of warships while making tech tree tier 10’s less valuable. The goal of a lot of players, grab the shiny tech tree tier 10 then they find out “ohh what’s that a Stalingrad coming in to break your will to keep grinding when you thrown in at tier 8.” What games should do is keep balance and offer cosmetic rewards to the highly skilled player like Overwatch does. Copper and Moldyium were the only resources that should have happened and coal. Ranked could have stayed exactly as it was , and so could have clan battles and Stalingrad could have just been a Coal ship with a higher price tag on it. Steel was not needed, or wanted giving exclusive ships could have gone on with the prior flag system. When you as a company say your product “Stalingrad is going to be availablefor everyone”make it so, or say Stalingrad is a new tier 10 ranked reward for 12 wins of rank 1 in ranked battles. It won’t stop with Stalingrad Mark my words balance will be thrown in favor of greed. I have an end goal in mind and will finish it this year, then I will stick to playing a few games for fun and not mindless grinding as I have down be that enough.

signed,

a closed beta world of warships player and avid world of tanks player clocking in over 10,000 battles in world of tanks and world of warships. Whom has bought a lot of Premium tanks,ships, and premium time.

Landedkiller Wondering where the common sense business people in Wargaming are?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Members
579 posts
3,139 battles
1 hour ago, mustangman6579 said:

From what I have seen, the Stalingrad is the exact definition of Russian Bias. This ship shouldn't even be a cruiser. I took on one in my Montana and gave up shooting at it because I couldn't damage it. It bounced every single AP shell I threw at it. I shot at it 5-7 times, for a total of 0 damage. 

It's going to break ranked battles easily. 

Shoot the upper nose. Failing that just send AP into the superstructure.

Saw one first game I played. AP bombs sent it to the bottom.

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles

Queue “Mr.Downvoter” please explain your counter argument or your just another troll. Honestly would like to see your take on things. Is there something I am not aware of that I should know about?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

Members
241 posts
11 battles

What you are describing is just what always happens when very good players division up together. No matter what ships they play. #ConfirmationBias

And sigma does not describe the accuracy, it just describes how consistent the ship is with its given dispersion. Moskva is still way more accurate, especially with the Legendary Upgrade. 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl
  • Cool 1

[5D3]
1,198 posts
4,722 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

Shoot the upper nose. Failing that just send AP into the superstructure.

Saw one first game I played. AP bombs sent it to the bottom.

with the no less than 5 salvos i fired at it. i already tried that. by the last salvo, i was a pretty good distance away and even my dropping shells did nothing. 

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,540 battles

I deleted one in my Yamato Perfectly fine...?

4 Citadels took care of him pretty quick...

Yeah it's OP as heck, but it also seems to be because the only people who have it right now are either really good at the game or Supertesters and CC's who to keep the ship.  So it would make sense to see it performing very well.

Let's give it a little more time, and see as the average person gets the ship, how it performs. We may find that in the hands of us mere mortals, just like the Missouri, it's all dependent on the Captain commanding her. 

But YFMV.

The one I had in aforementioned game in my Yamato pulled a Notser, and I promptly sent him to the bottom of the ocean...

Edited by ccsprague46
Added some more of my thoughts.

[MIA-A]
2,073 posts
7,882 battles

Stalingrad might as well just be a gun sidegrade to the Moskva. People just b*tch about it because they see big numbers appear on the screen, but Moskva does almost as much with half the reload and is a hell of a lot more accurate. DPM will always be important. Stalingrad is balanced just fine as it is, it's a Moskva that's slightly more BB and slightly less cruiser. Doesn't beat out the Moskva in damage dealing, doesn't beat out battleships in raw alpha strike potential. The survivability is just fine too, it isn't all that much better than Moskva but enough to counteract the small difference in maneuverability and stealth. The addition of DF is a must seeing as how cruisers are the juiciest targets for Midways, and this is the biggest and juiciest one around.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[5D3]
1,198 posts
4,722 battles
34 minutes ago, ccsprague46 said:

Let's give it a little more time, and see as the average person gets the ship, how it performs. 

You do realize this can't happen right? As it's an elite reward. 

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,540 battles
Just now, mustangman6579 said:

You do realize this can't happen right? As it's an elite reward. 

Sorry, let me be more clear.

Eventually, the average person with enough perseverance will get their hands on her. 

Remember how Missouri was out of reach for quite sometime? Now she's a fairly common sight in battles.

• Cool 1

Members
241 posts
11 battles
24 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Stalingrad might as well just be a gun sidegrade to the Moskva. People just b*tch about it because they see big numbers appear on the screen, but Moskva does almost as much with half the reload and is a hell of a lot more accurate. DPM will always be important. Stalingrad is balanced just fine as it is, it's a Moskva that's slightly more BB and slightly less cruiser. Doesn't beat out the Moskva in damage dealing, doesn't beat out battleships in raw alpha strike potential.

Legendary Moskva even has 25% less dispersion.