You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thamelas

Go Navy Rip Off

95 comments in this topic

[WSU]
Members
20 posts
7,594 battles

I was saving my tokens; about 60 Shark and 55 Eagles. I had bought some Navy chests in the premium shop with American effin dollars. Now I log in and poof they are gone. I received NO warning to spend them or lose them. Now I want a refund or some compensation beyond a few silver which I can easily earn with my ships. I am beyond pissed off! I WANT MY MONEY BACK, OR I WANT A EAGLES PATCH AND NAVY CHESTS.

Edited by Thamelas
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 8

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
639 posts
1,223 battles

Bummer.

WG made it absolutely clear, from the very first day of the event, that the tokens would be converted when 7.8 dropped.

Good luck with that refund.

• Cool 4

Members
0 posts
4 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

I was saving my tokens; about 60 Shark and 55 Eagles. I had bought some Navy chests in the premium shop with American effin dollars. Now I log in and poof they are gone. I received NO warning to spend them or lose them. Now I want a refund or some compensation beyond a few silver which I can easily earn with my ships. I am beyond pissed off! I WANT MY MONEY BACK, OR I WANT A EAGLES PATCH AND NAVY CHESTS.

not like you could get anything decent with those anyways besides crates. Why would you not spend them on the last day of the event?

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,743 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Reading is OP!

Seriously you have like 6 posts total and every one of them is a whine post.......

Whiners are better than trolls. At least the players would get to know things which they never thought about. After seeing this post many would make sure to read end dates of events (still many don't know that events ends early morning at least in PT)

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, Thamelas said:

There was notification in game when the event would end. 

Khrlmpm.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

After the release of update 0.7.8, the remaining team tokens will be converted to credits at a rate of 50,000 credits per token.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-078-wows-birthday/

Be mindful that with the release of Update 0.7.8 the "Go Navy!" category will no longer be available in the game. All Sharks and Eagles tokens from the previous patch will be exchanged for credits at a rate of 1:50,000. A bit more reasonable than just leaving them to clutter your accounts, wouldn’t you say?

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
977 posts
7,858 battles

People always going to complain.....

They never pay attention to the details, and when they get caught out, it's someone else's fault 

mZ4.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles

I feel for you.  At least you got a bunch of credits.  There were also several threads on Monday and Tuesday about the deadline and spending tokens..

[ABCD3]
Members
98 posts
4,012 battles

Honestly, they gave a fair final warning.   

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
9 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I feel for you.  At least you got a bunch of credits.  There were also several threads on Monday and Tuesday about the deadline and spending tokens..

I've been responding to posts for two weeks about when the Go Navy event ends in various threads.

• Cool 3

[WSU]
Members
20 posts
7,594 battles

News flash to all of you. I don't come here to the forum to spend hours upon end reading. I work full time, and I play the game with what little time I have.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

News flash to all of you. I don't come here to the forum to spend hours upon end reading. I work full time, and I play the game with what little time I have.

You didn't have to come to the forum and/or go to worldofwarships.com. The news articles linked below also appeared in game in the news section. Not to mention the end date when you hovered over the Go Navy Team you were on.

50 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There was notification in game when the event would end. 

Khrlmpm.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

After the release of update 0.7.8, the remaining team tokens will be converted to credits at a rate of 50,000 credits per token.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-078-wows-birthday/

Be mindful that with the release of Update 0.7.8 the "Go Navy!" category will no longer be available in the game. All Sharks and Eagles tokens from the previous patch will be exchanged for credits at a rate of 1:50,000. A bit more reasonable than just leaving them to clutter your accounts, wouldn’t you say?

• Cool 1

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
361 posts
9,371 battles

Sorry pal your not getting anything. You should have read the numerous articles that were put out telling you to use them or lose them. Too bad sucka. ROFL I knew this post was going to happen.

Most players have a day job. They still keep up to date. Might wanna take the extra effort if you care so much. We all know thats not going to happen. Easier to just blame someone else. Ahh the American lifestyle.

Edited by MackDye

Members
855 posts
3,733 battles

Let this be a life lesson on the importance of reading. The I didn't see a speed limit sign isn't going to save your hide from a ticket either....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Thamelas said:

1. You should have read the changelogs and paid attention to the dates
2. What difference would American Dollars make? You could pay in Vietnamese Dong, or Albanian Lek and it would still be the same problem.

[O_O]
Members
4,630 posts
10,047 battles

What a cute little temper tantrum!

Unfortunately, you have no one but yourself to blame.  The "NO warning" you speak of was actually quite well announced...on this forum in which you are taking time to vent on, on the game website where the event was explained, and in game.   You demand compensation.  Well, here you go :Smile_medal:

That's about all you are going to get. 

If it was that important to you, you should have paid better attention to the event parameters.  They were not a secret.

It isn't my intent to kick you when you are down, but your childish fit is...well...childish.  You made the error.  Own it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,751 battles

Why would you buy chests with American effin dollars and not then open them? What was your point in holding on to them?

Also are American effin dollars worth more than the regular kind?

• Funny 3

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
308 posts
12,760 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Bummer.

WG made it absolutely clear, from the very first day of the event, that the tokens would be converted when 7.8 dropped.

Good luck with that refund.

The point is there was NO ETA for when the patch would drop.    Players only had about a 24 hour window from receiving the last tokens, before it was too late.   That is ridiculous.  Plenty of people will have got 50 tokens at the very last reset, and had no time to spend them.    If WG had published a PATCH DATE, you know, like normal companies do.

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
308 posts
12,760 battles
2 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

not like you could get anything decent with those anyways besides crates. Why would you not spend them on the last day of the event?

The many players who were affected could have bought camo's, which are far more useful to many players than credits.

"Why would you not spend them on the last day of the event?"

Because players didn't get the last of their tokens till AFTER the last day of the event.  There was a TINY window of time before the patch dropped.  

All you  folks responding with 'read the end of date info', have failed to comprehend.   People received tokens at the END of the event, at the server reset,  you can't spend them before receiving them. 

Saying 'you should have known you had to do it before the patch', misses the point.  We didn't know WHEN the patch was arriving. 

ritastatusreport even has a warning up for EU players so they don't suffer the same fate as NA players.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, arrrgh said:

The point is there was NO ETA for when the patch would drop.    Players only had about a 24 hour window from receiving the last tokens, before it was too late.   That is ridiculous.  Plenty of people will have got 50 tokens at the very last reset, and had no time to spend them.    If WG had published a PATCH DATE, you know, like normal companies do.

They have. Since patch 7.6, the patches on are a four week cycle as publicly posted by WG. Not to mention that part two of the PTS for patch 7.8 was finished a week earlier.

FYI, just so you know when to expect the patches to drop.

Patch 7.9  Sep 19th

Patch 7.10 Oct 17th

Patch 7.11 Nov 14th

Patch 7.12 Dec 12th

Patch 8.0 Jan 9th

etc

etc

etc

until further notice

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
308 posts
12,760 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They have. Since patch 7.6, the patches on are a four week cycle as publicly posted by WG. Not to mention that part two of the PTS for patch 7.8 was finished a week earlier.

FYI, just so you know when to expect the patches to drop.

Patch 7.9  Sep 19th

Patch 7.10 Oct 17th

Patch 7.11 Nov 14th

Patch 7.12 Dec 12th

Patch 8.0 Jan 9th

etc

etc

etc

until further notice

What % of players do you think know there is a 4 week cycle?    What, software patches are always on an exact cycle? Its  a silly thing to assume people will know.    WOT publishes patch dates 1-2 weeks ahead of time.    They don't announce then drop a patch within 24 hours, on the basis that 'people should have just known'

" 5,752 posts "
" 6,390 battles "

You apparently spend as much time on the forums as actually playing.     99% of players don't do that.  Something that is obvious to you, is not obvious to normal players.

[INTEL]
Members
8,839 posts
26,335 battles
17 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Let this be a life lesson on the importance of reading. The I didn't see a speed limit sign isn't going to save your hide from a ticket either....

...and on the importance of asking others when you're not clear on things. People here always happy to help with honest questions.