You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USAPatriotGamer

Jolly Roger flag reward removal after season 10 of ranked

13 comments in this topic

Members
46 posts
10,273 battles

image.thumb.png.401fc0e9d2544d55b82977954fa44d1c.png

From someone who has played multiple seasons of ranked and never made it to rank one, I'm sad by this and I'm sure others as well. I really like and I want it. If I were to make it to rank one this season, I think that the Jolly Roger flag that's being awarded isn't as nice looking as the original one from the past seasons in my opinion.

image.png.6e042b7a892e4ca7fb198914b1707785.png

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not one of the players who keep complaining every day, demand a full refund, and rage quit WOWs completely. However, I do wish that WG would have kept it as an award combined with the new ones, or at least making a new way for me and other to get the flag. I don't see anything wrong with doing that. Nothing against the new awards but If you ask me, nothing could replace the classic Jolly Roger flag.

Also, before someone brings it up, flag mods don't make the cut for me(maybe for others). sorry.

Edited by USAPatriotGamer
  • Cool 3

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
897 posts
5,313 battles

I agree the first time you rank out you should receive the flag. It's a nice badge of honor.

• Cool 1

Members
46 posts
10,273 battles
2 minutes ago, Famous_and_Historical said:

The one in the OP might be the jolly roger ix or whatever. Anyway, I really want a classic jolly roger to fly from my Kidd. I'm using the corgi flag that looks like @ExploratorOne profile pic, but it's not very intimidating

It might be Jolly Roger ix but idk. Also, I never got that corgi pirate flag from the last event. Even when I got not only my first corgi kill but three corgi kills I still never got it for some reason. And even when Niko said winners would get them but I'm going off topic.

[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

There is 0 reason to remove it. Its a warship game, who DOESNT ant a jolly rodger flag? There is nothing wrong with steel and a flag

[O_O]
Members
4,629 posts
10,034 battles

I had not noticed WG was removing the JR for reaching Rank 1.

I have never reached Rank 1, and likely never will.  Still, I think WG deserves one of these for this decision, which makes little sense:     nqH8Xme.jpg

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
972 posts
3,904 battles

I would like to hear WG's reasoning for doing something so pointless.  It's like the had a "how can we annoy our player base this week" meeting, and this is what they came up with.  

• Cool 3

Members
0 posts
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I would like to hear WG's reasoning for doing something so pointless.  It's like the had a "how can we annoy our player base this week" meeting, and this is what they came up with.  

WG doesn't employ reasoning. They just make up random crapas they go along.

[2347]
Members
186 posts
5,420 battles

Wargaming seems in the habit of fixing things that aren't broken. I don't know if I'd ever be able to rank out, but getting a Jolly Roger certainly adds incentive for me to try. So yeah, fix something that's so simple it actually works as intended? The little things matter, comrades, sometimes more than you might expect.

Members
31 posts
9,622 battles

This pisses me off. I was making an effort to get a real Jolly Roger. Not this ugly design. Why cant there by different flags for the more times you get to rank 1?

Members
4,011 posts
14,850 battles

Hell, the only reason that I've ever played ranked is the hope of getting that Jolly Roger. No motivation to do so now. (The tier 10 Ranked TWICE IN A ROW is a de-motivating factor in season 10)

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles

Okay using the logical reasoning in me it must be in the form of a patch or a unique resource if it is not to be a flag. Seeing as past events have awarded unique patches I see them going for this. The other possibility is Saltpeter being added as a currency like Copper and Moldyenium to get exclusive ranked or clan patches which I am sure most would find really silly as we didn’t want patches in the first place. Many wanted insignia on the side of their ship instead like tanks I would think. Yes, Saltpeter is still in the game files Sea-group.org found it should be on their post about 7.8.