You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

Reduced Cost To Tier Up Conspiracy Theory

9 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,734 battles

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but it dawned on me a short while ago....with the reduced cost in XP and credits to upgrade from T1 to T6, and the reduced cost of XP but NOT credits to research modules of those ships, you know what is going to happen? New players to the game quickly getting to T6 without the accumulation of credits they might have gained previously having the longer grinds at lower tier play. So going up from T6 they're going to be more cash strapped and more inclined to look for a way to get those credits, via buying doubloons or premium ships to credit grind.

Same thing would apply for captain XP....less time grinding at the lower levels you're going to end up at T6 without the same level captain you'd have had before.

Not that there is anything wrong with it...WG is a company looking to make money. But the thought dawned on me and I thought I'd share.

• Funny 1

[A-RQL]
Members
174 posts
8,843 battles

There's a fine line between "conspiracy" and "clever marketing", I tend towards the latter on this one. 

• Cool 3

[HIT]
Members
77 posts
6,335 battles

From a game play standpoint I don’t like it. Newer players need more time spent learning at lower tiers. And now when they get to tier 6 it’ll seem a LOT grindier.

Meanwhile more experienced players have the flags and camo to breeze through these tiers. Especially since they get higher scores to begin with.

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

From a game play standpoint I don’t like it. Newer players need more time spent learning at lower tiers. And now when they get to tier 6 it’ll seem a LOT grindier.

Meanwhile more experienced players have the flags and camo to breeze through these tiers. Especially since they get higher scores to begin with.

Unless WG has been getting complaints about the grind from the exit surveys of new players leaving. WG gets a lot of info from players who never come here to the forum, so we don't know exactly why they are lowering the cost to get to T6. It could be to try and get more players to buy premium time, we just don't know.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,734 battles
12 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

That's a very good point as well.

And yeah it's definitely more of a marketing thing than a conspiracy theory...bad job by me on the title.

[LHG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,130 battles

I suspect that WG wants new players to get fully kitted T5s and T6s more easily so that they might have a fighting chance when uptiered and/or that they spend less time in those tiers in total.

Members
1,759 posts
3,775 battles
1 hour ago, HQ_21 said:

I actually kinda disagree with this.  The problem is that the gameplay changes every couple of tiers so while the basics of what you are going are the same,  the overall flow of the game is different.  I think getting to the mid-tiers faster might be better,  it might help circumnavigate some of the bad habits that get cemented into the lower tiers.  Course gameplay changes AGAIN at T8 so...might be a wash either way.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles

Or...They need more T5 & T6 players so the T7 & T8 players don't complain about being uptiered so much...