You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MasterDiggs

T-61 vs other T6s

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
532 posts
4,673 battles

What are your thoughts on the T-61, why are you buying or not buying it?

Looking at the T-61, it looks close to the Anshan in a few areas. Their torpedoes have the same range and their reload and damage are similar enough for my taste.

For the guns, the T-61 has a higher ROF but the Anshan has higher shell velocity so I will likely land a higher percentage of my shots with Anshan so it would probably equal out for me.

Concealment is also only .2k different between them.

I already have the Anshan so I am thinking that the T-61 is not different enough to be worth buying. I already have the Z-39 so I don't need a KM boat.

[4HIM]
Members
1,956 posts
4,786 battles

Biggest thing for the T-61 is the great torp reload.  Something like 61 seconds stock.  With TAE and AR it can get down to stupid levels.  

[O_O]
Members
4,630 posts
10,047 battles

I didn't buy Z-39, partially because I was waiting for the much-hyped T-61.  So, I was ready for a KM premium DD.  Plus, at tier 6 it was pretty reasonably priced.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
309 posts
5,379 battles
18 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Biggest thing for the T-61 is the great torp reload.  Something like 61 seconds stock.  With TAE and AR it can get down to stupid levels.  

It’s 61 seconds with TAE

Edited by gmrbull

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I've played against many T61's and I don't consider them a bigger threat then any other tier 6. Maybe becuase they are so new that the majority of players haven't figured out how to play them at thier max. I played my Gaede like Flambass said they should be played and it was quite successfull. So I think the community need more experience in it. 

Edited by Sped_Gax

[WOLF6]
Members
1,998 posts
5,019 battles
1 hour ago, MasterDiggs said:

Looking at the T-61, it looks close to the Anshan in a few areas. Their torpedoes have the same range and their reload and damage are similar enough for my taste.

For the guns, the T-61 has a higher ROF but the Anshan has higher shell velocity so I will likely land a higher percentage of my shots with Anshan so it would probably equal out for me.

I already have the Anshan so I am thinking that the T-61 is not different enough to be worth buying. I already have the Z-39 so I don't need a KM boat.

Turret traverse is faster in t-61, detection is lower, too. And of course, torp reload is 10 seconds faster and there are two more of them. I have both as well, training two captains.

Beta Testers
89 posts
4,450 battles
6 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Turret traverse is faster in t-61, detection is lower, too. And of course, torp reload is 10 seconds faster and there are two more of them. I have both as well, training two captains.

At this point, I would probably prefer the T-61 to the Sims in a T7 match. Power creep at its finest

[WOLF6]
Members
1,998 posts
5,019 battles
1 minute ago, Famous_and_Historical said:

At this point, I would probably prefer the T-61 to the Sims in a T7 match. Power creep at its finest

I have both, like both, and would take the Sims. There's no good reason I excel in that boat, but I do...each his own, I guess.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
6,629 battles

I far prefer the T-61 over the Anshan.  Guns are more responsive.  Torps reload faster.  I'm not sure it's a Z-52 at tier 6, but it's pretty darn good.  It's one of the better premiums I've picked in quite a while.  

Members
240 posts
12,845 battles
4 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Show me the other Tier 6 Destroyer that can do this ...

shot-18_08.17_20_47.30-0088.thumb.jpg.e16f47e916d4a2f636a23ed0fb8b7153.jpg

Yes, that is the highest damage round for the T-61 on the NA server ...

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3764270896,T-61/?order=max_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan

Members
4,013 posts
14,864 battles
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, Capt_Binkley said:

I far prefer the T-61 over the Anshan.  Guns are more responsive.  Torps reload faster.  I'm not sure it's a Z-52 at tier 6, but it's pretty darn good.  It's one of the better premiums I've picked in quite a while.  

Same here. At tier 6 I have Anshan, Gallant, Aigle, and Monaghan (B hull) and while those are all good botes, I consider T-61 to be the best of the lot. T-61's guns are kinda sub-par compared to the others but her fast hard hitting torpedoes and fast torpedo reload make up for that. She also uptiers better than those others do.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, MasterDiggs said:

I already have the Anshan so I am thinking that the T-61 is not different enough to be worth buying.

Anshan's good but her glacial turret traverse makes her excellent guns almost worthless. While T-61's guns are somewhat marginal compared to Anshan's, you can get them on target on the same day that you spotted it.

• Cool 1

[FATE]
Members
49 posts
7,834 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 11:21 PM, BigJohnsonLogan said:

Show me the other Tier 6 Destroyer that can do this ...

shot-18_08.17_20_47.30-0088.thumb.jpg.e16f47e916d4a2f636a23ed0fb8b7153.jpg

Yes, that is the highest damage round for the T-61 on the NA server ...

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3764270896,T-61/?order=max_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

I had a 178k game in it earlier, and I'm a 53%ish player.  That was in my 12th game in it.

It's ridiculously better than the Gaede.  68 sec vs 90 sec torp reload on the same torps.  1.1 sec faster reload on the 128mm.  6.1 vs 6.6km detection.  600m vs 690m turning radius.

So what do you give up for roughly 25% better torp reload, 12% better gun reload, 8% better concealment, and 13% better maneuverability?

About 1.5 knots and 1400 HP....

Yeah, this thing is broken.  Buy it before it goes the way of the Belfast.

[DRACS]
Members
3,637 posts

Overall, T-61 is definitely at the top of the list. Farragut may have better gun DPM, Fubuki might have better torps, and Hatsu may have better concealment ... but the T-61 is pretty much second best in all those categories and this makes it a very strong jack of all trades with no actual weaknesses other than poor AA (which is the case for all non-USN DDs).

[WOLF6]
Members
1,998 posts
5,019 battles
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, ZARDOZ_II said:

Actually, it's 61 sec with captain skills. 6.1 detect though, which is good but not best. 

Edited by Thornir

Members
1,881 posts
10,374 battles
On 8/22/2018 at 8:38 PM, _Gax_ said:

I've played against many T61's and I don't consider them a bigger threat then any other tier 6. Maybe becuase they are so new that the majority of players haven't figured out how to play them at thier max. I played my Gaede like Flambass said they should be played and it was quite successfull. So I think the community need more experience in it. 

The root of the problem with T-61 is the vast majority of players are unable to reposition to good torp launch positions fast enough to use that reload.  The gun power on T-61 is only alright.

Be honest with the build.  How often are you really using that torp reload DPM?

If you most of the time are missing that roughly 10 second window, buffing the gun DPM might be better.  I do this frequently on low and mid tier IJN DDs.  6-8 seconds off a torp reload is not much when you can shave .7 seconds off your guns.

[ARGSY]
Members
65 posts
3,670 battles
On 10/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The root of the problem with T-61 is the vast majority of players are unable to reposition to good torp launch positions fast enough to use that reload.  The gun power on T-61 is only alright.

Be honest with the build.  How often are you really using that torp reload DPM?

If you most of the time are missing that roughly 10 second window, buffing the gun DPM might be better.  I do this frequently on low and mid tier IJN DDs.  6-8 seconds off a torp reload is not much when you can shave .7 seconds off your guns.

Agree, the torps reload plenty fast as it is. Your guns can never fire fast enough and the AP can be really nasty vs a nearby cruiser. With fast firing guns you can smoke up for a charging dd or ca and then hydro to hit them hard with torps or guns or both. The only real fault that I find with the boat is the slow traverse rate for the guns. This is a ship that could make very good use out of RDF but that comes so late in the game.