You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Question regarding Steel for Stalingrad and Black

19 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

I'm confused about the new system regarding reward ships. I've done my 30 Typhoon wins in each season of clan battles and I've ranked out 4 times. I have 27,000 Steel, and with the coupon I can get the Stalingrad for 21,000. That leaves me with just 6000 Steel if I buy the ship. The Black costs 14,000 steel, and if I rank out again this next season, that still won't get me anywhere close enough for it. So are we still rewarded the Black for a 5th rank out, or is it all done in steel? Does @LittleWhiteMouse know?

• Boring 1

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,318 battles

So you're telling us you only have six (6) battles under your belt ?  ?  ?

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
22 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I'm confused about the new system regarding reward ships. I've done my 30 Typhoon wins in each season of clan battles and I've ranked out 4 times. I have 27,000 Steel, and with the coupon I can get the Stalingrad for 21,000. That leaves me with just 6000 Steel if I buy the ship. The Black costs 14,000 steel, and if I rank out again this next season, that still won't get me anywhere close enough for it. So are we still rewarded the Black for a 5th rank out, or is it all done in steel? Does @LittleWhiteMouse know?

Yes, the Flint, Black, and Stalingrad are all done in steel.

Ranked will give the following rewards. (you have to open the link to see them)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-10/#rewards

Looks like you are getting 5,500 or so steel for ranking out.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Is the Black 14,000 steel with the coupon?

14k base, 10.5k with coupon

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,541 battles

I have 5000 steel for ranking out four times, cant play clan because of time difference so it would take me 6 r1's just to get black, several years to get stalingrad lmbo

Until wg let me migrate server or change this they wont get another penny from me

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

I have 5000 steel for ranking out four times, cant play clan because of time difference so it would take me 6 r1's just to get black, several years to get stalingrad lmbo

Until wg let me migrate server or change this they wont get another penny from me

You can get approximately 5,500 steel from this season of ranked. With a coupon, you can get Black after this season for ranking out.

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

14k base, 10.5k with coupon

Ranking out will earn 5.5k steel based on my addition.  With the 6k the OP will have left, that will give him a total of 11.5k - more than enough for the Black.  As long as he gets the coupon renewed, he won't have to wait for another coupon.

"Players who reach Rank 1 for the third or fifth time will have their coupon for the "Ships" category updated two weeks after the season's end, just in case they have already redeemed it. This is done in order to allow players to obtain Flint or Black in a comfortable manner by spending their coupon. If the coupon has not been redeemed, an additional coupon will not be added to the player's account."

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

but if we use the coupon on the Stalingrad, then it's not enough for the Black

2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Ranking out will earn 5.5k steel based on my addition.  With the 6k the OP will have left, that will give him a total of 11.5k - more than enough for the Black.  As long as he gets the coupon renewed, he won't have to wait for another coupon.

"Players who reach Rank 1 for the third or fifth time will have their coupon for the "Ships" category updated two weeks after the season's end, just in case they have already redeemed it. This is done in order to allow players to obtain Flint or Black in a comfortable manner by spending their coupon. If the coupon has not been redeemed, an additional coupon will not be added to the player's account."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-10/

Also, if you have rec'd 3 Stalingrad flags, you will get your coupon refreshed two weeks after patch 7.8.

Two weeks after the release of Update 0.7.8, if you have obtained three flags for Stalingrad and used your coupon to acquire cruiser Stalingrad, you will receive a further coupon with a 25% discount for the Ships category.

.https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-078-wows-birthday/#arsenal

If neither of these apply, then it will refresh Dec 24th this year.

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,733 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can get approximately 5,500 steel from this season of ranked. With a coupon, you can get Black after this season for ranking out.

That is what I'm saying I have no idea what he is talking about. 

I have 3k steel and I'm going to try and rank out this season. From what I gather people think the Flint is better then the Black so I'm going to buy the Flint first. 

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
5 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

oh, perfect! Thanks for clearing things up!

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles
Just now, pinkship9001 said:

oh, perfect! Thanks for clearing things up!

You're welcome. If you go to the Ranked Season web page and expand the full list of rewards, you can double-check my math (I did it adding the rewards in my head.)  In your case, I would write them down and add them up with a calculator like the one in Windows or iOS.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-10/

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

That is what I'm saying I have no idea what he is talking about. 

I have 3k steel and I'm going to try and rank out this season. From what I gather people think the Flint is better then the Black so I'm going to buy the Flint first. 

I'm going to try Ranked, but I don't think I will get much past 650 steel, Rank 15 or 16.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,253 battles

I think it's wrong That this season you can get over 5000 steel ranking out yet the previous seasons they're only paying you 2500 per season:Smile_sceptic:

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
5 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I think it's wrong That this season you can get over 5000 steel ranking out yet the previous seasons they're only paying you 2500 per season:Smile_sceptic:

It was set up that way, so that people who were going to get Flint for ranking out the third season could get the Flint this season for ranking out and using a coupon. Then the coupon would be refreshed two weeks later. Same for those that were going to get Black by ranking out this season. So it is the same as it was before, if you have ranked 2 or 4 times you will get Flint or Black by ranking out this season as if steel had never come along.

Members
855 posts
3,733 battles

Its wrong that these ships exist in the state that they are in, that is what is wrong.... yet the belfast and the MK are banned from sale because they are to OP!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Members
0 posts
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Its wrong that these ships exist in the state that they are in, that is what is wrong.... yet the belfast and the MK are banned from sale because they are to OP!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

How so? The Stalingrad is OP maybe (I haven't played against enough to really say). Flint and Black definitely are not.

• Cool 1