You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Tier 10 perma camo credit impact

16 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
Members
999 posts
2,257 battles

So with ranked being tier 10 again, I can finally participate this time!  Got my Montana all ready to go once I swap AFT for FP (when is the free respec btw?). Im in a bit of a pinch for credits, saving for Lion, and soon Yammy, and I know tier 10 is nowhere close to cheap to run. Is it worth getting the Montana perma-camo to save the bank? What is the difference in profit when running camo vs no camo (with credit flags, no Wyvern). 5k doubloons is a bit steep, but Ill be using Montana for probably all my ranked play, and hopefully in CB and some randoms. Obviously its not Missouri like, but does the camo make kobayashi earnings? Normal tier 8? or what?

Edit: Im not much of a tier 10 player outside of events/missions. I literally have  only 3 tier 10s with 0 games each. Once I finish a grind I get right back to the next one. It might be a different story once I get all the Battleships, but even then... Id rather play a lower tier. 

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

You wont lose money with the Tier 10 perma camo, but dont expect Missouri or Kobayashi. It's biggest perk is lowering repair cost.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,738 battles

what about tier9 with prem camo?that alsace is such a nice ship. but i don't know if at tier9 you can make ok credits,i don't want misso levels of income.

Edited by Cruxdei

[TAFY3]
Members
369 posts
7,791 battles

Yeah, it doesn't sound worth it unless it's a daily-driver in randoms.  Good luck in ranked this season, sir!

[TDD]
Members
925 posts
8,064 battles

i got no prem camo on my 10s and not hurting course I have a Mo so if creds start dipping i just play that a few times and good to go

Edited by nina_blain_73

Members
1,472 posts
12,551 battles

With premium account, depending on the number of premium consumables used, most wins and good game losses will be a positive credit balance - without premium medium to good wins will be  positive credit balance, all others negative.

Perm camo, without premium time, positive credits for all but the worst losses, with premium time, should be positive Clan repair cost reduction and flags and non perm camo can help

[-WPG-]
Members
963 posts
3,853 battles
26 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

what about tier9 with prem camo?that alsace is such a nice ship. but i don't know if at tier9 you can make ok credits,i don't want misso levels of income.

T9 permacamo IMO is one of the biggest wastes of doubloons. It only has 20% expense reduction -- no increased credits buff.   Plus there's really no point in keeping T9 ships once you get T10, whereas T8 and below ships are good to keep for operations and/or ranked.  If $20 is nothing to you, it's a good way to progress to T10 without having to burn/buy a bunch of temporary camos, but that's it. 

[VW]
Members
2,054 posts
12,962 battles

Finish halsey and you can run military awareness AND x% discount based on your rank level. That plus the repair discount signal and prem camo equals no loss during ranked, and i mean with vanilla time. 

Edited by monpetitloup

Beta Testers
918 posts
6,248 battles
2 hours ago, _1204_ said:

So with ranked being tier 10 again, I can finally participate this time!  Got my Montana all ready to go once I swap AFT for FP (when is the free respec btw?). Im in a bit of a pinch for credits, saving for Lion, and soon Yammy, and I know tier 10 is nowhere close to cheap to run. Is it worth getting the Montana perma-camo to save the bank? What is the difference in profit when running camo vs no camo (with credit flags, no Wyvern). 5k doubloons is a bit steep, but Ill be using Montana for probably all my ranked play, and hopefully in CB and some randoms. Obviously its not Missouri like, but does the camo make kobayashi earnings? Normal tier 8? or what?

Edit: Im not much of a tier 10 player outside of events/missions. I literally have  only 3 tier 10s with 0 games each. Once I finish a grind I get right back to the next one. It might be a different story once I get all the Battleships, but even then... Id rather play a lower tier. 

Yes! T10 premium camo turns them into premium ships. Well almost. They're kinda like T8 premiums I would guess.

You'll make a lot of money. In fact having premium camo on my tier 10's is mostly what pushed my bank account to ridiculous heights. Because of this I really run premium consumables on all ships, in all battles, because why not?  Last ranked season net me almost 50M credits I believe. (That's with a premium account as well). 

Beta Testers
345 posts
2,096 battles

I got prem camo on my Moskva and I can earn a profit credit wise is basically any match unless I derp out and die in the first minute. And I don't use premium time. Tier 10 premium camos are most definitely worth buying if you like playing the ship a lot.

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles

T10 service cost is 180,000 credits. A T10 perma-camo has a -50% service cost discount, so that makes it 90,000 credits. If your clan has the -10% BB building that would lower it to 72,000 credits. If you also put on the -10% service cost flag, that will get the T10 service cost down to 54,000 credits.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
Members
999 posts
2,257 battles

So my thinking after reading your beautiful replies and playing a Monty game and running rough calcs, It would be a good buy if I was sure I was always going to play Montana. However that is not the case. For all I know I am a Yamato unicum, and will use that for ranked, CB, and anything else that takes tier 10 ships. Thus the 5k doubloons will be wasted. I still make profit, I dont need a 100k (max) credit boost for 20 bucks

Of course minds will change eventually, but now I have JB and a bunch of new legendary camos to save for:cat_bubble:

:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles

So my thinking after reading your beautiful replies and playing a Monty game and running rough calcs, It would be a good buy if I was sure I was always going to play Montana. However that is not the case. For all I know I am a Yamato unicum, and will use that for ranked, CB, and anything else that takes tier 10 ships. Thus the 5k doubloons will be wasted. I still make profit, I dont need a 100k (max) credit boost for 20 bucks

Of course minds will change eventually, but now I have JB and a bunch of new legendary camos to save for:cat_bubble:

:Smile_honoring:

I forgot to mention, that you get +20% credits as well besides the -50% service cost on all T10 perma-camo.