You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Warn Us

43 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts

I know the times of every event are posted on the website, but most of us have a lot going on in our lives besides WOWS. I'd like to see a warning in game about the ending of every major event the day before it ends. It's one thing to say, we posted it, so hey, and another to make your players happy by reminding them of the end of important happenings. You can see players caught out unprepared every time. Just a little by-the-way blurb when we log in would help.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Last time I saw that, there was an additional 5 in-game windows in the way before I could start a game.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles

Even better they ended some stuff without much a blurb except for a tiny mention in a completely random article.  But do you think they would mention that the crates that were part of an event were getting remove earlier than the event ending?

Nope they tried to make the crates stupid proof and make it so someone wouldnt buy the crates and not use them until after the event ended. So people that were trying to be smart got shafted by thinking they would be able to but them on the last day knowing exactly how many they needed. But no, WG wanted to throw a wrench at their customers with no real communication. Even worse, they refuse to publicly acknowledge the problem and respond to their customers complaints. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 3

[TSPC]
Members
2,379 posts
7,260 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Even better they ended some stuff without much a blurb except for a tiny mention in a completely random article.  But do you think they would mention that the crates that were part of an event were getting remove earlier than the event ending?

Nope they tried to make the crates stupid proof and make it so someone wouldnt buy the crates and not use them until after the event ended. So people that were trying to be smart got shafted by thinking they would be able to but them on the last day knowing exactly how many they needed. But no, WG wanted to throw a wrench at their customers with no real communication. Even worse, they refuse to publicly acknowledge the problem and respond to their customers complaints. 

Well, technically they don't have customers right since no one can buy them?

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
6 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I know the times of every event are posted on the website, but most of us have a lot going on in our lives besides WOWS. I'd like to see a warning in game about the ending of every major event the day before it ends. It's one thing to say, we posted it, so hey, and another to make your players happy by reminding them of the end of important happenings. You can see players caught out unprepared every time. Just a little by-the-way blurb when we log in would help.

Does no one update your clan daily message with important happenings? I know I warned about the ending of the Go Navy event and I have a description of the Tour of Duty event with the current ship listed. The arnings about when the GO Navy event would end was in every article about the Go Navy event. Tons of people asked about the Go Navy event ending in many threads. So sorry you missed all the warnings.

2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It would have been nice to have had a warning on the GO Navy shop crates. There did not appear to be a count down to the end time in the premium shop either. This pic was snipped two weeks ago tho, so I don't know if there was one at the end of the event.

TLYuEKW.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
6,928 posts
2,724 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Does no one update your clan daily message with important happenings?

There's a clan daily message?  Alpha boy's got a lot to answer for.

I agree with the Seadog.  Some things deserve an in-game update panel.

Members
79 posts
16,361 battles

Snooze ya lose I guess.  I got 195 Go Navy Eagle points ………. or I HAD 195 Go Navy Eagle points, that went un-used.  Oh the humanity.

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
29 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Does no one update your clan daily message with important happenings?

19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

There's a clan daily message?  Alpha boy's got a lot to answer for.

I agree with the Seadog.  Some things deserve an in-game update panel.

Well, to answer your bottom line first, the news items appear in game and the WG logo appears when there is a new one. The Go Navy articles appeared in game as well as on the web site. The patch notes appeared in game and on the website and they mentioned the ending of Go Navy as well.

In the bottom left is the clan chat.

kbetYGg.jpg?1

The Commander and Deputy Commanders can update the Daily Message at the top of the Clan Chat screen.

kXE3SU3.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,928 posts
2,724 battles

Yeah, I got a clan channel.  There's never anything in it.  Likely because clan leadership doesn't pay any more attention to undeclared events than the rest of us.

Did I mention the Demolition Notice in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Edited by iDuckman

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,080 posts
11,053 battles

You know what is even easier to do:  Have one of the mods start a forum post with "REMINDER:  Go Navy Event End date Details".

@Gneisenau013 finds time to write up a daily post for forum members pretty much every day of the week about some random idea he wants to start a discussion on.  Great - not a big interest for me, but it's a good idea.  If the mods can do that, it would be nice if they took the time to remind people when events are ending and when the cut offs in the premium shop are.  Their posts stay pinned on the sideboard of the forum - so they are VERY visible.

Yeah, that would be a very useful way the mods could serve the forum community.

Edit:  Assuming they were even aware that the Premium shop would stop selling Go Navy crates 2 days prior to the end of the event.

Members
479 posts
8,529 battles

A simple solution to this is on the big colorful event incon in port that says sharks or eagles.   But a clock on that that counts down to the end of the event.  I play this game a lot and read notes more than most i'm sure, but i had no clue when it ended untill i came on these message boards last night and asked what happened to the go navy shop.

And to the person above about clan chat updates.   I'm not in a clan and i'd say the majority of players are not in a clan. So this is not a viable option.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, I got a clan channel.  There's never anything in it.  Likely because clan leadership doesn't may any more attention to undeclared events than the rest of us.

Did I mention the Demolition Notice in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Tour of Duty is not undeclared. It is updated every time a ship changes. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/doody/

[VW]
Members
2,059 posts
12,979 battles

They put it in the website, you clearly read forum, do you want them to send you an sms too? 

Edited by monpetitloup

Members
1,866 posts
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

They put it in the website, you clearly read forum, do you want them to send you an sms too? 

I was aware the event was ending, as I am about all events. But not everything is all about me.

Members
1,545 posts
506 battles

there are dates.... do you OWN A [edited] PEN AND PAPER>?>????

When I grew up THAT'S how you knew to do crap... matter of fact it STILL IS.....
Stop relying on others and WRITE crap DOWN!!!

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,545 posts
506 battles
3 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I was aware the event was ending, as I am about all events. But not everything is all about me.

then its THEIR FAULT they didn't pay attention....and I do not feel bad for any of them... takes but a second to jot important crap down and put it on the Fridge, or dresser mirror... or box of crayons.... whichever you use often...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

Members
1,545 posts
506 battles
26 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I would prefer a text and phone call from a Dev.... perhaps  a drone messenger...make it ALL ABOUT ME and me not having to be responsible in ANY WAY to make sure I am up on current events....

sry but this has to be the most pathetic attempt at laziness I have ever seen,,, perhaps even a bit self enlightenment,,, its not WGs responsibility to make you RESPONSIBLE for knowing what YOU got yourself into and to pay attention to all the details regarding things YOU got YOURSELF into...

if OP has his game together great,,, not MY concern if others dont pay attention... 
WRITE THAT crap   DOWN!!!

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,866 posts
5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

then its THEIR FAULT they didn't pay attention....and I do not feel bad for any of them... takes but a second to jot important crap down and put it on the Fridge, or dresser mirror... or box of crayons.... whichever you use often...

I can guarantee that a lot of players, in any game, do not pay attention to anything written on a website. Look back at all the howls about Missouri going off sale after 6 months notice. The point is, an in-game notice would serve the needs of a lot of players.

Members
1,545 posts
506 battles
6 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I can guarantee that a lot of players, in any game, do not pay attention to anything written on a website. Look back at all the howls about Missouri going off sale after 6 months notice. The point is, an in-game notice would serve the needs of a lot of players.

and yet there have been lots of in game notifications in the past,,, and STILL threads just like this.....
SO you tell me... WILL IT REALLY HELP???
The answer BTW is NO.... 

and SHAME ON PLAYERS that don't take a few minutes to read important stuff....just shame on them...how embarrassing it must be to NOT read stuff, then RANT about it, and be shown EXACTLY where it is, in front of your face and takes 15 seconds to read....
More time is spent on rant threads about rediculous things the ranting OP could have taken 10 secionds to know....
Like I said, I do not feel sorry for people that shun their responsibility to inform them selves about the games they commit hours a day to...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
5 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The news items from the website DO pop up IN GAME with the WG logo to show that the person has not read it yet. If the people don't read it, that is their fault.