You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FogHornLegHorn_2017

What is the best way to make coal?

22 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
5 minutes ago, FogHornLegHorn_2017 said:

What have you found is the most profitable to earn coal..  Need enough to get the Salem

Play the game, complete the daily missions, and always select "More Resources" Daily containers.

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,231 posts
6,596 battles

Get containers, complete the daily missions.

Or you could have bought about 100 premium shop Go Navy Containers, which, with the tokens all exchanged for regular Go Navy containers, would have netted 180,000 coal...those and one ship coupon would have landed you a Salem.

NEXT!

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

Well I think the best way to make coal is to take tons of vegetative matter and than stack even more tons of earth over it. Add some heat and wait. Eventually you'll have a nice coal steam you can mine up for all your energy needs. 

You could have farmed GoNavy containers for coal, I think I made over 100k in coal from those alone. 

But if you don't have a lot of coal you could just get the DesMoines a ship I hear is much better than the Salem. 

[O_O]
Members
849 posts
6,707 battles

I need 50k to get my Musashi....

now that GO Navy is done...only getting it through daily containers ...sighs... :Smile_sad:

anyone have a shovel ....i need to dig for more... :Smile_facepalm:

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

As said grind out all 3 daily containers and choose extra resources. I need to buy more special modules since ranked is starting.

Members
11 posts
4,260 battles

I have been doing and the missions and choosing resources but I got started late during the event. have 78.000 which is 83.00 short I will keep grinding.  Was just curious if there was another route in addition to the missions and choosing resources.  Fire Medic,  retired HFD here.

Edited by FogHornLegHorn_2017

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
11,543 battles

Have a bunch of children, teach them to be rotten little bastards and collect the bags of coal Santa brings them every year

• Funny 3

Members
11 posts
4,260 battles
47 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Or you could have bought about 100 premium shop Go Navy Containers, which, with the tokens all exchanged for regular Go Navy containers, would have netted 180,000 coal...those and one ship coupon would have landed you a Salem.

NEXT!

Didn't know about that but I do now.  Rats

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You could grind to Rank 1, and then convert your steel to coal.:cap_fainting:

Not possible for many players, such as myself, who don't even have any Tier VIIIs yet, let alone Tier IXs or Xs.

[TAFY3]
Members
369 posts
7,824 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

Play the game, complete the daily missions, and always select "More Resources" Daily containers.

THIS.  

@OP  I already bought the Salem with coal.  Don't forget to use the coupon to get her for 180K.  She's a gud bote.  

Beta Testers
563 posts
7,077 battles

Coal is a long slog, however playing each day and getting crates usually nets coal.  Without the Shark/Eagle crates it cuts earning back a bit. 

Frankly I am surprised that WG hasn't started selling coal.  I am not saying I am for them selling coal. It just seems like, with a portion of the player base able to buy anything WG sells, that they would do this.

Other than the three daily crates/missions there really isnt a way to grind it.

Now with CW and Ranked, those offer opportunities, albeit not always available. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,231 posts
6,596 battles
2 minutes ago, FogHornLegHorn_2017 said:

Didn't know about that but I do now.  Rats

Don't be overly disappointed. Their base price was $5 each. Max quantity discount was what, 20%, I think? Would have cost a cool $400 to do it that way.

Members
19,030 posts
5,347 battles

Squeeze dinosaurs. Not for too long or too hard though, or you get oil....

[BROOK]
Members
1,629 posts
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

NEXT!

Sounds like a bargoon. What would it set you back? 200 smackers?

[A-I-M]
Members
1,231 posts
6,596 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Sounds like a bargoon. What would it set you back? 200 smackers?

Already answered that above. Starting from scratch: $400.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[O_O]
Members
849 posts
6,707 battles
How is Coal Formed?

1. Peat is created

Most of the coal we use now was formed about 300 million years ago, when much of the earth was covered by steamy swamps. As plants and trees died, their remains sank to the bottom of the swampy areas, making layers and layers of plant material and eventually forming a soggy, thick material called PEAT.

2. Sedimentary rocks squeeze peat!

Over long periods of time, the makeup of the earth's surface kept changing for many reasons. Seas and great rivers caused sand, clay and other minerals to land on top of the peat, burying it further and further into the ground.  

Sandstone and other rocks called sedimentary ( SAID-EH-MEN-TARY) rocks were formed, and the pressure caused by their weight squeezed water from the peat just like your hand might press on a wet sponge and force the water out.

The pressure from sedimentary rocks squeezed the water from the peat.

3. Peat changes to coal

Pressing the peat down further in the earth gradually changed the material to coal. Scientists estimate that from 1 to 3 meters of plant matter was needed to form 1 meter of coal that we can use for burning to give us different kinds of energy.

Coal formation is a process that still goes on. It takes a very long time though for the whole process to take place. Some of our newest coal is a only about one million years old…wow…just a fossil baby!

After thousands of years the peat turns into coal.