You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elder_Lee

Anniversary Tokens

9 comments in this topic

[R_N]
[R_N]
Members
73 posts
4,802 battles

Fellow Captains,

Have you found any of the Anniversary Tokens?

Per in game message/notes you earn these Anniversary Tokens by earning Containers or buying Containers from the Prim Shop.

I have earned and opened three containers today and yet seen a single Anniversary Token.

Am I doing something wrong?  

Edited by Elder_Lee

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles

READING It is a skill that is apparently not common in the forums.

Anniversary Tokens will be obtainable August 24th. It is in the patch notes.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,752 posts
4,882 battles

Search function and reading. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-078-wows-birthday/

Welcome to the Anniversary section of the Arsenal. Here you can spend the World of Warships Anniversary tokens you obtain during our celebrations. You will find these tokens in containers dedicated to the World of Warships Anniversary.

These will be available when completing daily combat missions, accessible between August 24 and September 19.

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles

Just reread the patch notes and the way it is worded could easily be taken to mean the containers will be available starting the 24th.  In fact, I did not expect to see the containers until Friday.  Poorly worded because “these” in a following sentence usually refers to the object of the previous sentence.  The previous sentence points to containers and then the next sentence uses “these”.  Interesting that they would release the containers early without there being any tokens in them.  Fortunately, I now know this ahead of time and won’t be surprised when I go to play tonight.  It is almost as if native English speakers don’t look over the copy after it is translated.

You will find these tokens in containers dedicated to the World of Warships Anniversary. These will be available when completing daily combat missions, accessible between August 24 and September 19.”

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
502 posts
7,403 battles
59 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Just reread the patch notes and the way it is worded could easily be taken to mean the containers will be available starting the 24th.  In fact, I did not expect to see the containers until Friday.  Poorly worded because “these” in a following sentence usually refers to the object of the previous sentence.  The previous sentence points to containers and then the next sentence uses “these”.  Interesting that they would release the containers early without there being any tokens in them.  Fortunately, I now know this ahead of time and won’t be surprised when I go to play tonight.  It is almost as if native English speakers don’t look over the copy after it is translated.

You will find these tokens in containers dedicated to the World of Warships Anniversary. These will be available when completing daily combat missions, accessible between August 24 and September 19.”

Image result for dude i lost my car quotes

[-PRO-]
Members
3 posts
536 battles
3 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I just think it's brainless for them to release the anniversary update this early just because they dident want anyone to be able to earn more than one permanent camo from the Go Navy event. Normally when something like this is released that they have already talked about, the event normally starts when they put the elements in the game from what i've seen in the past. <sigh> Well I guess the servers will be pretty dead till friday, or filled with people who think they are earning anniversary boxes with tokens in them, only to find out they arnt. lmbo. 

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, HocusPocusFocus said:

I just think it's brainless for them to release the anniversary update this early just because they dident want anyone to be able to earn more than one permanent camo from the Go Navy event. Normally when something like this is released that they have already talked about, the event normally starts when they put the elements in the game from what i've seen in the past. <sigh> Well I guess the servers will be pretty dead till friday, or filled with people who think they are earning anniversary boxes with tokens in them, only to find out they arnt. lmbo. 

Well, the WG anniversary was in Aug. The WoWs anniversary is in mid Sep. Since the next patch does not drop until Sep 19th, it has to go in this patch. From what I understand, the patches drop on Wednesdays in the NA, but on Thursdays on other servers. So that is why I would guess it would start on Friday. The last few events have started a day or so after the patch.

Well, you could get one T10 perma-camo in Go Navy for free. If you wanted a second, it cost 3 $5 boxes IF you got to at least 50 loyalty in each team. So effectively, you could have got two T10 perma-camos for $7.50 a piece, instead of $20-24.

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles

I don't see any missions for Anniversary containers in the Client.  The only thing I see related to an Anniversary are the crates for last year's Anniversary in the Arsenal.  Those do not give tokens, but allow you to complete last year's Anniversary Collection to get the rewards.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I don't see any missions for Anniversary containers in the Client.  The only thing I see related to an Anniversary are the crates for last year's Anniversary in the Arsenal.  Those do not give tokens, but allow you to complete last year's Anniversary Collection to get the rewards.

Starts on Aug 24th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-078-wows-birthday/#arsenal