You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jumarka

15:35hs local time, no German ships.

25 comments in this topic

[LTNY]
Members
335 posts
4,124 battles

Arsenal:
2 Japanese
1 British
1 French
3 USA
2 Soviet

Why no German love?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,704 posts
10,076 battles

The German Navy did not respond to requests to participate in the Arsenal. From previous interviews with Admiral Dernitz, The Kreigsmarine believes there is no need to dilute the value of their ships with this alternative marketplace.

• Funny 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,658 posts
3,895 battles

As popular as they are, Germany did not have a large navy. They were only larger in comparison to Russia, and dwarfed by literally anyone else involved in the war's naval activities.

This means fewer options for premiums, and therefore fewer options for Arsenal ships.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,680 posts
4,423 battles

Germany actually has a pretty small number of premium vessels in the game currently, and none that WG want to give away for “free” at the moment. Honestly though, now that T-61 is here, I hope that they rotate Z39 into the Arsenal.

Edited by SkaerKrow

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Honestly though, now that T-61 is here, I hope that they rotate Z39 into the Arsenal.

I suspect the first German candidate will be the Emden.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LTNY]
Members
335 posts
4,124 battles
9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

As popular as they are, Germany did not have a large navy. They were only larger in comparison to Russia, and dwarfed by literally anyone else involved in the war's naval activities.

This means fewer options for premiums, and therefore fewer options for Arsenal ships.

Cool, but we have even less French ships and premiums, and Agile is right there.

[LTNY]
Members
335 posts
4,124 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

God WG, please no.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,231 posts
13,029 battles

When is WG's Gamescom announcement this year? They rushed a German ship to market last year for the event (since it's hosted in Germany).

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,658 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Jumarka said:

Cool, but we have even less French ships and premiums, and Agile is right there.

France is still new.

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,297 battles
15 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Outside of paper ships. And we know how people feel about that (generally).

[SIM]
Members
2,680 posts
4,423 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, you’re probably spot on with that. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,024 posts
10,703 battles

I guess they can take solace in having T-61 recently released.

With Prinz Eitel to come Germany will shortly have a total of 10 premiums, while the UK will get it's 7th with Cossack, and well... France is at just 4 but with 3 pending release.

Edited by mofton

Members
175 posts
202 battles
34 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Yet they had more losses than any other Navy. You're forgetting the focus of Germany was a type that will never be in game.

SUBS

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,658 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Yet they had more losses than any other Navy. You're forgetting the focus of Germany was a type that will never be in game.

SUBS

Subs aren't ships.

Members
175 posts
202 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Subs aren't ships.

1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Subs aren't ships.

You said they didn't have a large Navy. Are subs part of the Coast Guard? Merchant Fleet? Or the Navy? Germany had a huge Submarine force all were apart of the NAVY last time I checked.

Let's not even get into all the ships of the WWI era KM fleet that are currently not in game.

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

I thought subs were boats?

”As a sailor in boats, ships and submarines, this is what I've been told: it is a historical convention that goes back to definitions: ships carry boats; that is to say, a sea-going vessel that can be carried, launched, and/or tended by another sea-going vessel is a 'boat', and a ship cannot be carried by another ship; since it is a historical holdover, it reflects the time it came to be, when submarines were actually boats.”

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-a-submarine-called-a-boat-and-not-a-ship

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LTNY]
Members
335 posts
4,124 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Were any ships added to the arsenal aside from the Stalingrad? 

No, only Stalingrad.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

When is WG's Gamescom announcement this year? They rushed a German ship to market last year for the event (since it's hosted in Germany).

T-61 doesn't qualify?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Ah, I remember how the "rushed out the door Graf Zeppelin" went!  Those were good times! :Smile_teethhappy:

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles
3 hours ago, Edgecase said:

I don't know about an announcement, but in case you missed it there has been a code tossed around to win Gamescom camo patterns and a Challenge to play 5 games per day with a German ship to get 50% more XP for each battle, as well as a credit discount on the ships of the German line.