You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Tier 1-6 cost reductions -- a few questions

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Screenshot_39.thumb.png.f6fcc93cc51268e21fb4a2650d5eafdb.png

So, uh, what do the cost reductions actually apply to?  Let's look at upgrading from a stock Tier 4 to a Tier 6 ship.

1. Tier 4 module (e.g. Hull B) XP cost is reduced by 40% (as per IV-V line)
  2. Tier 4 module Credit cost is unchanged
  3. Tier 5 ship XP (research) cost is reduced by 40% (as per IV-V line)
  4. Tier 5 ship Credit (purchase) cost is reduced by 20% (as per IV-V line)
  5. Tier 5 module (e.g. Hull B) XP cost is reduced by 10% (as per V-VI line)
  6. Tier 5 module Credit cost is unchanged
  7. Tier 6 ship XP cost is reduced by 10% (as per V-VI line)
  8. Tier 6 ship Credit cost is reduced by 5% (as per V-VI line)
  9. Tier 6 module costs are unchanged

Have I got this figured out?

BTW, the wiki seems to have been updated overnight.  Way to go, wikipudlians!

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles

It seems to be in reference to buying the ship itself. Upgrades/modules would therefore be unaffected. In fact I seem to recall the breakdown video specifically saying module prices remain the same.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

Pretty simple the initial research XP cost and purchase Credit cost is reduced and module research XP cost is reduced after that the credit cost of modules is not reduced.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It seems to be in reference to buying the ship itself. Upgrades/modules would therefore be unaffected. In fact I seem to recall the breakdown video specifically saying module prices remain the same.

Partially so.  There is a research cost reduction for modules.  (Read the header for the second column.) 

"However, the cost in Credits of modules has not changed."

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Pretty simple the initial research XP cost and purchase Credit cost is reduced and module research XP cost is reduced after that the credit cost of modules is not reduced.

Initially I was a bit confused as to which discount applies at each step.  When you take it stepwise and refer to the table it is pretty straightforward.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,185 battles

Unfortunately, for me at least, the XP generates faster than the credits when working up a line even with premium time and all the flags, so this just creates more of a credit deficit for me...wonder if they are trying to get people to buy credits in the shop as a result?

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,945 posts
4,837 battles

They are trying to populate the higher tiers and make the game less grindy.

Issue is, when they reach the higher tiers and see the million + pay walls for ships...they feel the grind ever harder and then bail to easier games. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,185 battles

Pre 7.8, the grind from 1 to 6 was already pretty quick, it's the grind to 7 and up that could use adjusting if they are trying to populate the higher tiers.  As it is, I plan on stopping at tier 7 or maybe 8 in each line that I'm interested in...just enough to dip my toes in the highest tier bracket, but I wouldn't have the funds to go higher until after I've opened up more lines to see what I really like.  The credits just go so fast for new players when you're hopping up the branches of the lower tiers, especially when the tree splits from CA to DD and then CA to BB and then to CV, and it's gotten to the point that I won't buy upgrades for anything under tier 4 as I'm not in the lower tiers long enough to benefit from them and they just add to the credit sink.  And yes, I have sold off some of the lower tier ships to make credits, keeping only a few of the ones I like or might be where the RN or French DD lines split off.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,926 posts
4,724 battles
26 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Unfortunately, for me at least, the XP generates faster than the credits when working up a line even with premium time and all the flags, so this just creates more of a credit deficit for me...wonder if they are trying to get people to buy credits in the shop as a result?

Kind of in the same boat.  I hop around and don't just grind one line up.  But I've passed on buying some premium ships because the credits to mount all the upgrades would leave me unable to purchase the next ship I was about to unlock.  

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
25 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

They are trying to populate the higher tiers and make the game less grindy.

Issue is, when they reach the higher tiers and see the million + pay walls for ships...they feel the grind ever harder and then bail to easier games. 

There may be something to that.  This has people spending less time at Tier IV behind the MM protection and gets them into Tier V with the feeling that advancing is not all that hard.  Sort of giving the T5 grind some starting inertia. 

Whatever, I want back the 15K FXP they enticed me to spend in response to the German small bote sale - mere days before this was mentioned.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Oh boy!  Myogi <ptui> will be cheaper.  Pardon me while I give it a miss anyway.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
38 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Oh boy!  Myogi <ptui> will be cheaper.  Pardon me while I give it a miss anyway.

The funny thing is, Arizona with the range upgrade module has the EXACT same range as Myogi.(18.6 km) I played Myogi a good bit, and I have main'd Arizona in the past. So I am very used to that range. 

Honestly though, the only thing good about Myogi is overmatch.

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
12 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Range?  Since when has range mattered a :etc_swear: ??

Since a gun with no range has been called either a muscle, or "ramming speed!".

Either way, it's not really a gun.

Edited by legoboy0401

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

I love to ram.  They never let me get close enough. :(

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

I love to ram.  They never let me get close enough. :(