You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

New IJN dd

15 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,565 battles

WG in know it is day one but the new IJN dd are just stupid!!!!!

How can a 100mm gun be more powerful than a heavy crusier?????????

You will say they dont turn fast and there turrets move slow. But there is smoke that you can't see through.

And how can a 100mm gun take out every ship? wth it is more powerful than every ship now.

Do you want the game to continue? You have Stalingrade and now this junk. I have played for 2 years now and I am starting to turn it off because your choices like 100mm gun be MORE powerful than EVERY OTHER ship in the game.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[VFW]
Members
970 posts
21,731 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

WG in know it is day one but the new IJN dd are just stupid!!!!!

How can a 100mm gun be more powerful than a heavy crusier?????????

You will say they dont turn fast and there turrets move slow. But there is smoke that you can't see through.

And how can a 100mm gun take out every ship? wth it is more powerful than every ship now.

Do you want the game to continue? You have Stalingrade and now this junk. I have played for 2 years now and I am starting to turn it off because your choices like 100mm gun be MORE powerful than EVERY OTHER ship in the game.

My question to you is...Do you play/have played these ships?   The Akizuki has been in game for a while, yet you only speak of the "new IJN dd".  The Akizuki is a beast in good hands, but sucks if played wrong.  The Kitikaze is just a better Akizuki and the Harugumo has many weaknesses, but one huge strength...it be played well and backed by a decent team.

I'm not trying to insult you but only want to understand your perceptive in this topic.

vr,

Members
855 posts
3,733 battles

These ships are designed to punish low skill players and force them to learn positioning for the good of humanity. 

Everything does more damage then poorly played BBs when their captains can't hit the broadside of a barn. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto
  • Cool 3

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
882 posts
7,406 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

These ships are designed to punish low skill players and force them to learn positioning for the good of humanity. 

That applies to DD torpedoes and CVs in general.

Members
855 posts
3,733 battles
2 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

That applies to DD torpedoes and CVs in general.

Some people never learn so they hide their stats from the public and make cry threads about OP ships. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
13 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Some people never learn so they hide their stats from the public and make cry threads about OP ships. 

So true, Cheeto.  So very, very true.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts

I think that Kitakaze and Harugumo are situationally very powerful ships, just as Atlanta is a situationally powerful ship, and so is Minotaur. They both have awesome amounts of firepower, but are limited by the ship's hulls. Kitakaze is a very large destroyer, and this is even more so for Harugumo. They suffer for this with very, very bad turning circles, slow rates of turn, and low top speeds for a DD. They also present fairly massive targets for the enemy team's guns. I have been able to consistently hit them in my battleships, even while they're hiding in smoke. They also deal with torpedoes about as well as a pregnant whale. I've personally always had issues dealing with torpedoes in my Akizuki, and these problems are exacerbated in her successors. 

Are Kitakaze and Harugumo strong ships? I'd say that yes, they are. They are very strong in the right situations, and the right hands.
 They are also big, fat targets, and very satisfying to shoot at.   

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,565 battles
6 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I think that Kitakaze and Harugumo are situationally very powerful ships, just as Atlanta is a situationally powerful ship, and so is Minotaur. They both have awesome amounts of firepower, but are limited by the ship's hulls. Kitakaze is a very large destroyer, and this is even more so for Harugumo. They suffer for this with very, very bad turning circles, slow rates of turn, and low top speeds for a DD. They also present fairly massive targets for the enemy team's guns. I have been able to consistently hit them in my battleships, even while they're hiding in smoke. They also deal with torpedoes about as well as a pregnant whale. I've personally always had issues dealing with torpedoes in my Akizuki, and these problems are exacerbated in her successors. 

Are Kitakaze and Harugumo strong ships? I'd say that yes, they are. They are very strong in the right situations, and the right hands.
 They are also big, fat targets, and very satisfying to shoot at.   

Valaid points but they are 100 50mm guns they should not pen as much as a 6 6inch shell. At this point there is no reason to have different caliber guns when they all do the same.

It should be able to pen 25 at most with IFHE. 

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,565 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

So true, Cheeto.  So very, very true.

States are for locows that want to make them selves feel better than everyone else.

[KNTI2]
Members
800 posts
4,667 battles
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

States are for locows that want to make them selves feel better than everyone else.

If you aren't confident enough in your overall performance to make them public, why does your opinion on game balance even matter?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,019 posts
10,699 battles

I'm more disappointed that hot on the heels of the USS Wors-my-island-er we've added a pair of pretty static looking, smoke or island scuttling destroyers poorly suited to blue water ops.

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,565 battles
19 hours ago, NATOMarksman said:

If you aren't confident enough in your overall performance to make them public, why does your opinion on game balance even matter?

So no one but you matters I guess. Stats dont matter

[KNTI2]
Members
800 posts
4,667 battles
57 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

So no one but you matters I guess. Stats dont matter

You're the only person in this entire thread who has hidden their stats.

> stats don't matter

Are we balancing based on how things make us feel then? Since we're not using actual verifiable experience in terms of how different ship types, played competently, fare against it or how it actually handles from a player perspective?

Sounds dumb.

Edited by NATOMarksman