Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Transfer to another server

5 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

First time ever in all the time I have been on the server that I received "Transfering to another server =- your server is going down for maintenance". 

Huh. 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,314 posts

It's what it says when the server is choking, even though there are no other US servers....:Smile_teethhappy:

It's simply swapping you to another node on the server, and doesn't really accomplish anything. It's almost as if they have WOT legacy code floating around in there.....

[HINON]
Supertester
19,538 posts
13,126 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's what it says when the server is choking, even though there are no other US servers....:Smile_teethhappy:

No, but 'the' US Server is a cluster of machines, that you can get transferred between.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,781 posts
2,670 battles

As Lert says, the NA "server" is actually a whole bunch individual of machines, possibly at different locations, joined to form a virtual server.  Port sessions and likely battles are hosted on individual machines.  Machines can be taken down and reloaded by moving port sessions to another machine.  (From the announcement it appears that battles are not moved.) 

Anyway, I got that Transferred announcement earlier today.  Not really something to remark further on.

Sign in to follow this