You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Worcester in new ranked season?

12 comments in this topic

Members
822 posts
6,193 battles

how competitive do u guys think the worcester will be in the new ranked season? It's basically a Radar Mino with HE...

[REVY]
Members
969 posts
7,809 battles
7 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

how competitive do u guys think the worcester will be in the new ranked season? It's basically a Radar Mino with HE...

...but no smoke or torpedos. I think it gets a benefit due to shell arc and island hiding ability. Other wise like most CLs, a solid hit by a BB will deleted it rather quickly.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
459 posts
19,355 battles

It should do well if played correctly. they can definitely cause a lot of damage. 

[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,693 battles

I think it’s low detection, consumable suite and shell arcs will make it a useful ship in ranked. It has a good ability to dissuade ships from pushing caps and if it kites away from a B.B. it can put a withering hail of he into a bow on chasing B.B. or cruiser.

Members
822 posts
6,193 battles
23 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

First season with a ship that can stealth AA. A lot of CVs are going to lose squadrons instantly and unexpectedly. 

there are pretty much no CVs in ranked. When i queue up if i see CV in queue, i instantly drop out.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
29 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

First season with a ship that can stealth AA. A lot of CVs are going to lose squadrons instantly and unexpectedly. 

Thats why i default to AAs off until Im air detected detected, then BFT/AFT Def AA gets popped

[-WPG-]
Members
953 posts
3,785 battles
58 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

there are pretty much no CVs in ranked. When i queue up if i see CV in queue, i instantly drop out.

I only had t8 last year. Saw a carrier in one out of 6 or 7 matched.  Infrequent maybe, not rare. 

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Hopefully there are CVs as my Tier 8 ships will be the Kidd (AA Spec) and the NC (also AA), then the Worcester for Tier 10.

Members
553 posts
3,758 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

...but no smoke or torpedos. I think it gets a benefit due to shell arc and island hiding ability. Other wise like most CLs, a solid hit by a BB will deleted it rather quickly.

Solid hits on it are relatively harder to hit than most well-played CL’s.  My take on it is that it is really dependent on the map and team to utilize it’s strengths.  The skill ceiling is high, but I think many will be calling for a nerf after this ranked season.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,382 posts
19,400 battles

I would rather choose the DM. Better AP, better armor. I have the legendary module unlocked so I will see if the exchange of RPM to manouverability is worth it. Sitting behind a rock will not really help the team. On the other hand you can farm damage easy and may avoid losing a star. From PTS: if you are spotted in a Sauce you instandly see the enemy arm at you goes up to 7. High priority target from the point of DD and BB players so they will ask their team to take your out asap.